SAIPEM CANADA

SAIPEM CANADA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Experience at Husky Sunrise
Husky Sunrise Site QA Mechanical Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Supplied workwear: shirts, pants, winter gear
Cons: Information was slow to get for systems in the first year
Surveillances and inspections were conducted inside of electrical substations, OTSG, transition ducts, storage tanks and various coatings and welding (structural and piping).
Overall experience was unique for the flow of information from start to fishing of the project.
Enjoyed the time on site, people I met and experience gained.
positive work culture in a camp with rotational schedule.
Quality Office Support (Former Employee), Fort McMurraayJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Free accommodation, Good place to learn new things.
Cons: none
One of the things I liked most about my last job was the culture of the company, we worked with people from different places with different cultures, and we all managed to support each other not only in work but also when someone was going through difficult situation or any support.
Great coworkers, inexperienced management.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Husky SunriseJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free work wear
Business as usually in the oil patch, with a mismanaged twist. Camp job, paid flight, good pay, Very cramped lunch trailers constantly running out of water/cups. TFW's as far as the eye can see, Low moral, and management that mismanaged the project to the point of getting kicked off site, both sites they have ever been on. Pay was always right though, and I met some great people! I think their management problems will be resolved in the future, they were on the mend before getting kicked off sunrise. too little too late though.
productive and funs and good co-worcker
PIPEFITTER APRENTICE 3 years (Former Employee), albertaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: 10 hours a day 14-7
its was a good camp and good food and they hade a store and at work its was fun good co-worker and we hade the same gold get the job done in a safe way
Dissorganized and cnfused
Yard Foreman - Logistics Department (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbJune 16, 2015
Working here was very chaotic and disorganized. I learnt that communication is key part for a company to be successful The management always changing was a hard thing do deal with, for example in the time that I was there I had seven different department leads. The only good part of working here was the fellow employees.
a place to work in the city with certain benefits
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2015
a fun workplace with a couple of benefits yet a bit bad experience on co workers and superiors,freedom to work and opportunities to improve some personal and professional skills.
Saipem
SCAFFOLDING LABOURER /APPRENTICE (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaMarch 24, 2015
At Saipem a typical day at work I would load and unload trucks with scaffolding gear, delver gear to locations on site,

I learned many things about Scaffolding, such as tools required to put up and tear down.
Project Management System Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 18, 2015
1. Management changes every time.
2. Stressful day right from Morning
3. Good to have a team. Co-workers were awesome.
4. Learning news things every single time.
Saipem husky sunrise
Millwright (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 17, 2015
Pros: nice tools
Cons: walking miles everyday
Lots of walking to get to any job on that site. They need more work trucks and closer tool crib. good job and good people to work with.
great place to work
Labour Worker (Former Employee), calgaryMarch 16, 2015
worked on the snow removal team as a lead hand where i assisted in the various stages of the snow removal as well as delegated tasks
i was transferred to site wide services crew
pumping water off site
tending to/ replacing frost fighters and light plants
inspecting and doing maintenance on wash cars
placing and moving modular trailers
emptying site garbage's
spotting water vac trucks
dispensing waster as needed around site
performing various maintenance tasks in offices as needed
using various pumps/power tools and vehicles to execute tasks
performed civil duties around site
Poor Communication = Poor Culture
Document Controller (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Complete lack of transparency, no effort on follow up or open communication, very "reactive" and "Do as I say" management style as opposed to being proactive & providing reasoning or logic for process.
the job was very productive
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABMarch 7, 2015
Pros: lots of pros the great hours great people to work beside
Cons: there were no cons with this job that i can think of
we would set a goaled date to finish a job and if we needed to stay late to complete we would do that everyone worked safe and helpful in showing how things are done the hardest part of the job was if there was no job to be done we would just clean up which is no fun but has to be done what i have learned from this job was how to cut and shape a pice of pipe to fit as a show or dummyleg on a other pipe system learned alot about pump systems heating systems how to read blue prints what the height was what was needed before getting to the task at hand the most enjoyable part of the job i would have to say would be after finishing a big job and standing back and looking at what myself and the team have done knowing itll be there for a long time just taking pride in the work ive done on any job with this trade would be the most enjoyable part
Internal systems and the organization
Project Management System Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2015
1.The tools which we use here in this company is more organised and productive.
2. The safest plays a key role in this company.
3. Training is also one of the biggest thing which always helps the employers to learn more.
Productive,Flexible and initiative
Instrument Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Attends all field operations, following the progress of all engineering and construction; all while managing any resources.
Interfaces with other project specialists, designers, I/O check and turnover teams to ensure contract deliverables are supplied on schedule, and ensure turnover acceptance by the client through a receipt outlining Mechanical Completion, Transfer of Control, Care, and Custody from the client.
Friendly environment
Welder apprentice (Current Employee), CNRL horizonJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: flights, meals, camp accomadations, overtime, wage, benefits
Cons: harsh climate, remote site, food was sub par at times
Some difficulty working with temporary foreign workers as there is a communication barrier, although some do try very hard to overcome it. Lack of proper tools make it difficult to complete tasks, but not impossible. Great people to work with, some of the most responsible management personnel I have ever had the pleasure of working with, although like every other work place, there are individuals who make it more difficult then it needs to be. As a new comer to the oil patch, I was welcomed very warmly, and found that everyone was more then helpful in my orientation, and that the company was very good for the progression of my career. I would recommend them as an employer when oil prices recover, which is why I rated job security low as it is completely dependent on a fluctuating market.
Nice Company
Senior Project Buyer (Current Employee), EdmontonJanuary 11, 2015
Nice Company
Management is good

A reputable company with good brand
Italian Company
Equipment operator (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: easy work, good pay
Cons: poor management
if you get passed all the late payments and screwing around with your scheduale. its not a bad place to work.
not impressive
crane operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good salary
the management is low caliber. they're respect for workers is very low. advancement is foreigners. as a Canadian i never felt at home or at ease with this company. i will never return
Its a good place to work.
First Year Apprentice Welder/Welders Helper (Current Employee), Fort MckaySeptember 4, 2014
We start our day with a daily safety meeting. Then I would see what welder i would be working with for the day. Then we have our morning streches. I would get the rods and grinding discs for the day I also bring the rod oven . when we got to the area we would be working i would start up the welding machine, and string out the cables. If it was winter i would use the tiger torch and take out all the moisture. When the pipe was heated enough when the pipe was set up i would run the heat for the root pass. After the welder was done i would grind out the slack from the edges and i would make it consistant in the middle.Then the welder would start the hot pass. When he was done that i would take the buffer and clean off the slag. then the welder would do the cap and the weld would be done.
A perfect environment to grow in
Field Civil/Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 3, 2014
An established organization which credits the employees and appreciates efforts.
Developed my career to a reasonable extent, making me feel competent in any other environment.