Sales Talent Agency Employee Reviews

Love coming to work every day
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
I have been working at Sales Talent Agency for almost a year and love what I do and who I get to work with. I received great mentoring from my manager and know that the owners of the company put a lot of effort to make the environment fun and rewarding. I learn a lot every day and am well recognized for my efforts. Love the career path and opportunity as well!
Pros
Presidents Club, Bagel Fridays, 2-weeks off at Christmas!
Cons
Competitive between colleagues, but that's ok!
Not your typical agency!
Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 December 2015
​I've worked for Sales Talent Agency for nearly 4 years and I couldn't be prouder to represent such a great company! I have a great amount of respect for those that I work with and I'm fortunate to call many of them friends.

The leadership team is impressive and they've created innovative programs to ensure that Sales Talent Agency has a competitive edge. An example of this is the Great Canadian Sales Competition!

My colleagues are truly passionate about sales and recruitment. We believe that we can change the recruitment landscape together and that's exactly what we're doing.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting with clients and candidates. I've had a number of my candidates crush their sales targets, receive promotions and work with me exclusively to source for their team. Helping put in place the right people to grow a team is highly rewarding!

The hardest part of my job is.. everything. I'm in a demanding and challenging role and each day I'm learning something new. We represent the very best our market has to offer and our clients expect for us to be the best as well.​
Pros
Great people, rewarding role and fantastic compensation package
Cons
Growing company and long hours
Great Place to Build a Career
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 December 2015
I started as a contract employee with Sales Talent Agency and have had the gratifying experience of seeing the company grow along with my career.

2.5 years and 3 promotions later I've found myself consistently challenged, the company constantly expanding it's impact in the business community, and the amazing group of people I work with growing by the month.

STA is a full service agency. We need to learn how to be good ambassadors for the company while still being staunch advocates for our candidates. Every day is different, but the expectation is that we are meeting top sales talent, reaching out to organizations and setting up introductions on a daily basis.

Management has been consistently ambitious, focused on innovation and quick to respond to changing client needs. On occasion we are a company that bites off a bit more than a team this size would normally be able to chew, and that can mean that certain tasks and initiatives fall off management's radar, but that is to be expected and provides good opportunity for others to step up.

One of the highlights of working for the organization are the people it has chosen to hire. Across all of the offices people are collaborative, invested and team oriented. Agencies can be competitive and underhanded places but the system, training and overall character of the team are disincentives to those sorts of things.

If you join the team you'll work a lot of hours, be expected to learn quickly and closely follow a system while you pick up the discipline of recruiting. However, by and large, working for STA is a rewarding
  more... experience.  less
Pros
Training, Career Growth, Great Client List, Mentorship, Innovative.
Cons
Lots of investment on the employee end, constant change and high expectations (either a pro or a con depending on who you are)
Collaborative work environment, meritocratic and in growth mode
Sales Talent Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 December 2015
Sales Talent Agency is focused on growth and implementing innovative strategies to change recruitment and the perception of sales as a career.
Definitely a work hard, play hard culture - very meritocratic but it's also fun & fulfilling.

As a general point, contingency recruitment as a career is not for everyone as it can be very stressful, that's not specific to STA. Unlike the big international agencies though, STA is an excellent environment to be successful in and enjoy your chosen career and ride the stress-rollercoaster that inevitably happens. As with any company in rapid growth mode, there have been some challenges particularly around new technology but these are now largely solved.

Overall, I can't imagine working with any other recruitment agency. There are regular sales competitions to win, fun & engaged work colleagues at all levels, a collaborative team spirit (unusual in agencies/very sales focused organisations) and inspiring leadership.
Amazing organization to build your sales career with!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada15 December 2015
A lot of people don't necessarily think of recruiters as sales professionals, but at STA, all of our Account Managers are true sales professionals. Each Account Manager is trained to run their "desk" as their own business; bringing in new clients as well as working through the entire recruitment process. To assure that each one of the Account Manager's succeed, we have a pretty flat organization and an open door policy to all our senior leadership team! Great mentorship!
Pros
Fast pace environment, can be very lucrative
Cons
Exciting Clients and Great Salary Potential!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2015
Sales Talent Agency only recruits for professional sales roles which is very exciting! The clients they work with are some of the most exciting companies out there.

Sales Talent Agency also offers a very fair compensation and bonus opportunities. If you keep busy with job orders you can make a lot of money!
Hard Working Group of People, Fun Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2015
STA is full of a strong group of hard-working people. It is a very innovative organization and I bet there will be some very great things to come over the next couple of years.

So far I have learned a lot and really understand why clients would pay for a search through STA. The work that is done is very thorough and timely. There is a standard of excellence in every interaction and is refreshing to see.

I came from within industry and I have to say, STA does a great job of retaining employees and it can most likely be seen as a best practice since the recruitment industry has a high level of turnover overall.

All and all I would recommend STA to a friend!
Pros
Good culture, good pay and strong employee retention
Cons
Not really a con, but depending on the person you must be willing to work very hard to see the pay off
Entrepreneurial and collaborative company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
Sales Talent Agency is a great place to work. It provides an extremely collaborative and flexible work environment with the main focus being providing a win-win situation to both the client and the candidate. The management has a great sense of direction and truly values their employees. Sales Talent Agency has a "Work hard, play hard" mentality.
Great Place to Start Your Career
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
Sales Talent Agency has a great corporate culture and fantastic co-workers. It is very hands on and the training/onboarding process is very engaging.
Hardest working agency in the business!
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
Team culture is very much a work hard/play hard environment. Very collaborative, informed and experts at what they do. Genuine interest to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates alike. Amazing network across Canada - this company practices what they preach - they know how to identify good sales people because they are all good sales people!
Pros
Uncapped income potential; opportunities to work with leaders at all levels in all industries
Cons
Long hours but worth it.
Would Highly Recommend!
Sales Talent Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
I've worked at STA for 4 years and love it here! Great culture. If you do your job you will have autonomy and a large pay cheque. Both owners really care about their employees and do their best to make everyone feel secure and good about what they are doing.
Good Work, Great People
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
Great place to work, definite room for growth. A great learning environment with an exceptionally friendly and supportive team of people. Thoroughly enjoyed my experience at STA.
Very challenging and fun environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
The environment at Sales Talent Agency is very positive overall. It's an open concept office, so it makes collaborating with team members easy. Directors and even the Co-Founders are very accessible - they're always coaching. There is a large volume of work to be done on a daily basis, but this is also a VERY positive sign. The people and culture is top-notch - work hard, play hard attitude at its best.
Pros
professional development & growth, culture, competitive salary
AMAZING Place to Work!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
Sales Talent Agency is an amazing place to work! They have fantastic training and a great leadership team. The leaders are extremely pro-active in making sure you are well-paid and happy with the company. Promotions are performance-driven, so if you hit your numbers you will succeed!

We represent some amazing clients - candidates are always shocked with the great opportunities we represent! We also have a great reputation on the market, which is a big bonus when you are a recruiter.

This is a fast-paced sales culture - work/life balance is tough at first, but once you prove yourself you have a lot more flexibility!
Pros
Great people, fun events, free coffee, etc!
Cons
Great culture, growth and professional development!
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
The management ensures a great culture, are extremely approachable and receptive to our ideas/opinions. This is not a walk in the park but you will be rewarded for your performance, work with a great team and learn a ton! Great training program and you will succeed as long as you are willing to be a sponge.
Good Place to star your career
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
Enjoyed the working environment and the people. leadership lacks direction. Good training programs and strong internal support . Would recommend to a friend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sales Talent Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8