We are looking to hire a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our Finance team and contribute to the overall success of the Company by assisting in the development of short and long-term strategic plans for the Company. This role will be based at our office in Toronto and will report to and work in partnership with the VP Finance based in Toronto and the leadership in our New York office.
- Work with departments, units, and branch offices in the development of the annual budget and reforecast to develop both Sales and Expense forecasts
- Liaise with President of the office to project Sales and Expenses.
- Identify potential opportunities and make recommendations for cost savings that can optimize DAC’s financial position.
- Prepare management and executive reports to support and control income and expenses against DAC’s short and long-term financial plans.
- Maintain and manage Publisher compensation plans as it pertains to DAC commission and bonus opportunities.
- Prepare cash flow and monitor liquidity position of DAC Group to ensure adequate short-term cash/financing requirements are met to operate the business.
- Liaise with credit department and Account Service teams and assist in ensuring terms are being maintained and identify opportunities for improving methods of collection.
- Investigate and conduct appropriate variance analyses on all areas based on deviations of actual results vs. budget/reforecast.
- Conduct profitability and scenario analyses for new and existing business opportunities.
- Monitor and ensure finance policies and procedures are properly adhered to, conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and DAC Group’s internal control standards.
- Generate and review all client contracts and rebate agreements for completeness and final customer signing
- Monthly review of the AR Provision with the Credit Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in planning, forecasting, and analysis
- University degree with a Major in Accounting
- A Professional Accounting Designation (e.g. CFM, CMA, CPA) is a definite asset
- Superior analytical abilities and organization skills
- Strategic approach to planning
- High integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain relationships with external and internal clients
- Excellent communication abilities – verbal and written
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel’s advanced functions
Indeed - 5 months ago