Our client is a growing entrepreneurial business with a family style atmosphere. They value work-life balance and workplace synergy, and are looking for an Office Administrator to join their team to help drive the continued success and growth of the company. They have been in business for over 30 years, and as a commercial wholesale lighting distributor, it is their goal to develop a long-term lighting distribution network of excellence while at the same time contributing to the local community and remaining socially conscious. With a focus on high quality customer service and an exceptional stakeholder experience, they operate within a framework of core values that emphasize the importance of client relationships, employee development, and articulate leadership from all members of the team.
POSITION TITLE: Office Administrator
REPORTS TO: The President
You will be responsible for providing full administrative support; encompassing a wide range of multifaceted administrative, accounting, office and operational support for this dynamic, growing lighting company.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improve the Customer experience, by anticipating, responding to and exceeding customer wants and needs.
- Manage the Companies Account Receivables and Payables.
- Provide a variety of administrative support services for the Calgary office.
- Reception Duties; including field telephone calls; arrange ‘call-backs’ and schedule appointments for Managers; and assist and direct visitors, customers and vendors in a courteous manner.
- Assist with customer and vendor transactions.
- Office Management Duties; including management and filing of correspondence, faxing, office equipment management, arranging and sorting mail and postage.
- Experienced with the Microsoft Suite of Products; including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer. Previous experience working with SAP would be preferred but is not a requirement.
- Minimum 12 years experience in an administrative capacity
- Some post secondary education (degree or diploma)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A desire to work in small to medium enterprise atmosphere
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook; as well as sound computer literacy
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS
- Adaptable, able to deal with different situations and personalities
- Takes initiative to assist when necessary
- “go get’em” attitude, creative and innovative
- Organized and proactive, good time management skills
- Assertive, self motivated and prides oneself on their relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate articulately, clearly and concisely
START DATE: ASAP
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Jill Mitchell
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: March 31st, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.