In this role, you will work in the M & A department for one of the largest publicly-traded software conglomerates in North America. You will be in charge of researching investment opportunities (privately-owned software companies), with the goal of finding out which of these companies would make for a logical acquisition.
You will contact the President or CEO of companies that, based on your research, would be complementary acquisitions, and will lead primary discovery calls to find out more about the respective businesses, understand if they meet defined criteria, and ultimately, pitch them on the opportunity to be acquired.
You will report into the Director of M & A, and will use Salesforce.com to track your leads.
You will receive commission every time you are able to get the President or CEO of a qualified company to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). From here, the lead is passed over to senior negotiators & lawyers on the M & A team who will have more detailed conversations, and eventually complete the deal if both parties are satisfied with the terms. Note that you will receive commission on all NDAs signed -- whether the deal goes through or not.
- Some prior experience in sales is preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills and a warm phone manner
- Results-oriented and an enthusiastic, energetic self-starter
- University degree (business graduates preferred -- if you don't know what M & A means, this job is not for you)
- Basic interest in software & technology companies (if you've never heard of Oracle or Microsoft, this job is not for you)
- Must be able to collaborate and work well within a team environment
What's In it For You:
You will be paid a base salary of $35,000, and will be expected to make about $45,000 in your first year, provided you hit your targets. You will also receive standard health & insurance benefits and paid vacation. Not to mention... this job would be an outstanding resume booster for a young salesperson with interests in software & finance.
For more information and to apply, please visit the following URL: http://bit.ly/1143CP5