Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews in Canada

Unprofessional
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 1, 2016
The company is not professional.
They look for someone who can work for 3-5 people and expect to pay a junior salary for this. Expectations how much work is required to complete the project are completely unrealistic.
Twist their own contract commitments - be very cautious before signing anything with them, better ask to include what you want into the contract.
Cons
pay well below market, unrealistic expectations
Rewarding work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 30, 2016
I found this work to be very rewarding, I worked in palliative care and knowing that I could make one person feel better for one day or even one week, made me happy.
Overworked
Team Lead LPN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2016
Not supported by management Understaffed.
Fortunately wonderful co workers that get job done as a team. The residents and facility are wonderful
Pros
Staff
Cons
Resources
Friendly
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Visit clients in their home to manage care.most of the clients need wound care. building relationship with client is the valuable parts of this job.
Horrible organization, poor management
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  MarkhamMarch 30, 2016
This place is not professional at all. When I was hired, I barely had any communication with my supervisors because 4 of them quit after each other. You would receive so many emails for staffing needs but not a thing supervisors. The supervisor I did get to know as very kind and helpful but was clearly burnout.

One of my co-workers in the office says its a zoo in there, and everyone is preoccupied with just covering their own butts, so no one take accountability or blame the front line.

If they weren't so busy putting out scheduling fires, they could supporting us at the front line where it's needed.

In fact, I learned my lesson trying to help them... They ask, you want to help, then you do then they take advantage of you and overbook when you said I can help with one client! Some coordinators even avoid you or schedule you less if you don't help!

That is unprofessional! And theres little trust - for example, my preceptor warned me to "be careful" with people in the office. I know the supervisors are overworked too, so it really is the upper management whos doing a poor job helping them do their job too.

The culture here seems very fend for yourself. No one really talks to each other on my team - I don't even know their names! And senior staff who's vocal during team meetings are also fed up with the organization but won't quit because they've been here too long! Red flag! I got out as soon as I could!

