Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 7000 nurses, rehab therapists, and personal support workers deliver more than five million health care visits annually.
Our Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement of knowledge and charitable initiatives in home and community care.
As a key member of the Saint Elizabeth clinical team the OTA/PTA will work with clients to increase their health and wellness. The suitable OTA/ PTA will be able to work well independently and in a team, they will be customer service focused, and have great people skills. We are currently seeking OTA/PTA in Windsor.
- Assist the supervising physiotherapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for individuals living in residential care communities
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist including but not limited to gait training, balance exercises, transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, ultrasound, TENS)
- Deliver dynamic, safe and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for groups of residents
- Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after residents’ treatments
- Ensure that the resident gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the physiotherapist regarding any changes or concerns about a resident’s status or treatment interventions
- Completed or in the process of completing a OTA/PTA Diploma.
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment, gait aids and wheelchairs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive bending, reaching, pushing, lifting and transferring using proper/safe body mechanics.
- BCLS and CPR certificate.
- Availability to work flexible hours
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
- Vulnerable sector check (current)
Interested candidates may forward cover letter with resume to: www.saintelizabeth.com/careers
Indeed - 4 months ago
Established in 1908, Saint Elizabeth Health Care is a Canadian not-for-profit charitable organization that provides health care services to...