Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 6,500 nurses, rehab therapists, and personal support workers deliver more than five million health care visits annually.
Our Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement of knowledge and charitable initiatives in home and community care.
We require a Personal Support Supervisor to provide direct supervision to the Personal Support Program, ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of services to clients
- Interview and select personal support staff to meet ongoing staff requirements.
- Utilize the Performance Management system to coach, support and evaluate personal support staff.
- Facilitate orientation of new personal support staff.
- Interface with service coordination and customer service to facilitate operational processes.
- Lead personal support staff team meetings.
- Collaborate with the Director to meet benchmarks for operational efficiencies.
- Actively participate as a team member in project/program development and implementation.
- Participate in quality programs.
- Day hours, with flexibility in covering evenings and week-ends related to staff training and delegating needs
- Participate in an on call rotation.
- A regulated health care professional RPN/RN.
- Previous community health care experience.
- A current CPR certificate.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- An ability to deal with conflict and excellent problem solving skills.
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Performance management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the design and/or delivery of adult learning activities is preferred.
- Familiarity with the funding and administration of community health services is preferred.
- Bilingualism in French is an Asset
Please note that the location for this role covers Champlain and the surrounding areas (but is based out of Ottawa
Interested candidates may forward cover letter with resume to www.saintelizabeth.com/careers