One very big pro are the clients. Community nursing is very special becuase you work in the home, seeing people in their own environment. They are so grateful
  more... for you support and they show it in many rewarding ways.  less
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Poor pay, unprofessional leadership, no accountability, little team work
They do not take care of their employees
PSW (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 25, 2016
I would be lucky to even get 5 hours a day. the coordinators think way to highly of themselves and don't even try to understand what you're going through. As a male psw I understand that not a lot of people want to be seen by a man but when a client is being very inappropriate and you try to explain the situation to your supervisor they will tell you to deal with it and send you right back to be humiliated by the same people who talked down to you in the first place! Steer clear of this company and find a different employer because they will lie to you during the interview and betray you after you get the job! You've been warned
Cons
Worst company ive ever worked for
Psw (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, ONMarch 17, 2016
Worst company ive ever worked for ! Terrible management no support within the team definitely not team players. Logistics are far from par, unfulfilled promises such as full time hours this company definitely uses support workers and when you are no longer needed you are simply a number upon their payroll. Long hours when you do receive assignments with no scheduled breaks no travel time and no milage compensation.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Long hours no travel time no scheduled breaks no milage compensation
Not what was offered
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Haldimand, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Was hired as a Home Support Worker and was promised at least 20-30 hours a week, and got 9-15 if I was lucky. Not paid for mileage, and sometimes logistically impossible shifts and the coordinator's have a high opinion of themselves and usually wont help you solve logistical problems. If there was nothing scheduled for me on a day I said I could work, I still had to be available all day in case I was needed, with no compensation for this. I felt very mislead after taking the job as it was nothing like I was told it would be, the others hired at the same time felt the same. Complaints were ignored in favor of the coordinator. Very low pay for hard work and wear and tear on your car.
Co-workers were wonderful the actual work was fun, it is a very poorly managed company and I lost most of my savings after working there for 6 months.
Pros
Co-workers and patients
Cons
Hours, low pay, wear and tear on your car, on call all the time
Always Work In team
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
While working with Saint Elizabeth I really experienced to work in a team. The place where I am working is really a very busy site. And most of our clients are dependent for their daily needs. But our Saint Elizabeth team workers are really understandable and hard working employees. They are always ready to help each other as well as to their clients. I am feeling proud to say that I am the member of this team.
all in all, not a bad place to work
rn nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
The culture is very positive, and supportive for the most part. The pay is far less than you can find in other community based organizations but there is a pension plan which helps. Depending on the region, the ability to advance varies. In some regions staff are encouraged to seek advancement, while in others, there seems to be a preference to look outside the organization.
Pros
supportive colleagues
Cons
low wages
Great for advancing skills Not much else
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 28, 2015
Been with the company for over a year. They really are great at training you for things normally above an RPN scope. I love the people i work with, we support each other immensely.
NO work life balance. Want you to be on call always and forever and on call is not paid. If your working 8-4 and your done by 1300 your still on call 2.5hrs later and can be forced to go back out.
Salary and km should be higher because we can no longer claim anything significant on taxes for our cars
Not much advancement
Like my current boss. Ive has her 3 times in less than a year. We cannot keep management because their hours and crazy and debilitating. I've gone through 5 managers in 1 yr.
Pros
Lots of Training
Cons
NO LIFE
Working permanent shift is a plus.
RPN (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 24, 2015
A lot of favouritism. No dedication to long standing employees. They don't care if you get hours to work but expect you to be available.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
No guarantee of hours, seniority means nothing. Staff Association is a joke.
THE LEVELS OF STRESS AND THE LOW RESOURCES ALONG WITH THE LOW PAY MAKES THIS JOB HORRIBLE
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2015
MANAGMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES. ALWAYS UNDERSTAFF. NOT ENOUGH PSW'S OR NURSES. LOW PAY FOR THE LEVELS OF STRESS YOU EXPERIENCE, CO-WORKERS ARE NICE. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. IF YOU WORK AN 8 HR SHIFT, YOU ENDED UP STAYING LONGER WHICH YOU DONT GET PAID FOR. (THEY CALL IT COMP TIME) WHICH YOU CANT NEVER USE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH COORDINATORS.
Pros
NICE CO-WORKERS
Cons
LOW PAY, VERY STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT, NOT ENOUGH TRAINING OR TOOLS, NO MOTIVATION TO EMPLOYEES.
Very disappointed! Too bad, would have been a nice opportunity had they been able to provide the hours in which I was hired for.
personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONOctober 28, 2015
Great mission statement. Unfortunately, when hired on as full time, I passed up other job opportunities as I sat and waited for calls to come in, and they never did. It's too bad but they do not have the clientele in the Cornwall area right now to offer anyone full time hrs. I kept getting asked to go out of town for 1 hour here and there. Very disappointed! Sorry Saint Elizabeth, but I wouldn't want anyone else to pass up employment as it is hard enough to find in Cornwall.
Pros
Nice managment
Cons
Could pay more. All opportunities from surrounding regions are being buzzed to your blackberry, so it's constantly going off. If you don't jump on it, you lose the hours (that is if you haven't established a set schedule), which could take a while.
Fabulous company to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 4, 2015
I worked in London branch and loved all of the ladies that truly worked as a team to get everyone looked after. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioOctober 1, 2015
I work in a team orientated environment; in my position the duties change each day to match the demand for service. It’s a great learning atmosphere on many fronts and there is never a dull moment from the start to the finish. Having to work with multiple types of customers, to be a team player, adapting constantly to changes, and being customer focus are keys to achieving success day-to-day. Management is the teams’ greatest asset. They are there for the team and are very in touch with what goes on. This job is team based so it’s very important that we function well together and we do it effortlessly. The hardest part of this job for me is the amount of details that is needed to get the job done satisfactory. Conversely, one of the best parts of the job is the challenges of leaning the details of the job so that I can give the best service to our clients, which at the end of the day makes it worth it all.
Pros
Friendly and supportive colleagues
Cons
Salary is not compatible
I love it
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa ValleySeptember 30, 2015
I love working with Saint Elizabeth. They are all very pleasant to talk to and they make every effort to give you permanent clients. I enjoy the clients I work with and working inside the community so clients can remain in their homes. Saint Elizabeth is a great organization with some growing pains that a lot of companies have. They are doing their best for us as employees and for the clients that we have. I highly recommend Saint Elizabeth to my friends and fellow personal support workers.
Enjoying different types of experience with each client , not boring, travel a lot, not hard
Psw (Current Employee) –  London,onSeptember 29, 2015
I really enjoy the freedom of work place and meeting different types of clients. Good management.
Sometimes I have to travel more than usual scheduled days. Payment for gas is not good.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Visit cancellations
skill training is very competitive
PSW (Current Employee) –  Windsor ONSeptember 29, 2015
enjoyed orientation. Helpful to have the tablets. communication is great! Need more hours but that will come with time. Clientele is good.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
not enough hours
Love my job
PSW (Current Employee) –  London On.September 28, 2015
I enjoy my job and enjoy Saint Elizabeth, they have been good to me and seem fair enough. Been getting enough hours and do like doing my work and knowing that i'm helpful to people, clients and employers. Looking forward to the future here.
Pros
flexible with hours and days
Cons
pay could be better

2.9