Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent
National Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 31, 2015
As an employee of Saint Elizabeth for 7 years i have had many opportunities. I have been recognized for my accomplishments and promoted accordingly. Victoria staff are a tight, well functioning team with an excellent area manager who listens and assists all staff to adapt to ongoing change. The hardest part of my job is attempting to locate eligible candidates for positions in other provinces. My most enjoyable is the time i get to spend with the Victoria team.
Pros
Acceptable hourly wage
Cons
No retirement plan
A job that enables you to connect with patients
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2015
Working as a community nurse I have greater autonomy in the way I treat and manage patients, I got to see your patients feeling less stressed and anxious than in hospital wards and at the same time built a close teamwork with a wide range of other professionals. The best part of the job is I had the opportunity to look at people holistically; where I had to be aware of their whole home situation, not only their condition.
Pros
Seeing happy patients that appreciate your efforts
Cons
not enough hours
Great company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 6, 2015
Wonderful company, too bad corporate nepotism is obvious in virtually all areas of the company. Very difficult to get in, very easy to get disposed of. One of my ex colleagues actually referred to the company as a prison. Pay raises are only enjoyed by management and their pets.
Stressful and Exhausting
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
This job is very high stress. Fast paced work environment with tight deadlines. Schedule nurses and psw's for in home client care and answer phone calls in queue system.
Quality, productivity, reducing risks, safety, and fun.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
A typical workday is generally flexible in nature since it's mainly providing direct care to clients in their homes; it then means one can work within the availability that is provided to the employer, and this could be modified occasionally to suit one's prevailing needs.
The main lesson that I learned is the cultural diversities which is truly representative of Canada, and this is a plus for me in my future career.
My present employer has a very good Organizational structure in place; this ensures quality,productivity, reducing risks, and safety.
I work with amazing people; they are cooperative, and are willing to help at any time.
The hardest part of the job is; a typical workday that is packed with clients that need help for mobility but do not require a Lift, this is not a very common scenario though.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I work with the Seniors; one could also learn quite a lot of lessons from them.
Am applying for a Clerical assistant / Stores
PSW (Current Employee) –  90 Allstates Pack way MarkhanJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day is a day i found my client on floor for more than 14 hours with food., I called 911, then followed by letting my office know
I love what I do!
PSW (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 23, 2015
I'm so glad I decided to get into the medical field. I've always had a passion for people however I didn't accomplish my goals early in life. I discovered other opportunities but finally fulfilled my wishes to complete the RPN program. I enjoy working as a PSW but I needed more responsibility. I enjoy the one on one care that I provide, and I've not had a family tell me they didn't want to see me again to care for them - that makes me feel really good.
Did not enjoy working for this company
Visit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 3, 2015
I did not have a good experience with this agency. Poor management, poor coordination, co-workers were not team players.
Overall, I do not recommend working for this company as you will get no job satisfaction, other than the clients you see.
fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
great company to work for, professional all employees are amazing to work with, management are great as well.. I don't realty think there is something hard about the job, as long as you do your work management will not be all over you
Good Team to work with
Service Co-Ordinator (PT) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 28, 2015
Very stress full job at times, due to the fact that they have a high turnover in staff.. Not enough care workers to provide service making staffing very difficult at times. co-workers pulled together. job satisfaction came from helping the community and problem solving
Pros
Good team effort in the office, interesting and i enjoyed the job
Cons
they dont have the staff RN/PSW to fulfill the commmunity service referrals
if one is desperate to have job
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
over going major changes due to switching from non-profit to corporate organization, no work and life balance , low pay , high overturn of front line employees
hardest part of the job - lack of appreciation and professionalism, no pay increase levels for many years
most enjoyable part of the job - clients to work with , helping community
Pros
having a job if desperate
Cons
unprofessional management
good job
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 5, 2015
good people good expereince helpful people good clients good service good location helpful people good calls good service good everything
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
It's fun to serve clients in the community!!!
Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
My recent work experience as a community nurse of Saint Elizabeth Health Care involves the assessment of health conditions as well as the provision and promotion of wellbeing of clients by supportive, preventive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means. The task includes organizational and time-management skills, nursing care planning and evaluating, problem-solving, decision-making, documenting and reporting.
Pros
works independently...
Cons
driving is kind of a problem; especially when it snows.
productive and fun work place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  london, onApril 8, 2015
. provide support to people in there own home

. I learned how to deal with diferent kind of people in a different emviroment

. I really enjoyed this job, nothing about the job was hard except for the winter weather in london ontario
Pros
manage my own time
Cons
bad weather
A really great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 15, 2015
This has to be one of, if not, the best working experience that I've had throughout my work history. To me it is not like a typical workplace environment, it is more of a family like company.
very concern about working safe
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 13, 2015
a typical day at work is when we meet for training or meeting the personal support worker are always happy. the hardest part of the job is transferring . the most enjoyable part of the job is when you make your client happy and they give you a hug .
Pros
free goodies
Cons
free pizza
If you are not willing to suck up to managment, look elsewhere
unknown (Former Employee) –  ottawa,ontarioDecember 2, 2014
This place is horrible. In the short time I was there I realize you have to sleep with the trainer and suck up to management to get ahead. Making mistakes in the place if you are not friends with management will get you out of the door with no questions asked. Even if the one mistake you made you apologized for it and it was an honest mistake. In a way im very happy im not working there bc if I have to work with a bunch of phony ppl again I will lose it. But kudos to the good workers that always took care of me, too bad management couldn't be better. Their training sucks, but they expect you to get on the phones and learn quickly even if you new. They never have any desk available when you start your shift, Will never recommend that place to anyone.
work with new lessons and experiences, day to day.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMarch 11, 2015
The smile and blessings of people whom I care help me to be confident & satisfied. Teach me new aspects of work everyday. Co-workers are so co-operative and friendly. Interacting with clients is most enjoyable.
I enjoy working with the elderly.
PSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2014
I learned to take care of the sick, the dying client, learned to give them a bath , assist with feeding, shower, preparing their meals, making beds and changing them, even bed bath.
At first I was very nervous because I realize
the clients are very delicate and have to handle with care.
The hardest part of the job on my placement was learning to use the hoyer lift.
i am working by myself house to house, my placement was with co-workers getting to meet different race and nationality.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your clients, their little stories of how they grew up.
Cons
short hours
I love my job
RPN (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONDecember 17, 2014
I worked at Saint Elizabeth Health Care for over 10 yrs. I loved my job and haated to leave but there was a cut in hours and I could not afford the loss in pay. I worked along side the ET nurses from Ottatwa, which was a very good experience. Very seldome did we fight about anything and if we did. \
Pros
very friendly lovely place to work
Cons
unsteady hours