Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 7,000 nurses, rehab therapists, and personal support workers deliver more than five million health care visits annually.
Our Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement of knowledge and charitable initiatives in home and community care.
As a member of the local leadership team, this role demonstrates clinical expertise using a coaching and mentoring approach. Support begins during the immediate onboarding and orientation of new hires both directly and through the support of the preceptorship model, and continues throughout the staff employment at SE. This role provides local clinical support to the Service Delivery Centre to promote, sustain and maintain excellence in client care and professional clinical practice.
- Participate in the clinical orientation and preceptorship of new staff
- Lead the delivery of standardized orientation classes and education that has a practical component
- Conduct joint home visits for the purpose of influencing/monitoring/ maintaining / improving quality of care, interpreting clinical standards of practice, and providing coaching/staff development
- Provide 1:1 or group practice based clinical coaching and feedback
- Support the Clinical Practice Resource (CPR) in facilitating local education/initiatives
- Participate in knowledge transfer activities that support the introduction and utilization of clinical knowledge tools as they become available locally
- Maintain the local clinical lab (teaching supplies, equipment and resources)
- Identify gaps in practice (either for individuals or collectively) and develop appropriate remediation/coaching plans
- Work collaboratively with the CPR and local leadership team to define improvement activities that result from analysis of data from formal reports
- Registered Nurse – degree prepared.
- Adult Education diploma/degree.
- Graduate of Saint Elizabeth preceptor program
- A minimum of one year community nursing experience.
- A minimum of 2 years adult education experience.
- Takes initiative, can work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s programs and services.
- Sound decision making skills, with the ability to plan, organize and implement both proactively and responsively.
- Demonstrates active leadership.
- Exceptional organization, interpersonal and communication skills (written/oral).
- A strong generalist clinical nursing background, with experience in pediatric.
- Strong computer skills including power point, excel, MS Word and other programs.
- Flexibility in work hours and assignments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Please apply on-line to www.saintelizabeth.com/careers
Established in 1908, Saint Elizabeth Health Care is a Canadian not-for-profit charitable organization that provides health care services to...