Proudly Canadian, since 1972, Samco Machinery Ltd. has been a leader in custom roll forming manufacturing solutions and has grown from a one-man operation to having locations in Canada, India, Europe and South Africa. Samco is a growing company providing solutions for building/construction, automotive, HVAC and appliance industries. Our focus on getting the right people on board has contributed to our company success. We offer a team-oriented, fast-paced environment where employees can enjoy growth, opportunity and diversity.
Our workplace is a community where we foster the values of continuous learning, sharing ideas and knowledge. At Samco, our employees take pride in their contribution, their team and their company. We foster a culture of honesty and practice one simple every day rule: Attitude is everything.
Our customers have come to rely on Samco Machinery Ltd. for more than just custom roll forming solutions. We pride ourselves in taking the time to listen and truly understand their business to deliver functional solutions helping them to move their business forward.
If you enjoy an innovative work environment and thrive on delivering meaningful business contributions, then Samco Machinery Ltd. could be the right company for you.
The Role: We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our growing team!
This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and is based at our Passmore facility.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the production equipment is being properly maintained and running at all times.
- Perform scheduled preventative and emergency maintenance on machines and other equipment. (hydraulic presses, rollform lines, stamping presses, pneumatics, basic electrical)
- Ensure that work is done to all provincial safety codes and regulations.
- Assist outside contractors to ensure that work is performed and up to Samco standards.
- Keep up preventative maintenance log book according to actual work being performed.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of equipment.
- Prepare templates and sketches, as well as determining work processes.
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as… vernier calipers, micrometers, and electronic measuring devices.
- Fit and assemble/ disassemble parts using hand tools.
- Assist, as required and available, rollset set-up on rafted mills.
- Troubleshoot press operation and set-up of prepunch, postpunch and offline stamping tools.
- Perform work related to the upkeep and upgrading of the working environment in the shop and office. (Mechanical and Electrical)
- Follow all company health and safety policies, procedures and rules, including use or wear personal protective equipment as required; ensure all protective devices are used on equipment and report any defective equipment or protective device. Must perform all pre-use inspections, lock-out procedures as required and all accident reporting.
- Contribute to team effort by working progressively in a team environment as project leader for fitter while respecting co-workers and work under ISO 9001 departmental processes and procedures, as well as Government legislated Health and Safety requirements.
- Work under minimal supervision to achieve effective results by reviewing the current situation, implementing company initiatives for continuous improvement and addressing areas of concern as they arise.
- Work toward company goals by adhering to the company vision, mission and values.
- Perform all other written or otherwise stated instructions as designated by your Supervisor.
- High school education and completion of apprenticeship program preferred. Electrical knowledge an Asset
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with the operation of a variety of presses used for stamping an asset.
- Good understanding of machines (how they are built), hydraulic and air systems as well as power supply and distribution.
- Ability to read mechanical blueprints, hydraulic diagrams, air schematics and electrical drawings.
- Ability to use basic diagnostic equipment such as : voltmeter, precision machinery level etc.
- Must have own basic tools to perform maintenance work.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be a team oriented individual.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Rollforming experience an asset.
This job posting is specifically for a fulltime contract position lasting 3-6 months. The individual will be working during the afternoon/night shift.
If you have the required skills and experience, and would like to join a growing and dynamic company, please email your resume in PDF or MS Word format with the job title in the subject line.
Samco Machinery Ltd. was established in 1972 by Joe Repovs, Chairman & CEO.
As a manufacturer of custom rollforming systems, SAMCO enjoys...