Saint Elizabeth

Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews

Not what was offered
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Haldimand, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Was hired as a Home Support Worker and was promised at least 20-30 hours a week, and got 9-15 if I was lucky. Not paid for mileage, and sometimes logistically impossible shifts and the coordinator's have a high opinion of themselves and usually wont help you solve logistical problems. If there was nothing scheduled for me on a day I said I could work, I still had to be available all day in case I was needed, with no compensation for this. I felt very mislead after taking the job as it was nothing like I was told it would be, the others hired at the same time felt the same. Complaints were ignored in favor of the coordinator. Very low pay for hard work and wear and tear on your car.
Co-workers were wonderful the actual work was fun, it is a very poorly managed company and I lost most of my savings after working there for 6 months.
Pros
Co-workers and patients
Cons
Hours, low pay, wear and tear on your car, on call all the time
Always Work In team
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
While working with Saint Elizabeth I really experienced to work in a team. The place where I am working is really a very busy site. And most of our clients are dependent for their daily needs. But our Saint Elizabeth team workers are really understandable and hard working employees. They are always ready to help each other as well as to their clients. I am feeling proud to say that I am the member of this team.
all in all, not a bad place to work
rn nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
The culture is very positive, and supportive for the most part. The pay is far less than you can find in other community based organizations but there is a pension plan which helps. Depending on the region, the ability to advance varies. In some regions staff are encouraged to seek advancement, while in others, there seems to be a preference to look outside the organization.
Pros
supportive colleagues
Cons
low wages
Great for advancing skills Not much else
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 28, 2015
Been with the company for over a year. They really are great at training you for things normally above an RPN scope. I love the people i work with, we support each other immensely.
NO work life balance. Want you to be on call always and forever and on call is not paid. If your working 8-4 and your done by 1300 your still on call 2.5hrs later and can be forced to go back out.
Salary and km should be higher because we can no longer claim anything significant on taxes for our cars
Not much advancement
Like my current boss. Ive has her 3 times in less than a year. We cannot keep management because their hours and crazy and debilitating. I've gone through 5 managers in 1 yr.
Pros
Lots of Training
Cons
NO LIFE
Working permanent shift is a plus.
RPN (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 24, 2015
A lot of favouritism. No dedication to long standing employees. They don't care if you get hours to work but expect you to be available.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
No guarantee of hours, seniority means nothing. Staff Association is a joke.
THE LEVELS OF STRESS AND THE LOW RESOURCES ALONG WITH THE LOW PAY MAKES THIS JOB HORRIBLE
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2015
MANAGMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES. ALWAYS UNDERSTAFF. NOT ENOUGH PSW'S OR NURSES. LOW PAY FOR THE LEVELS OF STRESS YOU EXPERIENCE, CO-WORKERS ARE NICE. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. IF YOU WORK AN 8 HR SHIFT, YOU ENDED UP STAYING LONGER WHICH YOU DONT GET PAID FOR. (THEY CALL IT COMP TIME) WHICH YOU CANT NEVER USE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH COORDINATORS.
Pros
NICE CO-WORKERS
Cons
LOW PAY, VERY STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT, NOT ENOUGH TRAINING OR TOOLS, NO MOTIVATION TO EMPLOYEES.
Very disappointed! Too bad, would have been a nice opportunity had they been able to provide the hours in which I was hired for.
personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONOctober 28, 2015
Great mission statement. Unfortunately, when hired on as full time, I passed up other job opportunities as I sat and waited for calls to come in, and they never did. It's too bad but they do not have the clientele in the Cornwall area right now to offer anyone full time hrs. I kept getting asked to go out of town for 1 hour here and there. Very disappointed! Sorry Saint Elizabeth, but I wouldn't want anyone else to pass up employment as it is hard enough to find in Cornwall.
Pros
Nice managment
Cons
Could pay more. All opportunities from surrounding regions are being buzzed to your blackberry, so it's constantly going off. If you don't jump on it, you lose the hours (that is if you haven't established a set schedule), which could take a while.
Fabulous company to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 4, 2015
I worked in London branch and loved all of the ladies that truly worked as a team to get everyone looked after. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioOctober 1, 2015
I work in a team orientated environment; in my position the duties change each day to match the demand for service. It’s a great learning atmosphere on many fronts and there is never a dull moment from the start to the finish. Having to work with multiple types of customers, to be a team player, adapting constantly to changes, and being customer focus are keys to achieving success day-to-day. Management is the teams’ greatest asset. They are there for the team and are very in touch with what goes on. This job is team based so it’s very important that we function well together and we do it effortlessly. The hardest part of this job for me is the amount of details that is needed to get the job done satisfactory. Conversely, one of the best parts of the job is the challenges of leaning the details of the job so that I can give the best service to our clients, which at the end of the day makes it worth it all.
