Saltmedia is a growing design and marketing consultancy that focuses on cutting edge website, internet, cloud solutions and graphics design for business.
We are looking for someone who is accountable and motivated to take a leading role in our graphic design and email marketing projects. Our successful candidate needs to love creating, learning and have strong communication skills. We believe that passion and a positive attitude reflects on all the work that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
Consult with our amazing customers
You’ll be working directly with our customers to understand their unique challenges and then deliver recommendations, solutions and designs. You will refine graphic concepts until client approval is obtained. Building strong relationships with customers is critical.
Build sweet, sweet designs and more
Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are our tools of choice, and you will need to know how to design for Print Shops, Sign Shops and Web design. We are willing to teach the right candidate Web Graphic design. You will need transportation, this position requires weekly travel to provide some onsite services such as photography, meetings and consulting. You will not be doing pure graphics, so you must be willing and comfortable learning new tasks such as basic website updates, email marking and more.
Be a key part of Team Salt
You won’t be working in a vacuum. Rather, you’ll be adding your unique talents to an enthusiastic and diverse team of individuals by working with designers, writers, developers, managers, third parties, vendors, and more. We are a young and agile company so you’ll have the unique advantage of helping influence our business strategy and decision-making by providing feedback to management and being accountable to your colleagues.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5-10 years graphic design experience
- Ability to work remotely and independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent business communication and writing skills
- Strong time management
- Thorough design software understanding and experience (Adobe, Corel, etc.)
- Basic internet, computer, and office suite software competency
- Able to handle constructive criticism as well as rejection
- Website design experience an asset
Tell us if you have
- Web design experience
- Constant Contact experience
- Maketing or brand development experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 offerings such as SharePoint Online and Exchange
Compensation and Benefits – Worth its Salt
- Competitive salary based on skills & experience
- Medical and dental benefits plan for both individuals and families
- 2 weeks paid vacation in the first year
- Flexible and autonomous work environment
- We’re local - 100% Canadian owned and operated
- We care about our community by helping with numerous local charities and non-profits
- We’re fun – We aren’t stuffy, overly business-like, or dull. We appreciate individuality.
- Be valued – We want your creative input; we admire and reward great ideas that help our team succeed
- We’re young and growing – get in early and share in our success as we plan to add profit sharing, recognition and reward programs, personal wellness/PD funding, and more.