Samson Engineering Inc. is a growing, innovative engineering and architectural firm with a dedicated team of professionals located in Brandon, MB.
We are seeking a Professional Civil/Structural Engineer
Working within a multi discipline building, the ideal candidate must be a P. Eng with 5+ years Canadian experience in institutional, commercial and industrial structural design. Experience should be in all material mediums including structural steel, reinforced concrete, reinforced masonry and wood. The successful individual will be responsible for producing designs, while adhering to engineering criteria, design standards and applicable structural codes. Key duties include:
- Prepare loading and load combinations based on the applicable codes and standards
- Complete design calculations of complex structural engineering including steel structure design, concrete structure design, steel buildings, piling and foundation design and related element design
- Review drawings and specification for construction
- Apply advanced engineering techniques and analysis approach to solving engineering tasks
- Prepare or assist in preparation of cost estimates for the Civil/Structural bids and proposal work
- Review shop drawings for structural adequacy to make sure they are completed according to structural drawings issued for construction
- Assist in organizing and maintaining departmental design guidelines
- Supervise technologist and provide engineering support
- Current registration as a P.Eng, and in good standing with a provincial or territorial association in Canada
- Experience working with engineering design programs (Autodesk programs and S-FRAME)
- Experience in the analysis and design of steel, concrete and wood structures
- The ability to carry out routine construction assignments, surveys and field work
- The ability to liaise with clients, contractors and local authorities
- Familiarity with safety codes and standards.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Leadership, organizational and management skills
Please submit your resume to the attention of Susan Hay by:
mail: 162 10th Street
Brandon, MB R7A 4E6
Thank you to all who apply but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.