Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews

Very poor staff appreciation.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2018
As psw you can be full time but casual/part time staff with less flexible availability and poor attendance records get more hours. Supervisor changeover very high. No raises. HSW get close to same rate as PSW who had to go to college for 6mths to year. Clients can be canceled with no notice and no pay even when you are enroute. Ask for time off and they can require up to 4 months notice. Supervisors do not respond to issues on regular basis.

On the upside they have some fabulous very dedicated caring staff despite work conditions.
Pros
Some very awesome caring caregivers
Cons
Irregular schedules and pay
No work/life balance
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 December 2017
Very long days
Best part of the job is the clients
Bad scheduling with overlapping clients and little to no travel time between clients.
Very hard to book any time off. 99.9% you will be told no to booking time off.
Pros
the clients
Cons
long hours, over lapping of clients, little to no travel time, Very hard to book time off.
Flexible company. Work in multiple areas on your schedule.
Clinical Pharmacy Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC13 December 2017
I enjoy working casual for his company. Lots if areas to focus on. Pay could be better. Wish they paid for RN licences in multiple provinces to allow for more travel nursing. I will not pay out of pocket.
Pros
Flexible-casual
Cons
No pay increase, new management every few months
Loved my work but despise this company. Nothing saintly about St. Elizabeth
RN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
The pay is the worst, the benefits aren't very good, my schedule was almost cruel. No life! Only company to pay half hour visits when the LHIN pays them an hour. StE pockets what should be going to the nurse. You get ripped off on mileage and expenses. They are out to make money on the backs of the nurse. High turnover and many I met there weren't very good at their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day I quit. Lots of better HC companies out there.
Pros
never found any
Cons
no respect for experience, terrible wages, benefits
Satisfying job knowing older adults are getting the chance to stay home rather than go into LTC
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON6 December 2017
pros: job flexibility, and awesome coworkers.

cons: issues are not taken care of timely sometimes waiting weeks for responses from supervisors, and upper management.
Plenty of work
PSW (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON30 November 2017
Very poor communication between management and front line staff.
Pay could be a lot better considering the work schedule, benefits aren't great and they charge way to much for to little.
Always looking for staff to pick up extra's.
Pros
Plenty of hours if your interested
Cons
Pay and schedules suck, along with lack of communication
Not recommended for front line workers.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 November 2017
If you have a choice please do not choose this company, especially front line staff. Management treats you with no respect. Some supervisors are very rude and disrespectful!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unfriendly supervisors
fun workplace with many opportunities to advance
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 November 2017
good place to work, lots of opportunities to advance nursing skills and career. Great feedback from management and continuity of care for clients in the homes.
Really lovw this job
RPN (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON16 November 2017
Supportive team, good management always there when they are needed. Room to grow and improve skills lots of trainings available. Team of nurses always willing to teach and help.
Pros
Always have support
Cons
Low pay for RPN
Great Experience!
Student Praxis Placement (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 November 2017
As a student I had an amazing experience while completing my praxis hours with Saint Elizabeth Health Care. My praxis mentor was awesome and provided me with an excellent learning experience.
My job with Saint Elizabeth Health Care
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON13 November 2017
This was a great working experience. Had to stop because wanted to spend more time with family. The staff was easy to work with I get my strength and support from a great work ethic. And I value a team effort approach to all my colleagues and clients. I also trained student PSW, too.
Pros
Health and safety
Cons
There are none
a great place to work with.
RPN (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2017
VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH. a lot of opportunity to learn and development. it works across Canada. its a great place to work and enjoy interacting with clients.
Pros
great learning place.
Cons
pay is not very motivating.
Great for new nurses
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON30 October 2017
Great starting point if you want to add skills to your resume. Room to move around from shift, visiting, clinic, teaching PSW's, etc. Not recommended long term for RPNs due to low pay grade.
Pros
Room to move around in the company and lots of education!
Cons
Low pay grade for nurses, unorganized supervisors and coordinators, seems like some don't communincate with each other, don't respond to emails
Not a bad place to work...
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 October 2017
... typical home-care agency. Some supervisors are good, some are bad, co-ordinators are better than other places. Hours are all over the place...Like I said; typical.
productive and caring place to work
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2017
as a coordinator you have multiple jobs that require your punctuality. Setting up appointments, ensuring there is enough staff to cover each job filed for example; PSW, Nurses, and other care givers
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
workers always not punctual or available
Bad company
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2017
Wants you to be availible for 8 hr shifts.
give you 2-5 hrs daily of work. No raises ever, coordinators dont ask to add clients to your schedule they just put extra clients on boards. No incentives to work. Understaffed so clients get missed.
Nobody listens to concerns in meetings.This company does not value their employees.
Avoid this company and go elsewhere. Pay for PSW is sixteen fifty per hour
Pros
Cons
Lack of time travel given between clients
Very Flexible however somewhat disorganized at times
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 October 2017
Hands down, one of the best companies I have worked for in terms of my eagerness to return to work. With many companies in community health care, there are lots of variables that can lead to chaos at the office (short staffed, miscommunication, electronic failure or phone lines down) so often you will experience frustrating moments. If you're a dedicated worker, wanting to put in the hours for work, you will be successful and get appreciation from the office. But expect split shifts to be the norm for you as many clients are bulked in the morning for rising care, and again in the night so afternoon visits are sparse. Just a factor of the business though. the
Company offers a lot of opportunities to further your training and educate yourself so that you are a confident worker.
Pros
flexible hours, pension, benefits, independant work
Cons
split shifts, disorganized, lots of driving
Sign on bonus and "benefits"
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ON21 September 2017
They never pay out sign on bonuses and getting your benifits after 3 months is a joke you have to chase them to add you onto a benifits plan that you pay for anyways out of your pay.
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
Company very disorganized
Great team mates, family atmosphere
NURSING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 September 2017
A typical day at work is reading and responding to hundreds of email.. Making any changes that the nurses need made to their scheduled day. Adding important medical information to client profiles. Send community nurses any documents electronically using fax to email. I have learned many things about medicine and nursing culture. Hardest part is dealing with terminally or seriously ill clients. The best part of the job is feeling as though I have helped the client that needs to see a nurse and helping to give the family some peace of mind.
always ready and willing to help
PSW (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2017
Great place to work people in the office work hard to helps us in our work day our clients are so sweet and we help them to stay in there homes and there is no place like home
Pros
at times lots of hours
Cons
at times no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.