Saint Elizabeth

Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews

Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioOctober 1, 2015
I work in a team orientated environment; in my position the duties change each day to match the demand for service. It’s a great learning atmosphere on many fronts and there is never a dull moment from the start to the finish. Having to work with multiple types of customers, to be a team player, adapting constantly to changes, and being customer focus are keys to achieving success day-to-day. Management is the teams’ greatest asset. They are there for the team and are very in touch with what goes on. This job is team based so it’s very important that we function well together and we do it effortlessly. The hardest part of this job for me is the amount of details that is needed to get the job done satisfactory. Conversely, one of the best parts of the job is the challenges of leaning the details of the job so that I can give the best service to our clients, which at the end of the day makes it worth it all.
Pros
Friendly and supportive colleagues
Cons
Salary is not compatible
Rich and inspiring place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONDecember 15, 2013
I found that the team at Saint Elizabeth was tight and really worked together to support one another. As a student I felt like one of the team and felt comfortable to ask questions and participate as a team member. I accomplished all my learning goals at Saint Elizabeth such as catheterizing, infusion pumps, bereavement counseling and so much more. The hardest part of the job was coordinating the nurses schedule with that of the busy people's schedules but it always seemed to work out in the end. The most enjoyable part of the work was getting to know the clients and being able to offer catered help for each individual and to see them progress in their home where they are most comfortable. If things weren't working in the best direction for the client then being able to discuss changes and collaborating with the various team members to come up with better coarse of actions.
Pros
collaboration and ongoing learning
Cons
a lot of prep work that isn't paid for
Awful place to work - call centre environment
After hours Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  HamiltonDecember 12, 2013
Management is a joke and have no concept what it takes to do the job of a service coordinator. Run by kids on a day to day, nursing and support staff are completely understaffed in most areas, PSWs paid peanuts causing horrific scheduling problems calling in sick on a regular basis....the clients really suffer and it made me sick to my stomach that my job was to call very elderly, extremely ill clients with no family and living alone in remote areas of Ontario that there is no one to come and help them with light housekeeping, personal care, medical needs, today..over and over and over again the same pathetic spiel.....hated this place. The stressed out nurses yell at you, the clients yell at you, the client's families yell at you and St. Eliz management don't care......job is thankless. You have to have a stone heart to work here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
hours, management, general work environment is unhealthy
Not what was offered
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Haldimand, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Was hired as a Home Support Worker and was promised at least 20-30 hours a week, and got 9-15 if I was lucky. Not paid for mileage, and sometimes logistically impossible shifts and the coordinator's have a high opinion of themselves and usually wont help you solve logistical problems. If there was nothing scheduled for me on a day I said I could work, I still had to be available all day in case I was needed, with no compensation for this. I felt very mislead after taking the job as it was nothing like I was told it would be, the others hired at the same time felt the same. Complaints were ignored in favor of the coordinator. Very low pay for hard work and wear and tear on your car.
Co-workers were wonderful the actual work was fun, it is a very poorly managed company and I lost most of my savings after working there for 6 months.
Pros
Co-workers and patients
Cons
Hours, low pay, wear and tear on your car, on call all the time
Very disappointed! Too bad, would have been a nice opportunity had they been able to provide the hours in which I was hired for.
personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONOctober 28, 2015
Great mission statement. Unfortunately, when hired on as full time, I passed up other job opportunities as I sat and waited for calls to come in, and they never did. It's too bad but they do not have the clientele in the Cornwall area right now to offer anyone full time hrs. I kept getting asked to go out of town for 1 hour here and there. Very disappointed! Sorry Saint Elizabeth, but I wouldn't want anyone else to pass up employment as it is hard enough to find in Cornwall.
Pros
Nice managment
Cons
Could pay more. All opportunities from surrounding regions are being buzzed to your blackberry, so it's constantly going off. If you don't jump on it, you lose the hours (that is if you haven't established a set schedule), which could take a while.
Wage is Awful.. Benefits are not worthy. Alot of out of pocket money ..Management demanding..be ready to give Free min.utes of work to this Company..
PSW (Current Employee) –  LondonSeptember 10, 2015
You give alot of Free minutes to Company over the week alot of time you aren't paid for , dancing you have home internet , printer ,ink ,paper ,hydro.. All out of pocket monies , wage is low, very demanding , the sign in ,sign out tablet system never works right always checking messages and correcting hours worked, office staff for most part unfriendly , It gets costly working for this Company , wage and benefits not worthy . Alot of your time doing online required lesson and start up ..And you pay 3.00 for perks per pay , then pay again for Xmas party ,trips etc
Pros
Relocate anywhere if a posting is up
Cons
Wage, benefits awful
Great for advancing skills Not much else
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 28, 2015
Been with the company for over a year. They really are great at training you for things normally above an RPN scope. I love the people i work with, we support each other immensely.
NO work life balance. Want you to be on call always and forever and on call is not paid. If your working 8-4 and your done by 1300 your still on call 2.5hrs later and can be forced to go back out.
Salary and km should be higher because we can no longer claim anything significant on taxes for our cars
Not much advancement
Like my current boss. Ive has her 3 times in less than a year. We cannot keep management because their hours and crazy and debilitating. I've gone through 5 managers in 1 yr.
Pros
Lots of Training
Cons
NO LIFE
Loyal Employee but a bumpy road
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 20, 2015
The supervisors and trainers will make sure you are able to do a skill and once they have confidence you are able to do so safely and effectively they back you 100%. It can be difficult working with the other nurses as sometimes the competition for positions and hours is fierce. The best way to handle this is to show others that helping one another is the best most productive way and that everything will get done in time. It is easy to feel overwhelmed. It is also easy to find good teammates that will look out for one another.
Pros
Great Clientelle
Cons
Low Pay
THE LEVELS OF STRESS AND THE LOW RESOURCES ALONG WITH THE LOW PAY MAKES THIS JOB HORRIBLE
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2015
MANAGMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES. ALWAYS UNDERSTAFF. NOT ENOUGH PSW'S OR NURSES. LOW PAY FOR THE LEVELS OF STRESS YOU EXPERIENCE, CO-WORKERS ARE NICE. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. IF YOU WORK AN 8 HR SHIFT, YOU ENDED UP STAYING LONGER WHICH YOU DONT GET PAID FOR. (THEY CALL IT COMP TIME) WHICH YOU CANT NEVER USE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH COORDINATORS.
Pros
NICE CO-WORKERS
Cons
LOW PAY, VERY STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT, NOT ENOUGH TRAINING OR TOOLS, NO MOTIVATION TO EMPLOYEES.
Well trained employees, up to date, professional
Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 27, 2015
This is an agency so therefore my days vary very much, on my last employment, i was permanently linked with Algorithm pharma as a clinical technician, however due to a contract with the agency i could not be hired by the company.

