Sait Polytechnic Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Would not recommend anyone to work here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
Pros: Gained post secondary work experience
Cons: Poor interview experience, poor mgt, poor pay
You want to make a difference? Your ideas won't be heard and your hard work will not be recognized. They say they encourage you to move around the organization but are not supportive. Internal politics. Unhealthy work environment. Manipulative and micro management. Most managers need formal management training or should not be in leadership roles. Pay is not worth the work!
Productive and fun workplace with recreational area
Instrumentation & Control Technologist Volunteer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2016
Every day is a new challenge and I discover amazing things related to the wide instrumentation area. The management is good quality and stimulating us to learn more and more with every day we work. My self and co-workers are very interested in control modeling and DCS side.The hardest part of the job is to design and configure the DCS software and we enjoy to work in the control side.
Productive and fun workplace
Management Information Systems Instructor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Excellent work place with knowledgeable co-workers and great place to work.

Salary is very good and free lunches and events and frequent employee development programs.
Excellent programs
POWER 4 ENGINEERING STEAM HOURS (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 3, 2016
Took my steam time here for my 4th Class Power Engineering. Excellent hands on training provided. I would recommend staying on campus.
Tutoring is tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Resources
Cons: Lack of hours
Came in at certain hours to help anyone that needed help. Limited hours in the week so not much was made. More so just there to help anyone that couldnt figure out how certain things were done. Nothing tough though, it was fun and a good place to be.
Focused on delivering high quality education.
Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: challenging
Cons: away from home
I have only attended a six day orientation and have not fulfilled my contract at this time.
The orientation tells me they take the role I am contracted for very seriously.
not good
conference (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: no hours
nothing applicable, no comments about working here. I sometimes had shifts, I sometimes did. The pay was great. It really wasn't great
High class Classroom
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Great class room with a great atmosphere, a place where I was very comfortable learning how to try and get into the industry I wanted.
Get place to teach and to learn
instructor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2015
Pros: Summers Off
Cons: Cannot take winter vacations, a typical work week is far more than 40 hours
SAIT is a great place to continue to learn while teaching. Plus it allows one to get experience in managing large groups of people.
Your not at a job your part of something bigger
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Working at SAIT is a true experience! The people are great to work with, the Executive Management team is amazing and the students that are attracted there are the best!
Practicum
Practicum (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2015
It was part of the school class to graduate. I enjoyed working and my manger was very impressed with my improvement. I mostly worked on excel file of how many vacation day had and how many they took. I was just keeping them up to date.
Best employer I've worked for in over 30 years.
Instructor (Former Employee), School of ConstructionJune 19, 2015
An overall positive experience. Unfortunately my contract expired and there were no further opportunities that I qualified for.
They are working at creating a positive work culture for all people and the facilities are top notch.
I'd return again if the opportunity arose.
Excellent environment, job security and team culture
OUTBOUND CALL CENTRE MANAGER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great enviroment
Cons: Salary
SAIT is an excellent employer that promotes a culture of respect, teamwork and self actualization.

Working at SAIT I have been able to develop my managerial, training and coaching, as well as customer service and fundraising skills.
Fun workplace
Tutor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
The tutors are allowed to come up with their own teaching strategies and very flexible time to teach the students. Pay is very competitive and very useful job for students.
Interesting projects
Project Administrator and Student Liaison (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: no work life balance
Good place to work but no room for advancement in some departments.
Lots of new tasks every day, fairly new department so there is lack of structure and procedure.
Excellent place to work, good pay
Accounting Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: opportunity to growth
Cons: not enough work
opportunity to learn and earn salary at the same time, good place to make career connections
My Education Summary
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
Pros: hands on day-to-day knowledge of land administration
Cons: long hours
Taking the Petroleum Land Administration course at SAIT was the best oppertuinty I have taken. Spending the last four years as a student athlete I have moved around and taken several different classes and finally I found the job that suits my abilities and exceeds my skill levels. Being a Volleyball player has taught me some amazing skills in the workplace and in the real world. I have acquired team building skills, competitve, hardworking, personable skills. All applying in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Excellent environment
IT Tech Support/Lab Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2014
Lab cleanup, wiring, cabling, misc support duties

Learned teamwork, organization, working independently.

Management was very 'hands-off' allowing for trust and independence

Co-workers were great mentors

Enjoyed the learning opportunities during the summer position. Great advantage getting experience while still in school.
Award winning tutoring program that works.
Peer Tutor (Peer Assisted Learning Program) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: low pay.
A great program that promotes growth and success with a very organized and practical execution.
pre employment course sait polytechnic
First and second year apprenticeship schooling (Former Employee), shop classJuly 1, 2014
I took a pre employment course for weld technician where I completed first and second year schooling

I am just waiting for test results back for my second year