Saint Mary's University Employee Reviews

Great Student Positions
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 April 2017
I have done multiple jobs while at Saint Mary's. The pay is great and everyone I have worked with is easy to approach. Since these were campus jobs, staff was always understanding when exams and papers started getting heavy. Would suggest a job through Saint Mary's to any current students.
Flexible and fun work environment
Depart. of Finance and Management Science (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 March 2017
I absolutely enjoyed my time as a teaching and research assistant. The professors that I got to work with were always helpful and it gave me a lot of flexibility to manage my studies while earning some money.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no career advancement in this position
Fun workplace while helping students with their studies
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 January 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to students and help them develop lab skills and chemistry experience. You did not however get any say in who you were a teaching assistant for, just which days worked for you.
Pros
Talking to people
work from home
STUDENT MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 January 2017
I was working online and submitted my reports to my program cordinator. Saint Mary University is one of the renowned university in Atlantic Canada and I am so honored to be working as an intern here.
Pros
Working online. No office hours
Cons
Limited scope
It was a good place to work
RESIDENCE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 January 2017
During my work duration I was pretty much satisfied with everything that I used to learn from there. Everyday I used to meet new people with different thinking that helped me gain my experience. The hardest part of my job would be settling a fight. The ambience at my work place was great as all my co-workers were fun.
Pros
Paid breaks, hours as per requirement
Cons
busy hours
Productive and Fun workplace
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
The ability to learn something new everyday.
Hours are good.
Co-workers are friendly. Job requires being very interactive with people. Have really good social skills
Volunteering
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2016
At this job I learned how to manage a large group of people at a time and also learned how to organize events and arrange logistics for that specific event.
Very convenient position
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 September 2016
Working at Saint Mary's while attending school there was very convenient. They worked around my schedule, and I was able to experience different events.
Great Company
Cultural Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 August 2016
Great company to work with, great CEO and great environment. Pay is also good too. Friendly environment, clean and safe workplace
student assistant
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 June 2016
It's a good job for student with no working experience, especially for international students to practice english and develop social skills.
Pros
improve communication
Cons
only for part-time job except summer
Not a bad job but
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax N.S.9 May 2016
The pay was small for how much work needed to be done. In order to do the job properly, I ended up working more hours and not getting paid for them. I will not be a teaching assistant again.
Relaxed environment
Student Security Co-Head (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 April 2016
Pretty good job, stable hours through the school year but sparse in summer. Logical and everyone is understanding about school work coming before shifts.
Pros
very good for school coming first
Cons
Sparse hours in summer
Flexible timings and friendly culture
Bright space migration & maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 April 2016
The work culture is very friendly and professional. All the coworkers are so dedicated towards their work and helpful, especially if we are new to the work. Being a part time worker, the timings for me to work there are so flrxible.
Productive and Fun work enviornment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 April 2016
Great coworkers. My days here are quite busy between students and my day to day duties.

It is a very comfortable work environment.
Flexible and positive work environment
Teaching Assistant/Proctor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 April 2016
Very flexible work hours as a teaching assistant, some weeks will be busier than others but you have a clear idea of what weeks will be busier ahead of time based on the course syllabus. Responsibilities vary depending on what course and what professor you're assigned to, however no course will exceed roughly 4 hours of work per week. A great work environment!
University with opportunity
Ask a SMUdent Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 March 2016
Many jobs available to students at SMU who know where to look. Keep an eye on online posting on the school site, and look for specific dates for department specific postings.
Productive, fun, relaxed environment
SAGA Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2016
A great place to volunteer and meet new people! I enjoy the activities we have to do to incease international awareness and further the 'unity' agenda.
Pros
great experiences
Cons
too much time between events
productive and fun place.
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 January 2016
I learned how to manage my time properly and finish marking the tests before the due date. My co-workers were pretty good with me. the hardest part of the job was giving the student a mark, whereas the enjoyable part was marking/done marking the test.
Very professional environment with a family feel!
EQUIPMENT MANAGER, Men's Hockey (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 October 2015
I have worked and volunteered here for several years. My primary job is in the Canadian Armed Forces as a Sonar Operator. I was injured in 2009 and needed surgery. I looked for something to pass the time and started as a photographer/ Equipment manager with a local Junior A team. After 5 years with that team I moved over to Saint Marys on request from that organization to clean up the "back room". I can honestly say I would do it again. I normally work 40-50 hrs aside from from my primary job. I order equipment and manage the dressing room and bench duties for all home and away games. I do all the maintenence on equipment from sewing to sharpening skates and even developing new protective gear for players. It is not unusual to spend 12-14 hours a day on weekends at the rink. Definately the most enjoyable part of the game is being at the rink and being a part of a team environment. Interaction with the players and fans is amongst the most enjoyable. One of the hardest parts would be as players leave and season ends. At our level of play in the University level, that final game of the season for some players will be their last at a competitive level.
It's a good experience working for Saint Mary's University.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 September 2015
I worked as teaching assistants for Saint Mary's University. Through that time I learnt how to colaborate with each other and be a hard worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Mary's University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3