my days vary from verifying volunteers (people who are willing to test new drugs before they could be approved), make sure the persons signature matches with the original record, calling volunteers and doing vital signs, blood processing.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of stability
The worst!!!
nurse (Former Employee) –  barrieMay 28, 2015
Pay is less than new grad and multitudes of redundant paperwork. Closed minded management and over abundant office staff. At least 3 office workers per nurse in the community or clinic. Absolutely no effective communication. They like to be seen as a non profit organization - this means they spend loads of tax payer dollars on an abundance of clerical positions and very little on the actual client. A true shame. Overall the staff are great...just caught in an awful framework.
Pros
clients and staff
Cons
Pay. .communication...management
I love it
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa ValleySeptember 30, 2015
I love working with Saint Elizabeth. They are all very pleasant to talk to and they make every effort to give you permanent clients. I enjoy the clients I work with and working inside the community so clients can remain in their homes. Saint Elizabeth is a great organization with some growing pains that a lot of companies have. They are doing their best for us as employees and for the clients that we have. I highly recommend Saint Elizabeth to my friends and fellow personal support workers.
Productive and Innovative Company
Sr Business Analyst/PM, IT and Operations (Current Employee) –  Markham, Ontario, CanadaOctober 24, 2013
The organization believes in providing their employees an opportunity to add value by providing education, training, job shadowing, coffee with the President. The organization is a firm believer in 'Rising Stars' a program that allows the employees to further their skills in leadership, client relationship management and to work with all types of personalities.
Pros
education and opportunities
Cons
healthcare is a slow moving industry
Psw
PSW (Current Employee) –  Picton, OntarioMarch 22, 2015
Like working with Saint Elizabeth. But not enough hours. They worked around my schedule at first now trying to make me work on evening that I requested off. I find that when you call into the office and ask them to call you back or email you no one does. I work evenings and only have 2 clients, and now they have an ad looking for someone to do evenings. Like HELLO I could use some more hours in my area. Asked for some days also and they won't give me any, except for one day of the week.
Pros
very nice clients
Cons
not enough hours
I enjoy working for this company
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa areaJanuary 6, 2015
I have been with saint Elizabeth now for almost 2 years as a shift nurse. I love my job I love the relaxed yet professional environment that management has where I am I feel secure in my job. Only downfall is the wage is a little lower than most competing jobs but I rather work somewhere I am happy and make a few dollars less than work in a place that I am miserable for a few dollars more.
Pros
good family work balance, use of technology, great co-workers
Cons
pay scale is a little lower
A good place to start a career
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 31, 2015
A good company, but has some human resources problems. They tend to hire personal support workers without regard to their personalities or passion for people. Work is normally done alone, but partnered shifts can be either very enjoyable or hellish (depending on the partner you are assigned).
Pros
Good supervisors, lots of interpersonal work, materials for work are always provided
Cons
Jealousy among staff at times, management changes
Always Work In team
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
While working with Saint Elizabeth I really experienced to work in a team. The place where I am working is really a very busy site. And most of our clients are dependent for their daily needs. But our Saint Elizabeth team workers are really understandable and hard working employees. They are always ready to help each other as well as to their clients. I am feeling proud to say that I am the member of this team.
all in all, not a bad place to work
rn nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
The culture is very positive, and supportive for the most part. The pay is far less than you can find in other community based organizations but there is a pension plan which helps. Depending on the region, the ability to advance varies. In some regions staff are encouraged to seek advancement, while in others, there seems to be a preference to look outside the organization.
Pros
supportive colleagues
Cons
low wages
most stressful place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  edmontonJuly 26, 2015
Unprofessional and very unorganized they pay you as a companion when they tell you its for a health care aide highest pay maybe to them 12.50 as a companion and 15 as a hca that's a joke friendly staff but not honest at all management is a joke would not recommend this company to anyone....
Cons
my supervisor dismiss me at the end of my work probation period,and left all the clients he gave me to care ABANDONED
PSW (Former Employee) –  HAMILTONFebruary 19, 2015
i was hired in August 2014 on a probation period of three months, i was dismiss at the end of he three months period by my supervisor, my supervisor left ALL MY CLIENTS I REGULARLY SCHEDULED TO CARE FOR BY SEHC A B A N D O N E D