Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews

Great Workplace for a PSW
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 May 2017
I'm currently training in the HSW Program and so far everyone I've met from Saint Elizabeth has been so helpful and kind. The company provided me with an excellent opportunity for paid education and has no shortage of opportunities if you are looking to advance your career. I highly recommend working for them, they are an amazing company.
Pros
Subsidized education, lots of clients/hours available, great management
Great benefits and wages.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 May 2017
I was an in-home support care worker. I was responsible for helping clients with daily living tasks they could not complete themselves, such as bathing, dressing, mobility, etc.
I was responsible for maintaining my own schedule, but conflicts often arise when coordination would add clients that did not fit appropriately into that schedule.
Pros
Good wages for work done.
Cons
The driving was very hard on my car.
Teamwork, productive and much more ...
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
SE will forever be one of my favorite jobs. They pay well, and are very involved. Management is patient and understanding in all areas whether you be sick or need help with your schedule. SE is always helping you grow in your career so you can stay informed and up to date. They have great opportunities to further your education and will help you along the way. Coworkers are friendly, informative and helpful. Truly an AWESOME!! place to work.
Cons
$$/km instead of $$/hour for driving
Total Chaos But Rewarding Work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 April 2017
Management deals with the higher ups breathing down their necks a lot and so that frustration trickles down to the poor people breaking their backs to keep this place in business. I absolutely loved my clients and developed very strong bonds with them. I was very well liked by clients and received an overwhelming amount of praise from them and their families in regards to the quality of my work. I was with Saint Elizabeth for almost 2 years and received that positive feedback maybe twice from management. What I did receive on a fairly regular basis from the office was hostility for things that were not my fault, ie scheduling issues I would call or email about that did not get corrected and so visits were missed or I was late for. Or once I called in sick and they did not remove the clients from my schedule and a supervisor I was not working under called and actually yelled at me asking why I didn't tell a supervisor I was not coming in. My response was that usually they transfer me to a supervisor after I speak with schedule coordinator but this coordinator did not transfer me after we were done speaking but that I assumed that they had removed the clients because THAT is their job when they talk to someone who says they are not well enough to work their scheduled shift.
The job itself is very rewarding just be prepared to stand up for yourself often as you will be walked all over if you don't and be prepared to not feel appreciated by the company. My favourite part of this job was spending time with the clients and their families and the rare times I'd actually get to talk
  more... to my co-workers because they were all pretty awesome.  less
Pros
One of the higher paying home care agencies. Rewarding work.
Cons
Chaotic. Poorly managed. Under appreciated by the company.
RPN (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 April 2017
I really enjoy sant Elizabeth. The nurses are great work well with everybody. Great communication between nurses and clients. Our supervisor is great very understanding and caring. The flexibility is great.
Pros
Flexibility of the job
Cons
Community care hours are not dependable either there is hours or there is noe
great workplace
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 April 2017
this was an amazing place to work. I loved my job, but it is very depressing job. the people were great and went out of their way to help you in any way they could.
Pros
great place
Cons
not enough pay
Amazing efforts on management's part to communicate.
Registered Practical Nurse - Community Shift Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 April 2017
Our supervisors facilitate meetings in a way that encourage open, honest communication. Being a community nurse can feel very isolating, but I always know I have the support of my bosses.
Pros
One on one community care, I can give my clients what they need.
Cons
All night shifts. Extremely hard on the body/circadian rythm.
Great energy but beware
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 April 2017
I worked for SE on a one-year contract. In many ways, they've got "culture" covered: fun atmosphere, innovative thinkers, great (for the most part) employees, decent professional development, challenging and worthwhile work, etc.

