Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews

Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 November 2016
Great place to work with good people. Typical office admin work with call center vibe. Management is great and they do acknowledge the workers. The only downside is the compensation does not match the responsibilities given. Lowest pay compared to competitors but the relaxed environment makes up for it.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Unprofessional
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 June 2016
The company is not professional.
They look for someone who can work for 3-5 people and expect to pay a junior salary for this. Expectations how much work is required to complete the project are completely unrealistic.
Twist their own contract commitments - be very cautious before signing anything with them, better ask to include what you want into the contract.
Cons
pay well below market, unrealistic expectations
Worst company ive ever worked for
Psw (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, ON17 March 2016
Worst company ive ever worked for ! Terrible management no support within the team definitely not team players. Logistics are far from par, unfulfilled promises such as full time hours this company definitely uses support workers and when you are no longer needed you are simply a number upon their payroll. Long hours when you do receive assignments with no scheduled breaks no travel time and no milage compensation.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Long hours no travel time no scheduled breaks no milage compensation
Great for advancing skills Not much else
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 November 2015
Been with the company for over a year. They really are great at training you for things normally above an RPN scope. I love the people i work with, we support each other immensely.
NO work life balance. Want you to be on call always and forever and on call is not paid. If your working 8-4 and your done by 1300 your still on call 2.5hrs later and can be forced to go back out.
Salary and km should be higher because we can no longer claim anything significant on taxes for our cars
Not much advancement
Like my current boss. Ive has her 3 times in less than a year. We cannot keep management because their hours and crazy and debilitating. I've gone through 5 managers in 1 yr.
Pros
Lots of Training
Cons
NO LIFE
Not what was offered
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Haldimand, ON8 January 2016
Was hired as a Home Support Worker and was promised at least 20-30 hours a week, and got 9-15 if I was lucky. Not paid for mileage, and sometimes logistically impossible shifts and the coordinator's have a high opinion of themselves and usually wont help you solve logistical problems. If there was nothing scheduled for me on a day I said I could work, I still had to be available all day in case I was needed, with no compensation for this. I felt very mislead after taking the job as it was nothing like I was told it would be, the others hired at the same time felt the same. Complaints were ignored in favor of the coordinator. Very low pay for hard work and wear and tear on your car.
Co-workers were wonderful the actual work was fun, it is a very poorly managed company and I lost most of my savings after working there for 6 months.
Pros
Co-workers and patients
Cons
Hours, low pay, wear and tear on your car, on call all the time
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario1 October 2015
I work in a team orientated environment; in my position the duties change each day to match the demand for service. It’s a great learning atmosphere on many fronts and there is never a dull moment from the start to the finish. Having to work with multiple types of customers, to be a team player, adapting constantly to changes, and being customer focus are keys to achieving success day-to-day. Management is the teams’ greatest asset. They are there for the team and are very in touch with what goes on. This job is team based so it’s very important that we function well together and we do it effortlessly. The hardest part of this job for me is the amount of details that is needed to get the job done satisfactory. Conversely, one of the best parts of the job is the challenges of leaning the details of the job so that I can give the best service to our clients, which at the end of the day makes it worth it all.
Pros
Friendly and supportive colleagues
Cons
Salary is not compatible
Wage is Awful.. Benefits are not worthy. Alot of out of pocket money ..Management demanding..be ready to give Free min.utes of work to this Company..
PSW (Current Employee) –  London10 September 2015
You give alot of Free minutes to Company over the week alot of time you aren't paid for , dancing you have home internet , printer ,ink ,paper ,hydro.. All out of pocket monies , wage is low, very demanding , the sign in ,sign out tablet system never works right always checking messages and correcting hours worked, office staff for most part unfriendly , It gets costly working for this Company , wage and benefits not worthy . Alot of your time doing online required lesson and start up ..And you pay 3.00 for perks per pay , then pay again for Xmas party ,trips etc
Pros
Relocate anywhere if a posting is up
Cons
Wage, benefits awful
They do not take care of their employees
PSW (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 March 2016
I would be lucky to even get 5 hours a day. the coordinators think way to highly of themselves and don't even try to understand what you're going through. As a male psw I understand that not a lot of people want to be seen by a man but when a client is being very inappropriate and you try to explain the situation to your supervisor they will tell you to deal with it and send you right back to be humiliated by the same people who talked down to you in the first place! Steer clear of this company and find a different employer because they will lie to you during the interview and betray you after you get the job! You've been warned
Take your chances elsewhere
Student (Former Employee) –  BC29 June 2016
Absolutely better off elsewhere. The management is terrible and the stability is non existent. They are a pop up and won't be around long
Overworked
Team Lead LPN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2016
Not supported by management Understaffed.
Fortunately wonderful co workers that get job done as a team. The residents and facility are wonderful
Pros
Staff
Cons
Resources
Great place to work!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 July 2016
The clients are very nice and you feel appreciated. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and getting to help them.
Cons
Using gas and mileage on car
all in all, not a bad place to work
rn nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
The culture is very positive, and supportive for the most part. The pay is far less than you can find in other community based organizations but there is a pension plan which helps. Depending on the region, the ability to advance varies. In some regions staff are encouraged to seek advancement, while in others, there seems to be a preference to look outside the organization.
Pros
supportive colleagues
Cons
low wages
Rewarding work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2016
I found this work to be very rewarding, I worked in palliative care and knowing that I could make one person feel better for one day or even one week, made me happy.
Friendly
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2016
Visit clients in their home to manage care.most of the clients need wound care. building relationship with client is the valuable parts of this job.
Horrible organization, poor management
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Markham30 March 2016
This place is not professional at all. When I was hired, I barely had any communication with my supervisors because 4 of them quit after each other. You would receive so many emails for staffing needs but not a thing supervisors. The supervisor I did get to know as very kind and helpful but was clearly burnout.

