Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews

Excellent career choice.if you are in it for the right reasons.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON4 September 2017
I love my job, pay could be better but I'm in it for helping people. Great team work and communication most of the time. Other psw will usually tell you about client if you ask. Having a tablet is amazing. Love having a uniform.
Clients are great
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  South Huron, ON30 August 2017
Clients are great to work with and the flexibility is awesome. The communication between workers and head office needs work. Benefits after 3 months for part-time full-time. 2 week vacation available with no waiting period.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of communication
interesting work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ON23 July 2017
was interesting and always doing something different but no enough hours at that time they were a new company at that time and they just didnt have enough clients yet to make it worth my time to be driving around from town to town and not get paid for gas ,only to do an hour or two of work
Stressful Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 July 2017
It's a very fast paced environment and you have to work well under stress.

Management is good and fair.

The most difficult part of the job is trying to get your tasks done in a timely fashion while managing phone calls. Patients or patients family calling should be top priority however with this position, there is so much more than just managing the phone calls which are also equally as important. Also, if a team member is off and there is no coverage, we are left to manage their tasks as well. This makes for a very stressful day.
Pros
Assisting patients and patient's family over the phone, free lunches, celebrating Christmas, Halloween, St. Patricks day with pot lucks etc.
Cons
The work load can be overwhelming.
Lots of driveing
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 June 2017
As with all in home care you must travel form client to client. you will have very little face to face contact with your co-workers or managers.They do however supply you with a work phone.
Pros
they supply your work phone
Cons
long and inconsistat hours
Not Pleasant
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON21 April 2017
Saint Elizabeth is a client comes first family last type of organization. Yes, it is important to do your job effectively as I always did. But, when life kicks into high gear, family comes first. But, not with Saint Elizabeth.

Also forced employees to work long hours, starting at 630am and then requiring you to work at least 1 to 2 late nights as well.
Good people, Good Work
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 April 2017
A great place to work with fun people and great activities outside of the work. Office/support staff are friendly and helpful. Lots of chances for career advancement.
Pros
Lots of Work Perks, Benefits.
Cons
Technical Issues with thier technology
Great job bad company
Community Shift Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Great starting job. There is lots of work but little skill utilization or job advances. Management and Payroll is MIA most of the time. Easy job with lots of kids involved.
Great Environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON21 January 2017
i enjoyed my job , but always felt like I didn't have enough time with each person i was supporting ! It was a nice change in my career to experience the community support system ! Hours were good but slowly would decrease !
Great place to work with for canadian healthcare
Helpdesk and IT support (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 December 2016
Every day is a challenged to support hope and happiness, you will never get the same routine, you will learn something new everyday!!! The management has provided supports and guidance for your career development. Your Co-works are very friendly and family oriented environment.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 November 2016
Great place to work with good people. Typical office admin work with call center vibe. Management is great and they do acknowledge the workers. The only downside is the compensation does not match the responsibilities given. Lowest pay compared to competitors but the relaxed environment makes up for it.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Great place to work!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 July 2016
The clients are very nice and you feel appreciated. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and getting to help them.
Cons
Using gas and mileage on car
Take your chances elsewhere
Student (Former Employee) –  BC29 June 2016
Absolutely better off elsewhere. The management is terrible and the stability is non existent. They are a pop up and won't be around long
Unprofessional
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 June 2016
The company is not professional.
They look for someone who can work for 3-5 people and expect to pay a junior salary for this. Expectations how much work is required to complete the project are completely unrealistic.
Twist their own contract commitments - be very cautious before signing anything with them, better ask to include what you want into the contract.
Cons
pay well below market, unrealistic expectations
Rewarding work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2016
I found this work to be very rewarding, I worked in palliative care and knowing that I could make one person feel better for one day or even one week, made me happy.
Overworked
Team Lead LPN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2016
Not supported by management Understaffed.
Fortunately wonderful co workers that get job done as a team. The residents and facility are wonderful
Pros
Staff
Cons
Resources
Friendly
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2016
Visit clients in their home to manage care.most of the clients need wound care. building relationship with client is the valuable parts of this job.
Horrible organization, poor management
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Markham30 March 2016
This place is not professional at all. When I was hired, I barely had any communication with my supervisors because 4 of them quit after each other. You would receive so many emails for staffing needs but not a thing supervisors. The supervisor I did get to know as very kind and helpful but was clearly burnout.

One of my co-workers in the office says its a zoo in there, and everyone is preoccupied with just covering their own butts, so no one take accountability or blame the front line.

If they weren't so busy putting out scheduling fires, they could supporting us at the front line where it's needed.

In fact, I learned my lesson trying to help them... They ask, you want to help, then you do then they take advantage of you and overbook when you said I can help with one client! Some coordinators even avoid you or schedule you less if you don't help!

That is unprofessional! And theres little trust - for example, my preceptor warned me to "be careful" with people in the office. I know the supervisors are overworked too, so it really is the upper management whos doing a poor job helping them do their job too.

The culture here seems very fend for yourself. No one really talks to each other on my team - I don't even know their names! And senior staff who's vocal during team meetings are also fed up with the organization but won't quit because they've been here too long! Red flag! I got out as soon as I could!

One very big pro are the clients. Community nursing is very special becuase you work in the home, seeing people in their own environment. They are so grateful
  more... for you support and they show it in many rewarding ways.  less
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Poor pay, unprofessional leadership, no accountability, little team work
They do not take care of their employees
PSW (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 March 2016
I would be lucky to even get 5 hours a day. the coordinators think way to highly of themselves and don't even try to understand what you're going through. As a male psw I understand that not a lot of people want to be seen by a man but when a client is being very inappropriate and you try to explain the situation to your supervisor they will tell you to deal with it and send you right back to be humiliated by the same people who talked down to you in the first place! Steer clear of this company and find a different employer because they will lie to you during the interview and betray you after you get the job! You've been warned
Cons
Worst company ive ever worked for
Psw (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, ON17 March 2016
Worst company ive ever worked for ! Terrible management no support within the team definitely not team players. Logistics are far from par, unfulfilled promises such as full time hours this company definitely uses support workers and when you are no longer needed you are simply a number upon their payroll. Long hours when you do receive assignments with no scheduled breaks no travel time and no milage compensation.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Long hours no travel time no scheduled breaks no milage compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9