Having had a fantastic performance review, I was abruptly asked to leave four weeks prior to end of contract. Money was deemed the issue but that makes no sense as SE is rolling in $$$. I was very disappointed, embarrassed and shocked and found out my own manager was laid off about a year later. Definitely not a great ending to what could have been an excellent experience for both me and the company.
Pros
Fun culture, meaningful work, interesting employees
Cons
Manipulation behind the scenes
Job Security and well balanced
PSW (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 April 2017
I have been working with the company for almost 3 years and every morning that I wakes up and get ready to work I still have the smile on my face that makes me always feel first day of work. It is because the people I work with are fun and easy going, there are no jealousy and bosing around, everyone is dedicated to their work and everyone is willing to help one another.o Also at Saint Elizabeth there are a lot of room to grow, the company wiill support and willing to give a hand
People don't leave jobs they leave managers
Palliative Care Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 April 2017
in healthcare, our efforts afford to be recognized, and generously so, as the burden of caring for others, their families and pets becomes greater than our ability to perform, and soon the job has encompassed your life to the point of no return

this company is about running a business and making a "not for profit" profit on the humps of the front line workers - the workers have to fight for every penny, every minute worked - nobody has enough fight

this organization should have all of its employees on the front line unionized

retention would not be an issue if RHPs were protected and paid along side the rest of our colleague in Ontario....
saint elizabeth
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 April 2017
great job if you need hours to revolve around your home life but not if your needing gaurenteed hours. clients can cancel on you at any time and it takes management awhile to get back to you.
Pros
great clients
Cons
not enough hours
Saint Elizabeth
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 April 2017
Excellent company to work for.
Lots of room for advancement, started as service coordinator, was quickly used to assist in start up of new offices travelling across Ontario. From there, I became the first Administrative Supervisor for the Organization and helped develop the position. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family during the weeks when I was travelling to support other service delivery centres or roll out other programs across the province.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job was the knowledge and expertise I gained in management as well as meeting a great group of people.
Pros
The team I worked with
Cons
Long hours and work/life balance
Perosn centered company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 April 2017
St. Elizabeth company is very supportive to their employees. They also listens to their employees and address issues/concerns immediately. It is a very pro-active company and I really admire the management of this company. I would really love to work in this company again
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2017
royal alexander hospital, it is a hospital with gret workers. face past and well known in the city it is very big and nice, royal alexander hospital.
Pros
royal alexander hospital
Cons
royal alexander hospital
Fun place
Supportive Care Supervisor- H-N (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 March 2017
Staff engagement was low due to workload issues. Travelling all over community areas. Enjoyed clients and staff. need to be more attentive to what the frontline staff and supervisors feedback.
Pros
leadership education
Cons
workload
excellent work environment
Visting Registered Nurse - Primary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON23 February 2017
excellent workplace, large building with many amenities, tests done on site with quick results. great coworkers and management. location was accessible
Worst Mangement Ever for PSW's
PSW (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 February 2017
I worked at the Barrie, Ont St. Elizabeth's and the bosses and two of co-coordinators were nothing but bullys. I went to all the meetings and still I found that new psw/caregivers were ignored. The manager was rude and would call you clients houses. I was blamed for things I didn't do. If the manger didn't like you you she would give you all the hard clients. Also, there where evening co-ordinators that played games with you and your schedule. I am so glad I quit and became a RN. I certainly would not play favorites with my Personal Support Workers or Homemakers, I give them the respect they deserve. I believe some ppl should have retired.
Pros
The people you care for in the community
Cons
Being bullied, feeling singled out. Hours and poor organization.
After hours, very busy, good experience
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 January 2017
Manager expects full availability although it is a prt time position with no guarantee of hours
Strong team support from managers off site
Care ensured as first priority for patients
Pros
Cake day, food
Cons
Sometimes you work past 11pm.
Great clients but work is a joke
PSW (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 January 2017
Clients are wonderful! However most of the jobs you were there for barely required you to actually be there. Supervisors either dont answer phones or dont pass along messages (eg when sick supervisor doesnt tell scheduling so youre clients dont get anyone that day) then they blame you when they realize the error..even when you followed the procedures they lay out for you!
Pros
Good clients, decent pay
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management
Terrible terrible terrible
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 December 2016
I worked as a Service Coordinator for approx one month. Was told training is extensive and supportive. My training included being handed a few sheets of paper to follow.......told go to it and ask if you have any questions. Problem is when asking questions was told to read the papers, which were inadequate and missing information or why don't you know that answer. Completely understaffed regularly, colleagues were unprofessional off the phone, swearing, coming to work intoxicated and wearing dirty clothes. Supervisor was incompetent and unapproachable, quick to blame. Training was not equal........some were given shadowing for two full weeks while others were handed papers to follow. Terrible terrible terrible place to work. Run fast and hard!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.