The Vice President of Sales and Operations is responsible for all aspects of Sales and Operations within the four separate Canadian facilities.
Working with the Senior Vice President and CEO, the position is responsible for contributing to the overall development and implementation of the entire company’s strategies, policies and practices.
Optimize, implement and successfully manage warehouse production, sales departments, credit department, IT department, product sales and quality standards.
Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales, covering relevant areas of operation
Analyze and implement process flow improvements, to include capabilities for growth.
Manage the day-to-day activities for all departments to assure that efficiencies, safety and best practices are maximized.
Manage the employment and training for all departments.
Develop and oversee implementation and administration of department policies, systems, and procedures.
Determines optimum staffing model for the departments.
Prepare operational analyses for the departments.
Manage and control departmental expenditures within agreed budgets.
Manage and develop direct reporting staff.
Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development for all departments.
Liaise with all functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for this position must have:
- 10+ years experience in management of large multi-warehouse, distribution and call centre environments
- 10+ years experience with Cross Dock Receiving and Quality Control of wearable goods
- 10+ years experience in teaching proactive sales techniques, resulting in proven increased sales
- Human Resources experience a must – 10+ years experience with hiring and terminations
- Experience in managing multimillion dollar inventories
- Proven ability to increase company sales while also increasing overall company margins
- Real Estate experience – proven ability to successfully negotiate current and future commercial leases.
- Experience and proven ability to negotiate and handle corporate Logistical contracts
- Experience in moving large distribution centres to new locations
- Proven ability to maintain efficient, cost effective staffing levels in all departments managed
- Proven ability to effectively decrease business expenses company wide
- Experience with writing advertising articles, editing marketing pieces and further contributing successfully to company Marketing needs
- Experience with catalogue layout and photo shoots
- Ability to contribute to sales forecasting in regards to purchasing inventory
- Managed directly or indirectly staff levels of 50+ employees
- Extremely strong communication (written and oral) skills are required
- Excellent computer and systems skills
- Experience with, including training of, mainframe database computer systems
- Good working knowledge and experience with large integrated sales, distribution and inventory systems
- Results oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Exhibit great attention to detail and highly organized
Bachelors Degree from accredited University and/or College
Leadership / Management courses completed a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Competitive benefits package
Salary – range 100K – 180K depending on experience