POSITION TITLE: Virtual HR Consultant
REPORTS TO: President
Salopek & Associates has an excellent opportunity for a Human Resource professional who requires the flexibility of a virtual job and is passionate about assisting organizations with challenging people issues. This Virtual HR Consultant role is a position that can be executed from the comfort of your home, offering the ability to maintain a work-life balance or generate incremental income. With Salopek’s increasing growth, this position has developed to support our HR Specialist On Call clients who are referred to Salopek through our industry partners. Receiving multiple calls a day, these clients require the support of a strong HR Generalist who has a consulting background and is familiar with employment standards, employment legislation, and effectively managing and resolving challenging people issues. The ideal candidate will partner with Salopek’s clients to offer immediate, effective and legislatively sound solutions to their HR inquires and challenges, including employee relations, disciplinary and termination processes, and recruitment practices. This dynamic and resourceful individual will be practiced in researching, accessing and interpreting employment legislation to provide clients with timely and professional advise on how to best manage their people issues.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate all client calls received through third party referral partnerships to assist with varying HR Generalist inquires and provide necessary support.
- Efficiently diagnose client issues, accessing and interpreting employment legislation pertaining to their specific location and concern.
- Support clients with professional and legislatively compliant information and advise to assist in managing their people challenges.
- Identify underlying HR policy and procedure issues and develop strategic solutions to mitigate future problems.
- Manage multiple client calls and unique issues at a time while providing professional and customized advise specific to each client’s situation.
- Address and resolve challenging and often stressful issues in a professional and composed manner.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma with a specialization in Human Resources is an asset.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- A minimum of five years in an HR Generalist role with extensive experience in employee relations, hiring procedures, termination processes and disciplinary processes.
- Strong working knowledge of provincial employment laws and practice in accessing and interpreting legislation.
- Previous experience working in a HR consulting advisory role that has supported a diverse cross section of industries and clients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills along with proven ability to exercise sound judgment with tact and discretion.
- A demonstrated ability to coach employees and managers through difficult situations and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Effective communications skills with the ability to easily develop a rapport through phone and email communications.
- Strong computer skills.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- This position may be executed from the employee’s choice of location.
- All client correspondences will be managed via phone and email.
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate 24hour response is required.
# OF POSITIONS: 2
- Eastern Canada (AB, BC, SASK, or MB)
- Western Canada (ONT, QUEBEC, or ATLANTIC PROV.)
START DATE: ASAP
WAGE / SALARY: TBC
DURATION: Contract, Hourly Work
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Feb 15th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.