Saint Elizabeth has been a trusted name in Canadian health care for more than a century and is a leader in responding to client, family and system needs. As an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, Saint Elizabeth is known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our national team of almost 6,500 nurses, rehab therapists, personal support workers deliver nearly five million health care visits annually.
We have expanded our services outside of a community setting by providing staffing solutions for hospitals, correctional facilities, long term care homes and other institutions requiring qualified health care staff. Our employees uphold the highest standards of care and service excellence, utilizing evidence-based practice and ethical decision-making.
We offer competitive rates of pay which recognizes: years of nursing experience, skills, knowledge and education. Ongoing educational opportunities are also available.
- Valid ACLS required for Critical Care nurses
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- RN designation (BScN or diploma)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing care planning process and evidence of the ability to utilize problem-solving.
- Excellent use of critical thinking skills in all aspects of providing care and collaborating with health care team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Ability to perform general RN duties
- Ability to utilize current technology for care delivery and documentation
- Knowledge of Electronic Patient Record Documentation systems
- Willingness to travel between and work at all institutions/hospitals as required.