Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 6,500 nurses, rehab therapists, and personal support workers deliver more than five million health care visits annually.
Our Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement of knowledge and charitable initiatives in home and community care.
Responsible for creating instructionally sound, engaging, and target-audience appropriate learning solutions and activities such as e-learning courses, case studies, simulations, scenarios, classroom-based lesson plans, etc.
- Develop curriculum blueprint and collaborate with subject matter experts and clients/stakeholders to outline goals, learning objectives, and media/learning asset requirements
- Design and edit curriculum for a variety of e-learning, m-learning, blended, and classroom based solutions
- Design and/or develop self-paced e-learning and m-learning job aids and performance support tools.
- Develop assessments and evaluation, including writing corrective feedback and remedial tutorials
- Design case studies and first person simulations/branching scenarios
- Develop curriculum using rapid e-learning tools such as Articulate Studio and/or Articulate Storyline, and Captivate
- Initiate meetings, discussions and research to gather information for curriculum development from subject matter expert(s)
- Work closely with the project teams and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to integrate content with design and development deliverables
- Develop timelines for assigned projects and coordinate activities of other project team members
- Upload course resources and learning assets such as course content, pdfs, web links, etc. to our learning management system (LMS) – Desire2Learn.
- Conduct user-testing of courses and learning assets
- Provide editing and communications consultation services to other departments as required
- Contribute to team planning and brainstorming activities
- Assist other team members and departments as required
- Undertake continual quality improvement activities
- A university degree in education, instructional design, instructional technology, or a diploma in e-learning and/or adult education.
- CTDP designation preferred
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in e-learning-based instructional design.
- Technologically competent, with a passion for Web-based content development and design is required.
- Ability to write in various styles and formats (creative, editorial, marketing, technical) is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is required.
- Proficiency in Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline, and Captivate is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to quality, detail and accuracy, combined with the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks are required.
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to work in a rapidly changing work environment is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to interface with different functions/team members is required.
- Graphics, audio, and/or video production/editing is an asset
- Ability to take initiative and to demonstrate resourcefulness in work assignments is required.
- Knowledge of health care and/or health care terminology is preferred.
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style is preferred.
Please apply on-line to www.sanitelizabeth.com/careers
Please note that this is a 13 month contract