SAIPEM CANADA

SAIPEM CANADA Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Project Management System Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 18, 2015
1. Management changes every time.
2. Stressful day right from Morning
3. Good to have a team. Co-workers were awesome.
4. Learning news things every single time.
Saipem husky sunrise
Millwright (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 17, 2015
Pros: nice tools
Cons: walking miles everyday
Lots of walking to get to any job on that site. They need more work trucks and closer tool crib. good job and good people to work with.
great place to work
Labour Worker (Former Employee), calgaryMarch 16, 2015
worked on the snow removal team as a lead hand where i assisted in the various stages of the snow removal as well as delegated tasks
i was transferred to site wide services crew
pumping water off site
tending to/ replacing frost fighters and light plants
inspecting and doing maintenance on wash cars
placing and moving modular trailers
emptying site garbage's
spotting water vac trucks
dispensing waster as needed around site
performing various maintenance tasks in offices as needed
using various pumps/power tools and vehicles to execute tasks
performed civil duties around site
Poor Communication = Poor Culture
Document Controller (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Complete lack of transparency, no effort on follow up or open communication, very "reactive" and "Do as I say" management style as opposed to being proactive & providing reasoning or logic for process.
the job was very productive
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABMarch 7, 2015
Pros: lots of pros the great hours great people to work beside
Cons: there were no cons with this job that i can think of
we would set a goaled date to finish a job and if we needed to stay late to complete we would do that everyone worked safe and helpful in showing how things are done the hardest part of the job was if there was no job to be done we would just clean up which is no fun but has to be done what i have learned from this job was how to cut and shape a pice of pipe to fit as a show or dummyleg on a other pipe system learned alot about pump systems heating systems how to read blue prints what the height was what was needed before getting to the task at hand the most enjoyable part of the job i would have to say would be after finishing a big job and standing back and looking at what myself and the team have done knowing itll be there for a long time just taking pride in the work ive done on any job with this trade would be the most enjoyable part
Internal systems and the organization
Project Management System Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2015
1.The tools which we use here in this company is more organised and productive.
2. The safest plays a key role in this company.
3. Training is also one of the biggest thing which always helps the employers to learn more.
Productive,Flexible and initiative
Instrument Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Attends all field operations, following the progress of all engineering and construction; all while managing any resources.
Interfaces with other project specialists, designers, I/O check and turnover teams to ensure contract deliverables are supplied on schedule, and ensure turnover acceptance by the client through a receipt outlining Mechanical Completion, Transfer of Control, Care, and Custody from the client.
Friendly environment
Welder apprentice (Current Employee), CNRL horizonJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: flights, meals, camp accomadations, overtime, wage, benefits
Cons: harsh climate, remote site, food was sub par at times
Some difficulty working with temporary foreign workers as there is a communication barrier, although some do try very hard to overcome it. Lack of proper tools make it difficult to complete tasks, but not impossible. Great people to work with, some of the most responsible management personnel I have ever had the pleasure of working with, although like every other work place, there are individuals who make it more difficult then it needs to be. As a new comer to the oil patch, I was welcomed very warmly, and found that everyone was more then helpful in my orientation, and that the company was very good for the progression of my career. I would recommend them as an employer when oil prices recover, which is why I rated job security low as it is completely dependent on a fluctuating market.
Nice Company
Senior Project Buyer (Current Employee), EdmontonJanuary 11, 2015
Nice Company
Management is good

A reputable company with good brand
Italian Company
Equipment operator (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: easy work, good pay
Cons: poor management
if you get passed all the late payments and screwing around with your scheduale. its not a bad place to work.
not impressive
crane operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good salary
the management is low caliber. they're respect for workers is very low. advancement is foreigners. as a Canadian i never felt at home or at ease with this company. i will never return
Its a good place to work.
First Year Apprentice Welder/Welders Helper (Current Employee), Fort MckaySeptember 4, 2014
We start our day with a daily safety meeting. Then I would see what welder i would be working with for the day. Then we have our morning streches. I would get the rods and grinding discs for the day I also bring the rod oven . when we got to the area we would be working i would start up the welding machine, and string out the cables. If it was winter i would use the tiger torch and take out all the moisture. When the pipe was heated enough when the pipe was set up i would run the heat for the root pass. After the welder was done i would grind out the slack from the edges and i would make it consistant in the middle.Then the welder would start the hot pass. When he was done that i would take the buffer and clean off the slag. then the welder would do the cap and the weld would be done.
A perfect environment to grow in
Field Civil/Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 3, 2014
An established organization which credits the employees and appreciates efforts.
Developed my career to a reasonable extent, making me feel competent in any other environment.
I gained great Document Control Skills
Document Controller - F/T Perm. ** Laid-Off** (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2014
I gained knowledge of their In-House Software. Please see Resume for my Skill Set.
productive
Building/Architectural Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2014
Pros: respecting
Cons: enjoying working
hard working and enjoy team working.
coordinating with other department,
resolving all comments from client,
LOTS OF WORK for TFW'S
pipefitter (Former Employee), fort macApril 18, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: discrimination against canadians
The foremen are foreign, non red seal. Supervision is a joke. 2 foremen to 40 guys. If you are Canadian dont expect to fit pipe. 3yd year to journeymen Canadians are given labourer jobs throughout the site. While 1st and 2nd year temporary foreign workers do all the fitting. Stay away unless your looking for a quick pay check .
learned lots here
Pipe fitter (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 1, 2014
Pros: off work earlier than other sites and a jump hour
Cons: limited awps
It was a decent place to work, when we finally got the materials and resources to do the work we were able to do well. The crews worked well together so the days went by fast. The hardest part of the job was having the language barrier with the client.
• working in Scheduling, or equivalent Project Management experience
PLANNER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
planner
• Prepare or assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of project schedules using Primavera P6
• Analyze schedule variances and recommend corrective actions
• Report project progress to Project Manager for review
• Ensure that relevant schedule management procedures and reporting requirements are used
• Assist with setting up, tracking and analysis of engineering work-hours
• Work with Project Coordinators and Client’s designated staff
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management
• Assist with the preparation of project Earned Value Reports
• Assist with the creation and review of tools and templates for the company
• Build positive and effective working relations
Good Company to work for with a few problems.
Hydrotest Inspector (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 20, 2014
Saipem is a solid company to work for. As an employee you are well looked after with regards to equipment and tools. Some issues with HR and Travel booking.
Chalenges
journeyman crane operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: jump hour
Cons: -
Management are going threw major growing pains.
Its hard to move forward unless you know some one.
Co-workers are old friends I have worked with .