Sait Polytechnic

Sait Polytechnic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My Education Summary
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
Pros: hands on day-to-day knowledge of land administration
Cons: long hours
Taking the Petroleum Land Administration course at SAIT was the best oppertuinty I have taken. Spending the last four years as a student athlete I have moved around and taken several different classes and finally I found the job that suits my abilities and exceeds my skill levels. Being a Volleyball player has taught me some amazing skills in the workplace – more... and in the real world. I have acquired team building skills, competitve, hardworking, personable skills. All applying in the Oil & Gas Industry. – less
Excellent environment
IT Tech Support/Lab Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2014
Lab cleanup, wiring, cabling, misc support duties

Learned teamwork, organization, working independently.

Management was very 'hands-off' allowing for trust and independence

Co-workers were great mentors

Enjoyed the learning opportunities during the summer position. Great advantage getting experience while still in school.
Award winning tutoring program that works.
Peer Tutor (Peer Assisted Learning Program) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: low pay.
A great program that promotes growth and success with a very organized and practical execution.
pre employment course sait polytechnic
First and second year apprenticeship schooling (Former Employee), shop classJuly 1, 2014
I took a pre employment course for weld technician where I completed first and second year schooling

I am just waiting for test results back for my second year
Terrible Experience
Admin (Former Employee), calgaryJune 2, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: management, training
Not sure if SAIT has a quota for hiring SAIT graduates in order for them to have numbers that prove they do hire them and then in a couple of days "off-load' them due to unspecified reasons but this organization does not care about their employees and new hires. In addition to no support from management there is absolutely no direction and training – more... involved for new hires, this is a great example of how an organization and its management sets people up for failure. – less
Great place to work!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2014
Pros: my boss was very motivational, inspiring, and wise. i enjoyed the work environment and culture of our department.
Cons: other than the cold weather in alberta.
My experience working at SAIT was the best work experience I have ever had. I don't view my role at SAIT as work - I view it as part of my career. I enjoy working at SAIT because I am pushed to my limits, by limits I mean I am given the opportunity to utilize my skills and successfully perform with the support of our management team.
Progressive and motivating
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
Pros: location, culture
Cons: some politics
An amazing place to work with no shortage of talented people. They also treat you like a human being and understand if you need support. The campus also has frequent events that you are encouraged to attend.
Excellent environment and responsible organization
FUNDRAISING PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2014
Working for SAIT Polytechnic has been an enriching experience, they have a very strong organizational culture, and your oppinion is valued as an employee.
A relaxed work environment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2013
I was responsible in providing customer service to customers who wanted to either purchase tickets or answering questions and directing customers to available parking spots.

I learned how to handle transactions in a fast paced environment and be able to think on my feet in order to provide answers to customers.

My manager was a very relaxed individual – more... who didn't like to stress his employees for no reason, we got along very well.

Me and all my co-workers became friends because we get to spend a lot of time with each other on the job and we got to know each other very well.

The hardest part of the job is when customers arrive late to the show and I had to sell tickets as fast as possible in order for them to be able to catch the show and not be late. Standing outside in the cold directing traffic was also one of the hardest parts of this position.

The most enjoyable part is the fact that once we get everyone into the shows, then we have couple hours break while the shows is going..we got to hang out as co-workers as well as learn something else during that free time. – less
Great experience and learning curve
Executive Assistant to the AVP (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 21, 2013
Invoicing
Expensing
Purchasing
Minute taking
Booking appointments/travel/car arrangements
Productive and structured environment
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2013
- fun and interactive staff
- great and optimistic work environment
- very flexible and understanding
- I love teaching peers and learning form them
A room is provided and shared by two instructors.
MLT/MLA Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: nice vacation package during summer because there are no students.
Cons: some are allowed to work at home without sending an email to the supervisor, some are not allowed to work at home especially when you let them know by e-mail, unfair practice, some instructors are not nice with respect to team work and friendliness.
It's a nice place to work. Sometimes it's really hard to balance between student retention and academic rigor. My quetsion is - how can you implement academic rigor in order to set the best quality standards among your students where in fact the weakest ones will fail and cannot retain students.

About Sait Polytechnic

SAIT Polytechnic, also known as The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology is a polytechnic institute located in Calgary, Alberta, – Read more