SAIPEM Employee Reviews

workplace culture
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
In Saipem world Safety goes always first, I have learned that without safety there is no job, nobody is willing to compromise on safety. Saipem view says that in the long run the safer you are the more efficient you are. The safer the better!
Pros
travel the world
Cons
extreme mobility
no thank you
Warehouse Administrator (Shipping & Receiving) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2017
Not a good place to work. I would never suggest to anyone to work for SAIPMEN Construction. I prefer to not feel like a number for a company I work for.
Good company
Electrical, Instr. & Control Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
Company with good potential but lack of management vision damage any opportunity to succeed. Good place for learning and see another way to handle projects.
Okay job
Civil/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2017
Good people, but the management at Saipem have not adapted well to Canada. Would advise them to seriously consider re-evaluating how they treat local employees.
Good Company
Sr. Project Manager/ Highways and Infrastructures (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada22 June 2017
The work is balanced. The environment is very healthy. The assignments are clear and reasonable. The msanagement is great. I enjoyed working with SAIPEM Canada.
Pros
Healthy Environment
Cons
Tight Schedule
Great extent of achievements and fun loving colleagues in the office and field
Electrical Design Engineer-SSAGS Project (Former Employee) –  Portharcourt4 June 2017
My first accomplishment on the job was a remarkable one. All tasks were accepted by my Departmental Head with out complaint and all my colleagues were amazed by the way I carried out the tasks. My colleagues are fun to be with because they provide me with every data i needed to be able to carry out my tasks. The tough part of the job is when it's close to deadline and my tasks are not yet accomplished and that kind of makes me stay and work overtime on my own. It's indeed a thing of joy when you design a thing and you are present at the point of installation.
good work place
DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2017
It was a good working environment, not that much pressure, i learnt a lot of things and it was a good experience, one of the best EPC company in Oil and gas sector,
good company
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2017
Good benefits, Good work-life balance
"Working in saipem canada is a very challenging one, hence a work environment every potential employee will want to experience
good
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 April 2017
good ppl... as well good environment .....tried very hard to accommodate everyone benefits ....were not the greatest learned alot good experience ....
Fun enviornment
Piping Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2017
Workplace culture was friendly, supportive and enjoyable during my
job in Saipem Canada, Hatch and SNC Lavalin Inc.
I am trying to find this type of opportunity again for my further growth.
Low stess and well organized
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
Well balanced work place well structured organized roles were very well defined personal were well placed in there roles as a senior buyer it was rewording help the junior people in there roles at Saipan
Pros
Great beneufuts
Cons
Some departments lacked experience
Exstream cold condition at the time of employment.
"B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 March 2017
Work day started at 5:00 am. day ,shuttle bus to job site Husky Oil &Gas Rerfinery .Fort Mcmurry,AB. Clock in at 7:00 am. Tool box talk about work duties for the day ,safety check potential hazards that may exsisted ,Fill out a Field risk assessment .Comence work task until 6:00 pm. clock out at 7:00 pm. shuttle back to camp .
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Cold, long hours
Giant International onshore and off shore company. A place to love and confusion.
Project Engineer & Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2017
Great place to learn and to work. A company based on highly technical, very serious on safety management. Workload challenging in the field as well a lot of fun in the corporate office. Follow up is killing. An unnecessary number of employments caused a financial burden as well as no body's job. Initial investment in short time and without proper survey as an international company in the Canadian business culture. A lot of mismanagement with the middle managers, either inexperience to work in the Canadian culture, or because of the standard. Flip flop HR department another big blow to general employees. A company is a good place for serious and knowledgeable employees.
Pros
Handsome salary and benifits. A great place to learn.
Cons
Managers must be Italian in the English language country.
It's a fun place to work.
Package Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
Saipem is a global construction company. I could get support from multiple disciplines' seniors easily. And the technical library is huge.

Company has policy for training and personal develop. Colleagues can present their expertise to others during internal seminars.

My managers worked very hard, understood me and supportive.
Good company
Bidding Group Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
The leadership and commitment to the highest standards have proven successful since 1880 and continue to drive industry leading safety, environmental and financial performance today. Imperial’s integrated business provides countless opportunities to make an impact and the possibility to explore
Very capable group of diverse people and good cooperation.
Senior / Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2017
Approaches to engineering function were varied in that there was the Italian SAIPEM engineering group which was leading / managing the work, and the local North American / Canadian engineering culture, as well as employees from Asia, Mexico, Africa, South America, etc.

This special mix of people was still successful within the Company, in communication - this was due I believe to virtually everyone being patient with each other. To the best of my knowledge, whenever I met someone new to me, to collaborate on something, I was never turned away.
A profesional EPC company
Field Planner Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 February 2017
A professional EPC company that was working well in construction SAGD plant in Fort Mcmurray. I learned many things and the team was very friendly and active.
good
Welder Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2017
working with this company is enjoyable and a nice workplace, i did learned a lot over there also met nice people, the workplace culture is fun.it was great working there.
Productive workplace, co-workers were like family
Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
Not a terrible place to work, you could go home at the end of the day feeling accomplished, great company for indenturing apprentices, the culture was very diverse which lead to some minor communication issues however for the most part things ran smoothly and safely. The hardest part of the job had to be dealing with management as they had a way of changing plans, dates, and general scope of work at the drop of a hat and applying heavy pressure to the trades in unorthodox ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was building the family like bonds with other workers and seeing them happy and healthy everyday for such a long period of time, which is uncommon in that particular industry.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
management
Good company with good benefits.
Piping Designer (PDS) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2017
-Salary is good and competitive.
-Working environment is good.
-Benefits are good.
-Work/Life Balance.
-My supervisor is approachable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIPEM. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval