Saint Elizabeth Employee Review

View all Saint Elizabeth reviews

Productive and Innovative Company
Sr Business Analyst/PM, IT and Operations (Current Employee) –  Markham, Ontario, Canada24 October 2013
The organization believes in providing their employees an opportunity to add value by providing education, training, job shadowing, coffee with the President. The organization is a firm believer in 'Rising Stars' a program that allows the employees to further their skills in leadership, client relationship management and to work with all types of personalities.
Pros
Education and Opportunities
Cons
healthcare is a slow moving industry

Other Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews

Excellent place to meet amazing clients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 November 2017
My time with Saint Elizabeth was very wonderful. I met amazing coworkers as well as clients. I went through some medical complications during my 3 years of employment here. Not only were they understanding and gave me time I needed, they were there for support in any way they possibly could be. Although remaining completely professional there was a sense of home and family and coziness. You were required to keep a company phone and tablet on you to document - which was excellent for charting and keeping track of clients needs and what they are or are not receiving daily from the staff that goes to see them. I was also without a license for a very long time and they accommodated me still. They made sure I could go into retirement homes and have enough clients in there to make a full time schedule. They were extremely flexible and always tried to work with the staff.
Pros
great coworkers, amazing clients, flexible schedule, every other weekend off
Cons
after hours support was not much help most days
Big company, very disconnected with each dept
Community Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 November 2017
I joined the company when it just opened a new office and had several new supervisors promoted so it was hectic and very disorganized. I feel that the orientation was severely lacking. I didn't get the promised two weeks of orientation, all they did was go over a couple of the modules that we were already assigned to complete independently and did not cover other important topics such as how to report to the lhin, etc. Everything was pushed onto the preceptors to show us but really, when they're scheduled a full day of clients already how much time can they spend training a new hire on administrative stuff that should have been covered during the classroom orientation?

There isn't much of a work life balance. If you are marked available for a particular day, they expect you to be available for the whole day and will regularly add more clients to your schedule without informing you. Easily go beyond 12 hours on the road just to get to everyone because you are not allowed to decline new clients and the coordinators don't care if you need to get home or have other appointments. They brag about how you can create your own schedule and be flexible in your timing but no, not really. A lot of clients are timed visits, which means they need the service at a particular time so you will find yourself driving from one edge of the city to the other with no breathing space.
Pros
Work independently, free uniform
Cons
mileage compensation lacking, rude coordinators, low pay, non-unionized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8