Sait Polytechnic

Sait Polytechnic Employee Reviews

not good
conference (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2015
nothing applicable, no comments about working here. I sometimes had shifts, I sometimes did. The pay was great. It really wasn't great
Pros
money
Cons
no hours
High class Classroom
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Great class room with a great atmosphere, a place where I was very comfortable learning how to try and get into the industry I wanted.
Get place to teach and to learn
instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2015
SAIT is a great place to continue to learn while teaching. Plus it allows one to get experience in managing large groups of people.
Pros
Summers Off
Cons
Cannot take winter vacations, a typical work week is far more than 40 hours
Your not at a job your part of something bigger
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Working at SAIT is a true experience! The people are great to work with, the Executive Management team is amazing and the students that are attracted there are the best!
Practicum
Practicum (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2015
It was part of the school class to graduate. I enjoyed working and my manger was very impressed with my improvement. I mostly worked on excel file of how many vacation day had and how many they took. I was just keeping them up to date.
Best employer I've worked for in over 30 years.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  School of ConstructionJune 19, 2015
An overall positive experience. Unfortunately my contract expired and there were no further opportunities that I qualified for.
They are working at creating a positive work culture for all people and the facilities are top notch.
I'd return again if the opportunity arose.
Excellent environment, job security and team culture
OUTBOUND CALL CENTRE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
SAIT is an excellent employer that promotes a culture of respect, teamwork and self actualization.

Working at SAIT I have been able to develop my managerial, training and coaching, as well as customer service and fundraising skills.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Salary
Fun workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
The tutors are allowed to come up with their own teaching strategies and very flexible time to teach the students. Pay is very competitive and very useful job for students.
Interesting projects
Project Administrator and Student Liaison (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2015
Good place to work but no room for advancement in some departments.
Lots of new tasks every day, fairly new department so there is lack of structure and procedure.
Pros
good people
Cons
no work life balance
Excellent place to work, good pay
Accounting Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2014
opportunity to learn and earn salary at the same time, good place to make career connections
Pros
opportunity to growth
Cons
not enough work

Want to know more about Sait Polytechnic?

Ask a question
My Education Summary
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
Taking the Petroleum Land Administration course at SAIT was the best oppertuinty I have taken. Spending the last four years as a student athlete I have moved around and taken several different classes and finally I found the job that suits my abilities and exceeds my skill levels. Being a Volleyball player has taught me some amazing skills in the workplace and in the real world. I have acquired team building skills, competitve, hardworking, personable skills. All applying in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Pros
hands on day-to-day knowledge of land administration
Excellent environment
IT Tech Support/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2014
Lab cleanup, wiring, cabling, misc support duties

Learned teamwork, organization, working independently.

Management was very 'hands-off' allowing for trust and independence

Co-workers were great mentors

Enjoyed the learning opportunities during the summer position. Great advantage getting experience while still in school.
Award winning tutoring program that works.
Peer Tutor (Peer Assisted Learning Program) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 6, 2014
A great program that promotes growth and success with a very organized and practical execution.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
low pay.
pre employment course sait polytechnic
First and second year apprenticeship schooling (Former Employee) –  shop classJuly 1, 2014
I took a pre employment course for weld technician where I completed first and second year schooling

I am just waiting for test results back for my second year
Terrible Experience
Admin (Former Employee) –  calgaryJune 2, 2014
Not sure if SAIT has a quota for hiring SAIT graduates in order for them to have numbers that prove they do hire them and then in a couple of days "off-load' them due to unspecified reasons but this organization does not care about their employees and new hires. In addition to no support from management there is absolutely no direction and training involved for new hires, this is a great example of how an organization and its management sets people up for failure.
Pros
salary
Cons
management, training
Great place to work!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2014
My experience working at SAIT was the best work experience I have ever had. I don't view my role at SAIT as work - I view it as part of my career. I enjoy working at SAIT because I am pushed to my limits, by limits I mean I am given the opportunity to utilize my skills and successfully perform with the support of our management team.
Pros
my boss was very motivational, inspiring, and wise. i enjoyed the work environment and culture of our department.
Cons
other than the cold weather in alberta.
Progressive and motivating
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
An amazing place to work with no shortage of talented people. They also treat you like a human being and understand if you need support. The campus also has frequent events that you are encouraged to attend.
Pros
location, culture
Cons
some politics
Excellent environment and responsible organization
FUNDRAISING PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2014
Working for SAIT Polytechnic has been an enriching experience, they have a very strong organizational culture, and your oppinion is valued as an employee.
A relaxed work environment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2013
I was responsible in providing customer service to customers who wanted to either purchase tickets or answering questions and directing customers to available parking spots.

I learned how to handle transactions in a fast paced environment and be able to think on my feet in order to provide answers to customers.

My manager was a very relaxed individual who didn't like to stress his employees for no reason, we got along very well.

Me and all my co-workers became friends because we get to spend a lot of time with each other on the job and we got to know each other very well.

The hardest part of the job is when customers arrive late to the show and I had to sell tickets as fast as possible in order for them to be able to catch the show and not be late. Standing outside in the cold directing traffic was also one of the hardest parts of this position.

The most enjoyable part is the fact that once we get everyone into the shows, then we have couple hours break while the shows is going..we got to hang out as co-workers as well as learn something else during that free time.
Great experience and learning curve
Executive Assistant to the AVP (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 21, 2013