Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

Challenging experience, always have company dinner.
Main Contractor (Current Employee) –  Singapore, P.O Box 129 S91480524 May 2014
Very challenging work because it is different from my previous experience, we are always go out for dinner. Still I'm looking for a company that are more advance and up to date software use in Designing.
Pros
Open communication to colleagues.
Cons
Long hours must consume.
hardworking & dedication of my work
QA/QC Assistant Hydrotest Package Reviewer (Current Employee) –  shaybah NGL Aramco Project14 March 2014
im reviewing a hydrotestpackage and im happy us a reviewer probubly to my co workers
Pros
free food & accomodation
Cons
Good activity at work place
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON31 January 2014
Looking for change . I want to explore work with new ideas outside india.
Pros
Subsidise lunch
Cons
No Foreign Trip in six years
Immense potential for career development, but poorly managed and overtly exploitative.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, B.C.16 January 2014
Responsibilities and procedures:

- To check the corporation's email messages for commands and requests.
- Access the computer for potential return items, inventory errors, quality control projects and repackaging requirements.
- Enter the warehouse storage area to check for afternoon shift worker's damaged goods and storage errors.
- Re-package damaged products where possible, receive, process and post returned goods and manage box storage and discarding of damaged appliance boxes etc.
- Assign an inventory count for an RF gun data entry and possible error detection and corrections, such as corrupted serial numbers and improperly located stock.
- Proceed with the inventory count, the expectation being to count the entire warehouse stock within a week.

Skills learned:

- A variety of clamp truck techniques for unloading, transporting and storing appliances and various high-end electronics products.
- High reach, electric pallet jack and scissor lift operating.
- RF gun usage for cycle counting, serial number investigation and receiving merchandise.
- Forklift battery maintenance methods.

Lessons learned:

- That cost-cutting methods by management, such as combining unskilled and under-experienced temporary staff with a skeleton crew of responsible experienced workers is counter productive.
- That advancement, promotion and accreditation for employees in a third party logistics environment is easily withheld or disregarded.

Interaction with co-workers:

- Very simple introduction, loading, unloading and order picking in a small warehouse with a helpful,
  more... congenial warehouse operations manager.
- The operation grew and a more contentious operations manager was hired to assist, but the original one resigned.
- More professional, intelligent and efficient clamp operators were hired and the warehouse operation continued to grow.
- As outlined above, the management style lead to the resignation of the majority of the competent machine operators.

The hardest part of the job:

- Multitasking in non-supportive conditions.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

- Working with productively-minded, respectable employees during the early stages of the companies growth.
Pros
Generally a clean friendly environment. Good start and finish times.
Cons
Too much disregard for employees needs, both individually and collectively.
Experience
Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ras Al Khair10 January 2014
I learned a lot about project management in an EPC atmosphere
Working too hard is not enough....Either work smart to fullfill our dreams...That`s our company and me..
SALES PROMOTER (Current Employee) –  SM NORTH EDSA ANNEX .QUEZON CITY8 October 2013
*To sell our products to our customer/client appropriately.
*Everyday there always a lesson to learn about our products ..The features and benefits ..And most important about selling products is the before and after sales.. Always smile either my customer not to buy my products or just to walk in for canvass..Because smiling is the first comfortable communication between me and my customer
*Always supportive when in need to accommodate our customer
*When dont have walk ins even our regular clients buy our products
*The most happy and enjoyable is when my walk in clients is becomemy regular clients buying my products....And to learn more about working too hard is not enough..Either...Work smart to fullfill my dreams...
Pros
Free meal
Cons
good work place but not alot of hours
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  toronto, on23 September 2013
Not a bad job, long hours. Work always interferes with plans
Management isnt to bad.
Co workers were always great.
productive
Fixed Asset Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Toronto -Canada6 September 2013
I consistently go out of our way to devise solutions for clients that will solve identified problems and prevent their reoccurrence.
I have trained clients to identify indicators of errors or abuse to reduce their dependence on our services.
Frenetic pace, culture challenged to adapt
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2013
Samsung is a company that is growing at a tremendous pace. Consequently, the infrastructure is challenged to adapt. The pace is extremely fast paced, and it is essentially to be able to switch gears and adjust to the crisis of the moment. I have learned the nuances of the consumer electronics business and the challenges of continuing to grow in a viciously competitive market. I have been privileged to lead a great team, and to help them grow in their career development.
Pros
free parking
Cons
extremly long hours
Worked for Samsung through Mosaic Solutions
Promotional Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2013
Worked for Samsung through Mosaic Solutions

- Representative came into Mosaic to train staff on Samsung phone and products.
- High energy
- Highly supportive
productive workplace
backhoe optr/boomtruck driver (Former Employee) –  taiwan19 January 2013
work hard for asphalting,pipeline jobs,road widening,earth moving,excavation jobs
Pros
free food @ lodge
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2013
Learned a lot about consumer products from microwave ovens to plasma TVs
Learned a lot about sponsorship and events - many of which I organized and implemented
Great team
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2013
Had a lot of autonomy regarding the marketing materials I produced for the company
Multicultural team made it slightly challenging but interesting
See the Big Picture
Deputy General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2012
A fun place to work with highly skilled people working patiently towards a common goal.

Management culture is very different than Canadian culture.