One of my co-workers in the office says its a zoo in there, and everyone is preoccupied with just covering their own butts, so no one take accountability or blame the front line.

If they weren't so busy putting out scheduling fires, they could supporting us at the front line where it's needed.

In fact, I learned my lesson trying to help them... They ask, you want to help, then you do then they take advantage of you and overbook when you said I can help with one client! Some coordinators even avoid you or schedule you less if you don't help!

That is unprofessional! And theres little trust - for example, my preceptor warned me to "be careful" with people in the office. I know the supervisors are overworked too, so it really is the upper management whos doing a poor job helping them do their job too.

The culture here seems very fend for yourself. No one really talks to each other on my team - I don't even know their names! And senior staff who's vocal during team meetings are also fed up with the organization but won't quit because they've been here too long! Red flag! I got out as soon as I could!

One very big pro are the clients. Community nursing is very special becuase you work in the home, seeing people in their own environment. They are so grateful
  more... for you support and they show it in many rewarding ways.  less
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Poor pay, unprofessional leadership, no accountability, little team work
Very disappointed! Too bad, would have been a nice opportunity had they been able to provide the hours in which I was hired for.
personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON28 October 2015
Great mission statement. Unfortunately, when hired on as full time, I passed up other job opportunities as I sat and waited for calls to come in, and they never did. It's too bad but they do not have the clientele in the Cornwall area right now to offer anyone full time hrs. I kept getting asked to go out of town for 1 hour here and there. Very disappointed! Sorry Saint Elizabeth, but I wouldn't want anyone else to pass up employment as it is hard enough to find in Cornwall.
Pros
Nice managment
Cons
Could pay more. All opportunities from surrounding regions are being buzzed to your blackberry, so it's constantly going off. If you don't jump on it, you lose the hours (that is if you haven't established a set schedule), which could take a while.
Always Work In team
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2016
While working with Saint Elizabeth I really experienced to work in a team. The place where I am working is really a very busy site. And most of our clients are dependent for their daily needs. But our Saint Elizabeth team workers are really understandable and hard working employees. They are always ready to help each other as well as to their clients. I am feeling proud to say that I am the member of this team.
THE LEVELS OF STRESS AND THE LOW RESOURCES ALONG WITH THE LOW PAY MAKES THIS JOB HORRIBLE
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2015
MANAGMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES. ALWAYS UNDERSTAFF. NOT ENOUGH PSW'S OR NURSES. LOW PAY FOR THE LEVELS OF STRESS YOU EXPERIENCE, CO-WORKERS ARE NICE. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. IF YOU WORK AN 8 HR SHIFT, YOU ENDED UP STAYING LONGER WHICH YOU DONT GET PAID FOR. (THEY CALL IT COMP TIME) WHICH YOU CANT NEVER USE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH COORDINATORS.
Pros
NICE CO-WORKERS
Cons
LOW PAY, VERY STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT, NOT ENOUGH TRAINING OR TOOLS, NO MOTIVATION TO EMPLOYEES.
A good place to start a career
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2015
A good company, but has some human resources problems. They tend to hire personal support workers without regard to their personalities or passion for people. Work is normally done alone, but partnered shifts can be either very enjoyable or hellish (depending on the partner you are assigned).
Pros
Good supervisors, lots of interpersonal work, materials for work are always provided
Cons
Jealousy among staff at times, management changes
Loyal Employee but a bumpy road
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 September 2015
The supervisors and trainers will make sure you are able to do a skill and once they have confidence you are able to do so safely and effectively they back you 100%. It can be difficult working with the other nurses as sometimes the competition for positions and hours is fierce. The best way to handle this is to show others that helping one another is the best most productive way and that everything will get done in time. It is easy to feel overwhelmed. It is also easy to find good teammates that will look out for one another.
Pros
Great Clientelle
Cons
Low Pay

2.9