Sait Polytechnic Employee Review

View all Sait Polytechnic reviews

A relaxed work environment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2013
I was responsible in providing customer service to customers who wanted to either purchase tickets or answering questions and directing customers to available parking spots.

I learned how to handle transactions in a fast paced environment and be able to think on my feet in order to provide answers to customers.

My manager was a very relaxed individual who didn't like to stress his employees for no reason, we got along very well.

Me and all my co-workers became friends because we get to spend a lot of time with each other on the job and we got to know each other very well.

The hardest part of the job is when customers arrive late to the show and I had to sell tickets as fast as possible in order for them to be able to catch the show and not be late. Standing outside in the cold directing traffic was also one of the hardest parts of this position.

The most enjoyable part is the fact that once we get everyone into the shows, then we have couple hours break while the shows is going..we got to hang out as co-workers as well as learn something else during that free time.

Other Sait Polytechnic Employee Reviews

Good benefits for a price
Corporate Reporting Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2017
The best part of working at SAIT is the great benefits. Most positions start with 3 weeks vacation and 4 weeks to start for middle to upper positions. Employer paid health premiums with a health spending account. Generous flex day program and up to 10 special days off for things such as family emergencies, exam days, or other extenuating circumstances.
The price for these great benefits is that management is terrible. They do not care about their staff and will try to get as much out of you for as little as possible. As a large portion of the positions are part of the union there are certain standards, but management puts so much pressure and makes threats if you don't put in the overtime you may not be here next month. Everyone is very fake and puts on a good face for the public, but those of us in the background are getting beat on.
As a member of the finance team there are certain times of the year where timelines are very tight. Due to this, management expects you to work on the weekends and come in on holidays and make no effort to compensate or appreciate the extra work. They also beat on you for not doing good enough work, but we always have a clean audit every year from the OAG.
This is a terrible place to work - at least in finance - if you respect yourself and want to be appreciated for your hard work.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Excellent place to work and to develop the skills necessary for advancement
English Instructor/Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
SAIT Polytechnic is one of the premier educational institutions in Canada, with an enviable reputation both at home and around the globe. Few, if any, regret showing up for work.