POSITION TITLE: Payroll / Human Resources Coordinator
Salopek & Associates is recruiting for a Payroll / Human Resources Coordinator on behalf of our client, a mid sized organization that provides instrumentation, control and electrical services throughout Western Canada. Reporting to the Controller, the Payroll /Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible to administer the Payroll & Benefits processes and provide Human Resources support to management and employees. This position is located in Calgary, AB.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the full-cycle Payroll function in a way that produces seamless and accurate pay outcomes.
- Lead the proactive and continual improvement of the Payroll processes.
- Accurately enter new hires and employees into the Payroll system.
- Provide payroll reporting to Finance in a timely manner.
- Submit payroll remittances accurately and in a timely basis.
- Accurately apply benefits billings to Payroll as required.
- Liaise with Benefits carrier to make upgrades and changes as required.
Human Recourses -
- Create offer letters and employment contracts for all new hires.
- Ensure all employee information is accurate, compliant with relevant legislation and appropriately assessable.
- Act as a resource for the organization as required.
- Provide assistance to Senior Human Resources personnel as required.
- High school diploma or GED is a requirement.
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Canadian Payroll Manager designation is a definite asset and will be given priority.
- Previous Payroll experience of 3-5 years is a requirement.
- Strong ability to manage a full cycle Payroll and processes is a requirement.
- Previous Benefits experience is a definite asset.
- Previous experience in working with multiple business locations is an asset.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Exceptional customer service ethic is displayed in the passion for the work.
- Employees receive timely and friendly customer service for all Payroll, Benefits and HR inquiries.
- The ability to manage in a role with multi-disciplines.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor while handling confidential issues.
- Communicate proactively across the entire organization in an effective and timely manner any changes that all employees are required to know.
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: ASAP
WAGE / SALARY: TBC
DURATION: Full Time
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resumes and cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Feb 28th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resumes and cover letter for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.