Samson Engineering Inc. is a growing, innovative architectural and engineering firm with a dedicated team of professionals located in Brandon, MB.
Working within a multi discipline environment, the ideal candidate will be an Interior Designer with 3+ years Canadian experience in institutional, commercial, industrial and residential design. Experience should be in project design, construction documentation production and construction. Knowledge of building codes and specifications is a must as they will be responsible for contributing technically and documentation coordination. Who’s main duties will include development of design drawings, technical documentation, and leading project team assignments for projects which may be multiple, large, or complex in scope. Key duties include:
- Provide interior design expertise in a variety of project types including corporate interiors, commercial, education, industrial and residential
- Proficient in programming space planning, layout and specification of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget
- Manage the production of the working drawings, details, various schedules and the specifications in accordance with the agreed time schedule
- Coordinates colour and material palettes, co-ordinates and prepares working drawing contract documents, sketches, plans, details and schedules
- Evaluate and interpret client requirements to identify issues that may influence design or be affected by the building code.
- Maintains contact with clients, consultants and contractors during all project phases and conduct site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running within the agreed timelines
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from CIDA accredited Interior Design program
- Experience working with architectural design programs (AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop and Revit)
- Experience liaising with internal and external consultants including: Architectural, Structural, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical through design development and project management phases. In-depth knowledge of building code(s), building/material science, specifications and construction techniques
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to work in a team environment
- Leadership, organizational and management skills