POSITION TITLE: Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Office Administrator
Our client, a Calgary based electrical engineering and power systems provider, is looking for an experienced Receptionist to join their team. The Receptionist is responsible for greeting and directing incoming guests and callers in a professional manner making all employees and visitors feel welcome. Responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support for all departments, the Receptionist plays a key support role in ensuring seamless business operations and professional presentation of the company in communication, documentation and as the first point of contact within the company.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute all reception duties in a professional, personable and timely manor
- Answer and direct incoming calls, record and relay messages and faxes
- Greet guests in a professional and friendly manner, both on the phone and in person
- Administer contractor and visitor orientation process
- Handle and prepare all mail and courier packages
- Clerical duties such as creating file folders, data entry and daily filing
- Update company records and client/vendor contact information
- Coordinate staff training registrations, on-call schedule and travel arrangements
- Maintain an adequate inventory of kitchen and office supplies
- Provide project administration support and report production (i.e. binding, laminating)
- Coordinate catering arrangements for company luncheons
- Maintain and manage boardroom bookings and staff holidays into Outlook calendar
- General office copying and scanning, printer cartridge replacement and troubleshooting
- Typing, editing and proof reading of correspondence, documents and reports
- Assist with administrative projects for all departments on an ongoing basis
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Reception / Administrative role
- Exhibits enthusiasm and a positive, friendly attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; exceptional phone etiquette, responding promptly to requests
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to make visitors and employees feel welcome and valued
- Exceptional editing and proof reading skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Eager to take on challenges and adapt to new processes and procedures
- Experienced with postage, lamination, fax and copier machine functions
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain high levels of professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Previous experience within an industrial environment and using Epicor ERP system is considered an asset
COMPENSATION: Based on experience
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: Mid-March
POSITION TYPE / DURATION: Full Time / Long-Term
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post.listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Open until suitable candidate is found
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post.listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.