Saint Elizabeth

Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
most stressful place to work
former employee (Former Employee), edmontonJuly 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Unprofessional and very unorganized they pay you as a companion when they tell you its for a health care aide highest pay maybe to them 12.50 as a companion and 15 as a hca that's a joke friendly staff but not honest at all management is a joke would not recommend this company to anyone....
The worst!!!
nurse (Former Employee), barrieMay 28, 2015
Pros: clients and staff
Cons: Pay. .communication...management
Pay is less than new grad and multitudes of redundant paperwork. Closed minded management and over abundant office staff. At least 3 office workers per nurse in the community or clinic. Absolutely no effective communication. They like to be seen as a non profit organization - this means they spend loads of tax payer dollars on an abundance of clerical positions and very little on the actual client. A true shame. Overall the staff are great...just caught in an awful framework.
all that and no actual job
RN (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2015
Jumped through every hoop, checks, testing, skills and in the end no hours and no work. Hard to get anyone to answer calls or email. If you don't meet a particular requirement, you will be required to access or acquire that thing or certificate at your own cost before you start, then there's no work, so...no pay, either.
Well trained employees, up to date, professional
Nurses Aid (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of stability
This is an agency so therefore my days vary very much, on my last employment, i was permanently linked with Algorithm pharma as a clinical technician, however due to a contract with the agency i could not be hired by the company.

my days vary from verifying volunteers (people who are willing to test new drugs before they could be approved), make sure the persons signature matches with the original record, calling volunteers and doing vital signs, blood processing.
unorganized & the worst management
LPN (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: a lot
I don't even want to see this company name in our city, province.
There is no respect, no care.
This company shouldn't be in this kind of area, not qualified.

Management is the worst.
Hope, they are removed from Edmonton.
The worst ever..
Psw
PSW (Current Employee), Picton, OntarioMarch 22, 2015
Pros: very nice clients
Cons: not enough hours
Like working with Saint Elizabeth. But not enough hours. They worked around my schedule at first now trying to make me work on evening that I requested off. I find that when you call into the office and ask them to call you back or email you no one does. I work evenings and only have 2 clients, and now they have an ad looking for someone to do evenings. Like HELLO I could use some more hours in my area. Asked for some days also and they won't give me any, except for one day of the week.
my supervisor dismiss me at the end of my work probation period,and left all the clients he gave me to care ABANDONED
PSW (Former Employee), HAMILTONFebruary 19, 2015
i was hired in August 2014 on a probation period of three months, i was dismiss at the end of he three months period by my supervisor, my supervisor left ALL MY CLIENTS I REGULARLY SCHEDULED TO CARE FOR BY SEHC A B A N D O N E D
I enjoy working for this company
RPN (Current Employee), Ottawa areaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good family work balance, use of technology, great co-workers
Cons: pay scale is a little lower
I have been with saint Elizabeth now for almost 2 years as a shift nurse. I love my job I love the relaxed yet professional environment that management has where I am I feel secure in my job. Only downfall is the wage is a little lower than most competing jobs but I rather work somewhere I am happy and make a few dollars less than work in a place that I am miserable for a few dollars more.
Lots of hours but with low pay and lack of any benefits u need to work nonstop and still behind financislly
Community Health Worker 2 (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: more hours work close to wear i live
Cons: low pay no bennefits
Staff r excellent one on one schedualing. Very good at prioritizing clients have familiar caregivers which helps everyone involved
Fun workplace
PSW (Current Employee), GoderichNovember 17, 2014
Only thing that I didn't like was the lack in consistent hours
Postivie place to work, willing to advance
Personal Support Worker, Home First program (Current Employee), London, On.October 10, 2014
Pros: lots of perks
Cons: $$$ could increase
Have lots of knowledge, experience working for this company. People are friendly, willing to help and accommodate. Spreading the word throw a resume in................ all good experiences.
fleible
Personal support worker (Current Employee), Simcoe, OntarioJune 23, 2014
driving to clients houses to provide home care
not good benefits
not good pay
awesome clients for the most pay
enjoy meeting new people
Awful place to work
Therapy assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
It is the worst company I have ever worked for!! Management is a joke. Don't value staff. Very political environment. Would not recommend working for this company to anyone!!
Co. not unmindful of staff
RPN (Current Employee), downtownFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: supply support
Cons: most disadvantageous in the employee
This company looks very good during orientation, but says different once you are hired. The supervisor is so unprofessional and coordinator are so conceited just a simple management of scheduling can't do the job rightly and the pay is the lowest. They asked you to have your own vehicle and gives you very low hours cannot even paid off the gas. When you asked for help they are passing to many persons that show the admin do not know whats going in technically in the field.
Community
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), HamiltonJanuary 11, 2014
Its a good first job. You can get a lot of hand on skills.
Very flexible with schedule. I have practical hoe to become more confident.
Awful place to work - call centre environment
After hours Service Coordinator (Former Employee), HamiltonDecember 12, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: hours, management, general work environment is unhealthy
Management is a joke and have no concept what it takes to do the job of a service coordinator. Run by kids on a day to day, nursing and support staff are completely understaffed in most areas, PSWs paid peanuts causing horrific scheduling problems calling in sick on a regular basis....the clients really suffer and it made me sick to my stomach that my job was to call very elderly, extremely ill clients with no family and living alone in remote areas of Ontario that there is no one to come and help them with light housekeeping, personal care, medical needs, today..over and over and over again the same pathetic spiel.....hated this place. The stressed out nurses yell at you, the clients yell at you, the client's families yell at you and St. Eliz management don't care......job is thankless. You have to have a stone heart to work here.
Productive and Innovative Company
Sr Business Analyst/PM, IT and Operations (Current Employee), Markham, Ontario, CanadaOctober 24, 2013
Pros: education and opportunities
Cons: healthcare is a slow moving industry
The organization believes in providing their employees an opportunity to add value by providing education, training, job shadowing, coffee with the President. The organization is a firm believer in 'Rising Stars' a program that allows the employees to further their skills in leadership, client relationship management and to work with all types of personalities.
Stressful
Physiotherapist Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Great company to work for but too much propaganda. Stressful at times
Continual changing shifts, fast paced
Shift Nurse-Community (Former Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 1, 2012
I was able to attend paediatric seminars working here and enjoyed the seminars.

About Saint Elizabeth

Saint Elizabeth has been delivering exceptional health care in people’s homes and communities and providing sustainable – Read more