SAIT Employee Reviews

Leadership between business units do not cooperate.
Manager, Technical Service/Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2018
Strife between the Academic Division and Corporate Division has existed for many years. Senior Leadership has failed to address this challenge, placing employee against employee for their career opportunities.
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2017
SAIT Polytechnic has a very good reputation as an employer with extremely good benefits packages as well as competitive work environments. Working at SAIT was definitely one of the highlights in my career because of the work/life balance.
Good benefits for a price
Corporate Reporting Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2017
The best part of working at SAIT is the great benefits. Most positions start with 3 weeks vacation and 4 weeks to start for middle to upper positions. Employer paid health premiums with a health spending account. Generous flex day program and up to 10 special days off for things such as family emergencies, exam days, or other extenuating circumstances.
The price for these great benefits is that management is terrible. They do not care about their staff and will try to get as much out of you for as little as possible. As a large portion of the positions are part of the union there are certain standards, but management puts so much pressure and makes threats if you don't put in the overtime you may not be here next month. Everyone is very fake and puts on a good face for the public, but those of us in the background are getting beat on.
As a member of the finance team there are certain times of the year where timelines are very tight. Due to this, management expects you to work on the weekends and come in on holidays and make no effort to compensate or appreciate the extra work. They also beat on you for not doing good enough work, but we always have a clean audit every year from the OAG.
This is a terrible place to work - at least in finance - if you respect yourself and want to be appreciated for your hard work.
Benefits
Cons
Excellent place to work and to develop the skills necessary for advancement
English Instructor/Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
SAIT Polytechnic is one of the premier educational institutions in Canada, with an enviable reputation both at home and around the globe. Few, if any, regret showing up for work.
Excellent post secondary eduction. Very good experince .
Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
Singly developed construction health and safety management for Bachelor Degree, Construction Project Management curriculum within 3 months. Very challenging job
productive & informative
student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
very nice experience and informative attire. I Learned a lot during my study period. I gained Group experience Hands on experience, industry experience
Great place and an overall great experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
It's been a long run and I can only look back and say good things. But I am ready for a change of pace. I have learnt so much office skills from working at SAIT along side of really educated people with great people skills.
SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology)
Student (Current Employee) –  School of ICT18 July 2017
Very balanced, challenging and everything to expect in a post-secondary institution. SAIT instructors and employees are kind and supportive of students.
Great job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
It wasa great way to meet people. everyone was very friendly and the hours were good. Lots to do, so never was a chance to get bored. always keeping busy.
student
4th Class Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 June 2017
Good place to study. great lab and good teachers. Good place to study. I got 200 hours "steam time " there to practice my skill from learning 4th class power engineering course in SAIT. I met very nice instructor and class mate as well ,that was a short practice but I learned a lot from my instructor and class mate , I will never forget them.

Want to know more about SAIT?

Ask a question
Policy and Procedures
Educator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Old school thinking very little "grey" area accepted. Not forward thinking. Work life balance is hard to attain with long hours expected in many areas. Great benefits.
Pros
Lots of vacation days
Cons
Too Policy driven
workplace
Student Caller (Student Calling Program) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2017
The student calling program is an excellent place for students who want a part-time job while in school that has flexible hours. You get the opportunity to be close to SAIT on a personal level with alumni and development while making valuable connections. I highly love and recommend this career to any new students entering the school and who want the chance to meet other students outside their programs.
Pros
great environment, flexible hours
Cons
none!
Great place to get hands-on experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
I attended SAIT to get my 4th Class Power Engineering certificate.Had the opportunity to get hands-on experience on boilers, pumps and learn about valves and fittings.
Pros
experience
Cons
expensive
Productive and interesting place to work
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2017
SAIT Polytechnic is a very productive place to invest your skills. They follow professional skills and make sure that employees are taken care off at the same time.
This was a trade school not an occupation.
Junior and Senior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
Sit and take courses.
I learned the plumber/gasfitter trade
Never met the management.
Good culture a college post secondary atmosphere. guys I had classes with were good guys.
Hardest part was learning the code by memory.
Most enjoyable was the students I was with, and the on hands shop things we did.
food court
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
Fast paced job stand at a cash register and ring in items make sure items are stocked place is clean keep an eye on product an customers and assist in any needs of customers and managers alike. Every friday i would do inventory on the entire food court and assist in any other needs the managers and supervisers required.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Lay offs every couple of months
I was a student there
Student (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2017
Overall good place to be with some old-school glitches.Easy going, staff and instructors. Some of them do know English which is very sad sometimes. They can not explain what they need
Fun
Supervisor Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2017
Good friendly atmosphere,where the Manager is the most exprienced and respect the integrity of employees and take care of employees,

This organisation is good
Great work/life balance and benefits
Manager, Project and Change Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
Overall a great place to work. The organisation struggles with positive culture and collaboration. There are eight Schools and many departments. Benefits include Manulife dental and health, health spending account, and 11 flex days on top of 4 weeks vacation. Christmas and New Years is paid time off.
Pros
4 weeks holidays to start
Cons
Hard to advance your career
sait
Library Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2017
Nice Campus - easier to find buildings with new signage
People are friendly
Students are easy to get along with , nice place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2