Saint Elizabeth Employee Review

View all Saint Elizabeth reviews

Rich and inspiring place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 December 2013
I found that the team at Saint Elizabeth was tight and really worked together to support one another. As a student I felt like one of the team and felt comfortable to ask questions and participate as a team member. I accomplished all my learning goals at Saint Elizabeth such as catheterizing, infusion pumps, bereavement counseling and so much more. The hardest part of the job was coordinating the nurses schedule with that of the busy people's schedules but it always seemed to work out in the end. The most enjoyable part of the work was getting to know the clients and being able to offer catered help for each individual and to see them progress in their home where they are most comfortable. If things weren't working in the best direction for the client then being able to discuss changes and collaborating with the various team members to come up with better coarse of actions.
Pros
Collaboration and ongoing learning
Cons
a lot of prep work that isn't paid for

Other Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews

Big company, very disconnected with each dept
Community Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 November 2017
I joined the company when it just opened a new office and had several new supervisors promoted so it was hectic and very disorganized. I feel that the orientation was severely lacking. I didn't get the promised two weeks of orientation, all they did was go over a couple of the modules that we were already assigned to complete independently and did not cover other important topics such as how to report to the lhin, etc. Everything was pushed onto the preceptors to show us but really, when they're scheduled a full day of clients already how much time can they spend training a new hire on administrative stuff that should have been covered during the classroom orientation?

There isn't much of a work life balance. If you are marked available for a particular day, they expect you to be available for the whole day and will regularly add more clients to your schedule without informing you. Easily go beyond 12 hours on the road just to get to everyone because you are not allowed to decline new clients and the coordinators don't care if you need to get home or have other appointments. They brag about how you can create your own schedule and be flexible in your timing but no, not really. A lot of clients are timed visits, which means they need the service at a particular time so you will find yourself driving from one edge of the city to the other with no breathing space.
Pros
Work independently, free uniform
Cons
mileage compensation lacking, rude coordinators, low pay, non-unionized
Rewarding job helping people
Home Support Worker/Companion/Sitter (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON Cobourg and Port Colborne11 October 2017
Rewarding job helping people...if you truly want to help, care and make a difference this will be the job for you...every day was different, daily tasks ever changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8