Samsung

Samsung Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall it's okay place to work
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), 600 FREEPORT PKWY COPPELL,  TX  75019May 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part at work was working around the newest cellphones.
Productive and quite place
Technical Staff (Former Employee), PhilippinesMay 26, 2014
Pros: free transportation/food
Cons: timings of work
Monitoring as my type of work. Lean to manage my time fo the whole shift
Daily Routine
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonuses, allowances for lunch every month
Cons: chaotic, constant change everyday, lack of quality decisions and plans
I typically communicate to my team the daily priorities manufacturing has as far as product movement and roadblocks in the line. I will then allocate resources to ensure that quality and efficient work is done to achieve our goals. I currently provide leadership to equipment and process technicians to which I communicate the requests of engineering – more... and manufacturing. The hardest part of the job is performance managing individuals who make mistakes but the best part of my job is the satisfaction I feel when my own employees are recognized for the excellent work they do. A Supervisor position is a difficult job but I have learned how to inspire people to take pride and accountability in their everyday work. – less
Good Place to work
CMP Reflexion LK PM Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 21, 2014
Cons: micromanaging, communication
Overall is a good place to work, but a lot of micromanaging
There's very little communication with upper management with persons working on the floor
Working at Samsung is not going to be my first choice anymore!
Vendor/Device Manager (Current Employee), factoria, waMay 19, 2014
Working at Samsung is not going to be my first choice anymore!
QA
Master Auditor (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 17, 2014
Working on the manufacturing line, taught adults different process and administered test.
N/A
Manufacturing Innovation Engineer II (Former Employee), 13May 15, 2014
- Good
Competitive Salary
Nice cafe

- Bad
Pressure
Micro management
you are second class citizen if you are not korean
tech (Former Employee), ridgefield park, njMay 15, 2014
Cons: working there
culture is korean. first language in office is korean. training is in korean. if you're not korean, you're second class citizen in the office.
If you like confusion and weak management then apply here!
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), austin,txMay 15, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: everything outside of the bonuses.
This place sucks for various reasons but the bonuses are good.
Great company to work
SAP Operation Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 15, 2014
Great company to work.1994-2000 willing invest in employee.
A Great Experience
Manager - Training & Client Services (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 14, 2014
Samsung is a true global player. With business in almost every major sector of products, and a footprint all over the world, opportunities are endless.
Very easy
Warehouse Operative, Team Leader (Former Employee), Telford, ENGMay 13, 2014
It was a easy job in the warehouse. Learned to work in a team where sometimes I had to take the lead and improvise with the solutions for any problem that we, the stock maintenance and quality control team, were responsible to deal with.
In overall the job was easy and not very challenging compering to care work.
A place to develop yourself and carrer
Manufacturing Leader (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPMay 12, 2014
Well when I started at Samsung I had the opportunity to develop myself as i didn't have any experience in that area but with Samsung I could grow up as a professional and learn about everything from their process.
Meaningful Day At Work
Regional eCommerce Project Manager (Current Employee), Maple Tree Business CityMay 10, 2014
In a typical day at work, I would be doing strategic planning for work e.g. writing pricing strategy, UAT plan etc, process improvement, KPI improvement plans.

In this job, I have learnt the functional aspects e.g. digital marketing, and ecommerce functions, and also, the interpersonal aspects in managing a team.

My co-workers comes from all the various – more... departments like sales, marketing, operations as we need to work together to achieve targets.

The hardest part of the job is on change management, or leading people to do things they do not want to do.

The most enjoyable of the job is to see the results that I want to achieve e.g. project go live, or sales target achieved. – less
The worse place I every worked
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), NJMay 8, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch
Cons: no work/life balance, management only cares about themselves, no help provided
For a large company, there is nothing that is clearly defined. Management never showed me even the basic tasks and then expected me to know what to do. I had to ask to meet with my manager on the first day. Management didn't even speak to me, even when I asked for help. I was lucky to get a hello. They just care what they look like to managers above – more... them and not how to help their employees.

No expectation of work life balance. Flex time is a joke, since you are only respected if you stay past 7pm. – less
Tough place to work at but makes you a stronger person
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Suwon, KoreaMay 7, 2014
Pros: great company to work and learn
Cons: working hours are tough
• Routine work
• I learned
- how to execute
- how to present
- how to communicate
• Managements are always open for new ideas but very aggressive when they get into it.
• Co-workers are very smart but they do not know how to balance between work and life. (Maybe that's just a culture)
• Everything was OK except work hours
• The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was about learning new experiences. I generally learned about how to work at a conglomerate while at Samsung. – less
Dynamic and fast paced environment with many opportunities for success
Supervisor, Facilities (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 30, 2014
Pros: subsidized lunches, on-site cafe's, focused managerial attention
Cons: dependent upon job classification, overtime may be required
Samsung is a technology focused company with opportunities every day to excel in making changes thanks to focused efforts on employee empowerment. Excellent work environment with friendly, committed team members. Management makes a real effort to balance the work/life environment while continuing to coach and mentor employees to achieve highly competitive – more... goals in the semiconductor industry. Competitive salaries and excellent benefits. – less
An Experince
Executive Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCApril 29, 2014
Unprofessional workplace and poor management. I would not recommend nobody over there.
To be patience and resourceful to my work.
Senior Air-condition technician (Former Employee), Doha, QatarApril 27, 2014
: My typical day at work in Samsung service center is *8 hours in 6 days but sometimes my manager requested me to work overtime. In Samsung Service center our goal is for the costumers satisfaction. We need to attend our calls even our time is finish because the climate in the middle east is too much hot and you cannot live without Air-condition.
: – more... I learned to communicate and understand other people because in other country all people have different culture and beliefs.
: I learned also to be more resourceful and patience to my work.
: My co workers is very kind to me even we are from different nations because I always respect them and in return they do as well.
: The hardest part of job... All jobs is hard but I can make it easy because I put my heart on it...
: I always enjoyed my job especially when salary is coming because my family is waiting for that. – less
good
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), NOIDA, INDIAApril 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch transportation
Cons: no challenging job
My Job was not so challenging. Otherwise Company is very good.

About Samsung

Samsung Group is a South Korean multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It comprises numerous – Read more