About Us: Proudly Canadian, since 1972, Samco Machinery Ltd. has been a leader in custom roll forming manufacturing solutions and has grown from a one-man operation to having locations in Canada, India, Europe and South Africa. Samco is a growing company providing solutions for building/construction, automotive, HVAC and appliance industries. Our focus on getting the right people on board has contributed to our company success. We offer a team-oriented, fast-paced environment where employees can enjoy growth, opportunity and diversity.
Our workplace is a community where we foster the values of continuous learning, sharing ideas and knowledge. At Samco, our employees take pride in their contribution, their team and their company. We foster a culture of honesty and practice one simple every day rule: Attitude is everything.
Our customers have come to rely on Samco Machinery Ltd. for more than just custom roll forming solutions. We pride ourselves in taking the time to listen and truly understand their business to deliver functional solutions helping them to move their business forward. If you enjoy an innovative work environment and thrive on delivering meaningful business contributions, then Samco Machinery Ltd. could be the right company for you.
The Role: We are currently looking for a Purchasing/Logistics Agent to join our growing team! This position reports to Division Leader and is based at our Passmore facility.
The Purchasing/Logistics Agent is responsible for the procurement of all materials, equipment, supplies and services necessary to support production. In addition, this position focuses on arranging the transportation of parts to customers and vendors (outside services).
- Purchase, expedite and control all materials, services and shipping (customer and Vendor) by using the Work Order Requirements, Re-Order Point Report, Material Planning Report and other reports that indicate due dates and priorities in conjunction with Production Planning.
- Diagnose and determine the most appropriate timely solution to problems. Obtain quotes as required.
- Coordinate and track shipments of goods for import and export to and from customers/vendors including completing the necessary paper work
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational programs/courses, workshops and reviewing professional publications as distributed internally.
- Maintain a positive relationship with suppliers and transportation agencies by following ethical purchasing practices, maintain competitive pricing and ensuring that suppliers are selected on the premise of Cost, Quality and Schedule.
- Maintain material inventory accuracy by performing physical inventories and cycle counting to ensure inventory accuracy and updating all material inventories in AX.
- Provides effective and timely support to customers and internal team in relation to shipping inquiries
- Ensure all required shipping and customs documentation is completed and accurate to minimize custom issues.
- Perform other written or otherwise stated instructions as designated by your manager.
- Support the systems Part Maintenance window from a purchasing perspective by ensuring all purchased items have an associated cost with them, ensure that the min/max field and order point quantities are accurately completed as required and ensure all lead times and vendor pricing are accurate.
- Work towards company goals by adhering to the company vision, mission and values
- Work under minimal supervision to achieve desired results by reviewing the current situation, implementing company initiatives for continuous improvement and addressing areas of concern as they arise.
- Bring critical issues or errors forward for resolution.
- Exchange information and knowledge on issues encountered.
- Present issues or opportunities for improvement to supervisor.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with management staff, shop workers, engineering and office staff.
- Be courteous and helpful when dealing with customers, suppliers and with co-workers.
- Contribute to team effort by working progressively in a team environment while respecting co-workers and work under ISO 9001 departmental processes and procedures
- Follow all company health and safety policies, procedures and rules, including use or wear personal protective equipment as required; ensure all protective devices are used on equipment and report any defective equipment or protective device. Must perform all pre-use inspections, lock-out procedures as required and all accident reporting
- Oversee the Health and Safety Program in area of responsibility by enforcing safety practices and disciplining employees in violation of the policies.
- Support and enforce compliance with all company rules and regulations as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Follow departmental processes required by ISO and actively participate in recommending improvements
Education, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in Shipping.
- Four Years’ experience working in Purchasing and Inventory Management with a manufacturing background.
- Blueprint reading and metallurgical skills is a major asset
- 4 years MRP systems experience using Purchasing/logistics Modules
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of company products and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Interpersonal skills to work in a team environment to achieve goals and results
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Independent, Self-directed
If you have the required skills and experience, and would like to join a growing and dynamic company, please email your resume in PDF or MS Word format with the job title in the subject line.
Samco Machinery Ltd. was established in 1972 by Joe Repovs, Chairman & CEO.
As a manufacturer of custom rollforming systems, SAMCO enjoys...