Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

A nightmare
Deputy Director (Former Employee) –  Cayuga ON2 April 2015
This Samsung C&T project was micromanaged from the home office in Korea, none of whom had wind farm experience or North American experience. 80 hours per week was the norm, sometimes more. This was actually necessary to correct mistakes made by the home office.
great company to build experience
Supply Chain Manager, MC National Retails (Tablet) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2015
good place to build experience.
great co-workers but not a good pleace to grow within.

it is too fast paced and you have to work over the weekend.
n/a
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2015
A very short-term, transactional approach makes this organization worth working for only if you adopt a similar mindset.
Great people
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 November 2014
Really enjoed working here. amazing products. amazing ideas. love this company
Good management
Warranty Supervisor at Sky Distribution (Current Employee) –  cairo3 November 2014
Day at work:
Observation the daily activities and performance of the agents

Follow-up all DAP (dead after purchase) replacement within 14 days since time of entry untill delivery alternative for the client

Resolve all complain case received from the entire complainant (NTRA, Consumer Protection Agency …etc.)

make communication between our company and Samsung head office

- i am learned more skill in Sky
management must be critical and make decision in the right time
enjoyed working here
Registered Nurse - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Surgical Intensive Care Unit19 October 2014
Since it is one of the best hospitals in South Korea, the work environment and benefits were at pretty high level. I liked all my managers and colleagues. Also working as a RN gave me the sense of fulfilment and achievement as I could witness improvement on my patient's health due to the care I had provided.
Productive and fun workplace
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2014
Dealing with a lot of different customers can be stressful at times, so a relaxed and good management made everyday work enjoyable. Learned a lot of technical work at the job and found the environment very supporting.
worst company culture ever
Expeditor, Ontario GREP (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 September 2014
co-workers were not allowed timeoff for sicknes, etc so those who got sick stayed at work and unfortunately passed the sickness throughout the office.

Very difficult to remain healthy in a sick environment
Pros
Cons
too many
Fun workplace
Ambassador of Samsung (Former Employee) –  1115 July 2014
Working as team is always pleasure. Compete with other teams and achieve goals.
Samsung Duties
National Account Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 July 2014
Compiling Data & Reports
Project/Contract tracking

Learned that accuracy and time management is key to the position.
Great work conditions with lot of financial help to execute project.
Youth Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario17 June 2014
Great experience , I got to work with great people and learn new things.
Pros
Networking, got to use cool technology
Challenging experience, always have company dinner.
Main Contractor (Current Employee) –  Singapore, P.O Box 129 S91480524 May 2014
Very challenging work because it is different from my previous experience, we are always go out for dinner. Still I'm looking for a company that are more advance and up to date software use in Designing.
Pros
Open communication to colleagues.
Cons
Long hours must consume.
hardworking & dedication of my work
QA/QC Assistant Hydrotest Package Reviewer (Current Employee) –  shaybah NGL Aramco Project14 March 2014
im reviewing a hydrotestpackage and im happy us a reviewer probubly to my co workers
Pros
free food & accomodation
Cons
Good activity at work place
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON31 January 2014
Looking for change . I want to explore work with new ideas outside india.
Pros
Subsidise lunch
Cons
No Foreign Trip in six years
Immense potential for career development, but poorly managed and overtly exploitative.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, B.C.16 January 2014
Responsibilities and procedures:

- To check the corporation's email messages for commands and requests.
- Access the computer for potential return items, inventory errors, quality control projects and repackaging requirements.
- Enter the warehouse storage area to check for afternoon shift worker's damaged goods and storage errors.
- Re-package damaged products where possible, receive, process and post returned goods and manage box storage and discarding of damaged appliance boxes etc.
- Assign an inventory count for an RF gun data entry and possible error detection and corrections, such as corrupted serial numbers and improperly located stock.
- Proceed with the inventory count, the expectation being to count the entire warehouse stock within a week.

Skills learned:

- A variety of clamp truck techniques for unloading, transporting and storing appliances and various high-end electronics products.
- High reach, electric pallet jack and scissor lift operating.
- RF gun usage for cycle counting, serial number investigation and receiving merchandise.
- Forklift battery maintenance methods.

Lessons learned:

- That cost-cutting methods by management, such as combining unskilled and under-experienced temporary staff with a skeleton crew of responsible experienced workers is counter productive.
- That advancement, promotion and accreditation for employees in a third party logistics environment is easily withheld or disregarded.

Interaction with co-workers:

- Very simple introduction, loading, unloading and order picking in a small warehouse with a helpful,
  more... congenial warehouse operations manager.
- The operation grew and a more contentious operations manager was hired to assist, but the original one resigned.
- More professional, intelligent and efficient clamp operators were hired and the warehouse operation continued to grow.
- As outlined above, the management style lead to the resignation of the majority of the competent machine operators.

The hardest part of the job:

- Multitasking in non-supportive conditions.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

- Working with productively-minded, respectable employees during the early stages of the companies growth.
Pros
Generally a clean friendly environment. Good start and finish times.
Cons
Too much disregard for employees needs, both individually and collectively.
Experience
Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ras Al Khair10 January 2014
I learned a lot about project management in an EPC atmosphere
Working too hard is not enough....Either work smart to fullfill our dreams...That`s our company and me..
SALES PROMOTER (Current Employee) –  SM NORTH EDSA ANNEX .QUEZON CITY8 October 2013
*To sell our products to our customer/client appropriately.
*Everyday there always a lesson to learn about our products ..The features and benefits ..And most important about selling products is the before and after sales.. Always smile either my customer not to buy my products or just to walk in for canvass..Because smiling is the first comfortable communication between me and my customer
*Always supportive when in need to accommodate our customer
*When dont have walk ins even our regular clients buy our products
*The most happy and enjoyable is when my walk in clients is becomemy regular clients buying my products....And to learn more about working too hard is not enough..Either...Work smart to fullfill my dreams...
Pros
Free meal
Cons
good work place but not alot of hours
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  toronto, on23 September 2013
Not a bad job, long hours. Work always interferes with plans
Management isnt to bad.
Co workers were always great.
productive
Fixed Asset Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Toronto -Canada6 September 2013
I consistently go out of our way to devise solutions for clients that will solve identified problems and prevent their reoccurrence.
I have trained clients to identify indicators of errors or abuse to reduce their dependence on our services.
Frenetic pace, culture challenged to adapt
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2013
Samsung is a company that is growing at a tremendous pace. Consequently, the infrastructure is challenged to adapt. The pace is extremely fast paced, and it is essentially to be able to switch gears and adjust to the crisis of the moment. I have learned the nuances of the consumer electronics business and the challenges of continuing to grow in a viciously competitive market. I have been privileged to lead a great team, and to help them grow in their career development.
Pros
free parking
Cons
extremly long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.