POSITION TITLE: Senior HR Consultant
REPORTS TO: President
Salopek & Associates has an excellent opportunity for a Human Resource professional who requires the flexibility of a virtual job and is passionate about assisting organizations with challenging people issues. This Senior HR Consultant role can, for the most part, be executed from the comfort of your home, offering the ability to maintain a work-life balance or generate incremental income.
Salopek’s increasing growth in the Ontario market has resulted in a Senior Consultant opportunity based in Toronto. This position will support Salopek’s Ontario based clients, with focus on business development in the Toronto area. This role places an emphasis on relationship development and management, assisting Salopek in identifying and building business in the Toronto market. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be interested in working with Salopek to build the business.
Working with clients across a variety of industries, the Senior Consultant will have a strong HR Generalist background and be able to provide expert advice on policies and procedures, employment legislation, employee relations, performance management, compensation and training and development. The ideal candidate will have experience working with small to medium sized organizations and will partner with clients to provide specialized, effective and legislatively sound solutions for their challenging people issues. This dynamic and resourceful individual will be accustomed to working directly with company Owners and have a background combined of both education and experience, enabling them to understand both the business and the people sides of the organizations we work with.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with business development initiatives, identifying opportunities and following up with potential clients
- Meet with potential and current clients, managing relationships and identifying synergies and partnership opportunities
- Conduct client assessments – determine client needs and strategic support required to successfully resolve issues or assist in business growth
- Collaborate with President to develop client proposals
- Support clients in the successful implementation of HR programs by providing high quality advice in the management of HR issues
- Provide strong technical knowledge in consulting and advising company owners on business needs as it relates to people resources, while taking into consideration the client’s strategic objectives
- Efficiently diagnose client issues, accessing and interpreting employment legislation pertaining to their specific location and concern
- Support clients with professional and legislatively compliant information and advice to assist in managing their people challenges
- Identify underlying HR issues and develop strategic solutions to mitigate future problems
- Manage multiple clients and unique issues at a time while providing professional and customized advice specific to each client’s situation
- Address and resolve challenging and often stressful issues in a professional and composed manner
- Completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma with a specialization in Human Resources or Business is an asset
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation
- 15+ years in an HR Generalist role with extensive experience in employee relations, policies & procedures, compensation, employment legislation, performance management and training and development
- Strong working knowledge of provincial employment laws and practice in accessing and interpreting legislation
- Previous experience working in a HR consulting advisory role that has supported a diverse cross section of industries and clients
- Exceptional interpersonal skills along with proven ability to exercise sound judgment with tact and discretion
- A demonstrated ability to coach employees and managers through difficult situations and facilitate conflict resolution
- Experience working across diverse sectors and industries
- History of working directly with small/medium sized businesses owners
- Business background with experience managing clients and developing business within a variety of sectors
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective communications skills with the ability to easily develop a rapport in person as well as through phone and email communications
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- This position may be executed from the employee’s choice of location
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate 24hour response is required
- Ideal opportunity for professionals who enjoy the flexibility of virtual work
START DATE: As Soon As Possible
WAGE / SALARY: Based on experience
DURATION: Contract, Hourly Work
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: May 26th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.