Pros
Friendly and supportive colleagues
Cons
Salary is not compatible
I love it
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa ValleySeptember 30, 2015
I love working with Saint Elizabeth. They are all very pleasant to talk to and they make every effort to give you permanent clients. I enjoy the clients I work with and working inside the community so clients can remain in their homes. Saint Elizabeth is a great organization with some growing pains that a lot of companies have. They are doing their best for us as employees and for the clients that we have. I highly recommend Saint Elizabeth to my friends and fellow personal support workers.
Enjoying different types of experience with each client , not boring, travel a lot, not hard
Psw (Current Employee) –  London,onSeptember 29, 2015
I really enjoy the freedom of work place and meeting different types of clients. Good management.
Sometimes I have to travel more than usual scheduled days. Payment for gas is not good.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Visit cancellations
skill training is very competitive
PSW (Current Employee) –  Windsor ONSeptember 29, 2015
enjoyed orientation. Helpful to have the tablets. communication is great! Need more hours but that will come with time. Clientele is good.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
not enough hours
Love my job
PSW (Current Employee) –  London On.September 28, 2015
I enjoy my job and enjoy Saint Elizabeth, they have been good to me and seem fair enough. Been getting enough hours and do like doing my work and knowing that i'm helpful to people, clients and employers. Looking forward to the future here.
Pros
flexible with hours and days
Cons
pay could be better
Loyal Employee but a bumpy road
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 20, 2015
The supervisors and trainers will make sure you are able to do a skill and once they have confidence you are able to do so safely and effectively they back you 100%. It can be difficult working with the other nurses as sometimes the competition for positions and hours is fierce. The best way to handle this is to show others that helping one another is the best most productive way and that everything will get done in time. It is easy to feel overwhelmed. It is also easy to find good teammates that will look out for one another.
Pros
Great Clientelle
Cons
Low Pay
Wage is Awful.. Benefits are not worthy. Alot of out of pocket money ..Management demanding..be ready to give Free min.utes of work to this Company..
PSW (Current Employee) –  LondonSeptember 10, 2015
You give alot of Free minutes to Company over the week alot of time you aren't paid for , dancing you have home internet , printer ,ink ,paper ,hydro.. All out of pocket monies , wage is low, very demanding , the sign in ,sign out tablet system never works right always checking messages and correcting hours worked, office staff for most part unfriendly , It gets costly working for this Company , wage and benefits not worthy . Alot of your time doing online required lesson and start up ..And you pay 3.00 for perks per pay , then pay again for Xmas party ,trips etc
Pros
Relocate anywhere if a posting is up
Cons
Wage, benefits awful
A good place to start a career
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 31, 2015
A good company, but has some human resources problems. They tend to hire personal support workers without regard to their personalities or passion for people. Work is normally done alone, but partnered shifts can be either very enjoyable or hellish (depending on the partner you are assigned).
Pros
Good supervisors, lots of interpersonal work, materials for work are always provided
Cons
Jealousy among staff at times, management changes
most stressful place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  edmontonJuly 26, 2015
Unprofessional and very unorganized they pay you as a companion when they tell you its for a health care aide highest pay maybe to them 12.50 as a companion and 15 as a hca that's a joke friendly staff but not honest at all management is a joke would not recommend this company to anyone....
The worst!!!
nurse (Former Employee) –  barrieMay 28, 2015
Pay is less than new grad and multitudes of redundant paperwork. Closed minded management and over abundant office staff. At least 3 office workers per nurse in the community or clinic. Absolutely no effective communication. They like to be seen as a non profit organization - this means they spend loads of tax payer dollars on an abundance of clerical positions and very little on the actual client. A true shame. Overall the staff are great...just caught in an awful framework.
Pros
clients and staff
Cons
Pay. .communication...management
all that and no actual job
RN (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2015
Jumped through every hoop, checks, testing, skills and in the end no hours and no work. Hard to get anyone to answer calls or email. If you don't meet a particular requirement, you will be required to access or acquire that thing or certificate at your own cost before you start, then there's no work, so...no pay, either.
Well trained employees, up to date, professional
Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 27, 2015
This is an agency so therefore my days vary very much, on my last employment, i was permanently linked with Algorithm pharma as a clinical technician, however due to a contract with the agency i could not be hired by the company.

my days vary from verifying volunteers (people who are willing to test new drugs before they could be approved), make sure the persons signature matches with the original record, calling volunteers and doing vital signs, blood processing.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of stability