SAMCO MACHINERY LIMITED
351 Passmore Ave. Toronto, Ontario M1V 3N8
About Us: Proudly Canadian, since 1972, Samco Machinery Ltd. has been a leader in custom roll forming manufacturing solutions and has grown from a one-man operation to having locations in Canada, India, Europe and South Africa. Samco is a growing company providing solutions for building/construction, automotive, HVAC and appliance industries. Our focus on getting the right people on board has contributed to our company success. We offer a team-oriented, fast-paced environment where employees can enjoy growth, opportunity and diversity.
Our workplace is a community where we foster the values of continuous learning, sharing ideas and knowledge. At Samco, our employees take pride in their contribution, their team and their company. We foster a culture of honesty and practice one simple every day rule: Attitude is everything.
Our customers have come to rely on Samco Machinery Ltd. for more than just custom roll forming solutions. We pride ourselves in taking the time to listen and truly understand their business to deliver functional solutions helping them to move their business forward.
If you enjoy an innovative work environment and thrive on delivering meaningful business contributions, then Samco Machinery Ltd. could be the right company for you.
The Role: We are currently looking for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our growing team. This position is based at our Passmore facility.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for supporting product development projects. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 8+ years of Senior Mechanical Design engineer with extensive machinery and rotating equipment design experience.
- All projects involve significant mechanical, process, electrical and controls design engineering. Individual must have strong fundamental mechanical engineering skills.
- Knowledge of material handling systems an asset.
- Hands-on proficiency in CAD. Inventor an asset.
- Ability to take part in several projects simultaneously while achieving targets.
- Strong conceptual design and ability to systematically evaluate options and provide solutions.
- Strong organizational, time management and communications skills.
- Experience with SR&ED or IRAP documentation procedures an asset.
- Able to work in close collaboration with a team.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the Roll Forming industry.
- Must be able to work overtime on occasional basis.
If you have the required skills and experience, and would like to join a growing and dynamic company, please email your resume in PDF or MS Word format with the job title in the subject line.