POSITION TITLE: Warehouse Logistics Manager
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
REPORTS TO: Supply Manager
Our client, a leading manufacturer focused on warehouse management, is hiring for a Warehouse Logistics Manager in Calgary, Alberta. This position is well suited for a strong leader with warehouse experience who is comfortable in a manufacturing environment. The position requires a seasoned manager who is practiced in overseeing operations such as materials movement, shipping & receiving, and freight coordination within a fast paced and growing company. The ideal candidate is a proficient team leader who excels in task management, is practiced in team training and developing and is confident in their ability to assess current processes and innovatively develop, implement and document optimized solutions.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead logistics team and support daily priorities and tasks
- Day-to-Day department labour productivity assessment
- Process documentation, ensuring that all processes are defined and documented
- Logistics request for quotation RFQ’s for incoming raw materials and domestic customer shipments
- Daily customer service discussions with internal
- Assisting supply chain coordinators with incoming logistics, evaluation and enhancment opportunities
- Coordination of inbound shipments from suppliers
- Coordinate and provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Establish annual goals and objectives with direct reports; monitor and enhance the professional development and succession planning, of staff
- Compliance with safety requirements and ensuring that department personnel adhere to those standards
- Lead improvement freight opportunities both internally and externally
- Minimum of 5 years of warehouse management experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing or comparable environment
- Certificate or Diploma relevant to Manufacturing or Operations from an accredited Canadian Technological School or College would be an asset
- Minimum High School Graduate from a Canadian school
- Experience using Accounting systems
- Experience managing projects and personnel
- Demonstrated leadership/management ability to ensure the proper development of direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships
- Demonstrated Organizational, interpersonal, time-management and written/oral communication skills
- Strong team leadership and facilitation skills and the ability to gain consensus
- Creative problem solver – outside the box thinking, a thoughtful challenger of the status quo
- Committed to delivering results within aggressive timelines
- Strong project management skills
- Negotiation skills and experience
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Flexibility to accommodate on-call inquires and duties when required
- Industrial experience and ability to operate heavy machinery (ie. fork lift, delivery truck, overhead crane)
- Legally eligible to operate a motor vehicle (proof of clean driving abstract will be requested)
- Capable of lifting a maximum of 20kgs
COMPENSATION: Industry Average
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: ASAP
WAGE / SALARY: TBC
DURATION: Full-Time, Long Term
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Feb 15th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, an attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.