Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews

Bad company
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2017
Wants you to be availible for 8 hr shifts.
give you 2-5 hrs daily of work. No raises ever, coordinators dont ask to add clients to your schedule they just put extra clients on boards. No incentives to work. Understaffed so clients get missed.
Nobody listens to concerns in meetings.This company does not value their employees.
Avoid this company and go elsewhere. Pay for PSW is sixteen fifty per hour
Pros
Cons
Lack of time travel given between clients
Very Flexible however somewhat disorganized at times
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 October 2017
Hands down, one of the best companies I have worked for in terms of my eagerness to return to work. With many companies in community health care, there are lots of variables that can lead to chaos at the office (short staffed, miscommunication, electronic failure or phone lines down) so often you will experience frustrating moments. If you're a dedicated worker, wanting to put in the hours for work, you will be successful and get appreciation from the office. But expect split shifts to be the norm for you as many clients are bulked in the morning for rising care, and again in the night so afternoon visits are sparse. Just a factor of the business though. the
Company offers a lot of opportunities to further your training and educate yourself so that you are a confident worker.
Pros
flexible hours, pension, benefits, independant work
Cons
split shifts, disorganized, lots of driving
Sign on bonus and "benefits"
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ON21 September 2017
They never pay out sign on bonuses and getting your benifits after 3 months is a joke you have to chase them to add you onto a benifits plan that you pay for anyways out of your pay.
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
Company very disorganized
Great team mates, family atmosphere
NURSING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 September 2017
A typical day at work is reading and responding to hundreds of email.. Making any changes that the nurses need made to their scheduled day. Adding important medical information to client profiles. Send community nurses any documents electronically using fax to email. I have learned many things about medicine and nursing culture. Hardest part is dealing with terminally or seriously ill clients. The best part of the job is feeling as though I have helped the client that needs to see a nurse and helping to give the family some peace of mind.
always ready and willing to help
PSW (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2017
Great place to work people in the office work hard to helps us in our work day our clients are so sweet and we help them to stay in there homes and there is no place like home
Pros
at times lots of hours
Cons
at times no hours
Good place to work for this location.
RPN as a community nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 September 2017
Excellent management for Saint Elizabeth HNHB, good coordinators on call 24 hour, plenty of work, versatile job opportunities, flexible hours, the CEO is the leader of the company and not the subordinates
Pros
It is all good.
Great place to work if you have a busy home life
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 September 2017
I learned a lot working home care. It was an amazing experience with true one on one with clients. The management worked really hard to make sure I was driving in my own area the majority of the time.
Positive work environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 August 2017
The independence of working in the community develops accountability, time management, and critical thinking skills. The support from co-workers, supervisors and management akes work enjoyable.
good work environment
VISITING REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2017
Love this work, but with very little work hours/wk, I cannot afford to sustain my daily cost of living. No complain about management nor fellow workers. Good management, but not good pay.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Low hourly rate and no hours
productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 August 2017
management very supportive, low hours though but great opportunities to grow and learn. They support in continuing education. i met a lot of people from different backgrounds
Pros
free education sessions, dinners
Cons
low hours
Amazing company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 August 2017
I absolutely LOVED working with Saint Elizabeth.
The staff are great, My supervisor was amazing and the clients were incredible.
I'd work for them again in a heartbeat if I could.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Disorganized, too much maintenance, not enough training, great schedule though! Good luck
PTA (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON11 July 2017
If you are looking for a place with flexible hours and a flexible schedule their great. Pay isn't good. Takes too long to attain a full time schedule. Very disorganized. You have to be your own administrative assistant and go out of your way to make sure you are receiving the proper amount of training and orientation. If you are not comfortable asking questions you wont know anything. You will just be a number and not a name. Well I guess a name but only for consent and legal purposes. Not my first choice. Especially if you are passionate about progressive patient care. The care given is to maintain but ends their. Good luck!
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Disorganized, too much organization, not my standard of patient care, not enough training, uncertain because not enough training
Terrible management
Psw (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON10 July 2017
Terrible management you are but a number when you work for this company! Scheduling is unorganized and poorly maintained with little regard for patient centred care. Management is inconsistent and inconsiderate with regards to work place conflicts supervisor are often unavailable and require that you deal with problems on your own. The pay is lower than other organizations with the same positions. Work/life culture is also underrated the company states they are flexible to your availability but as soon as you request to change avail or refuse to pick up outside your availability you are penalized the next week with no hours. Lots of cleaning involved with there positions too I don't mind light housekeeping and assisting with ADLs but I am a PSW not a housekeeper when you speak to management in regards to issues such as that you will be told you are required to clean even if there is no "care" actually being done! Think twice before accepting a position I wish I had of saved myself months of stress and constant advocating for patients that got me no where.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Long hours poor pay bad management
Horribly organized, no respect for PSWs
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 July 2017
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. The training was next to useless and they basically throw you into it blind, theres barely any communication or feedback with the PSWs from the supervisor/coordinators, you basically feel like you're on your own all the time which is terrible working conditions and also dangerous for the clients as well. The scheduling is incredibly disorganized and clients complain about it often, major lack of communication with the company and the clients.
They often lack info on care plans such as apartment number or buzz in number, so you're left to find this information by yourself which is stressful and shouldn't be left up to the PSWs.. how hard is it to update care plans and make sure all the info is there... very hard for Saint Elizabeth apparently. Also they expect you to call clients ahead of time (the night before) to inform them when you will be visiting... WITHOUT being payed for that time you spend calling, which surprisingly can take a lot of time. Ridiculous that they expect unpaid work. Do yourself a favour and look for another job. Also the pay is mediocre compared to other PSW jobs. I would not recommend this job to anyone unless its short term.

The only upside to the job is the satisfaction of helping those in need. Helping others is very rewarding work and its great to put a smile on clients' faces. The other PSWs are very friendly and helpful, good team ethic.
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
RPN (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 June 2017
I learned a lot about different nursing procedures at this job. I really enjoyed my clients. It was very accommodating to my life and definitely molded me into the nurse I am today.
Personal Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2017
a wonderful company that provide excellent health care service for elderly and disabilities.I worked in this company for several years already. I like their working environment.
Flexible working environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 May 2017
Working with saint Elizabeth gives you very flexible work schedule. Suitable for people with two jobs. Although it requires a lot of driving, you can plan your time around your schedule.
Pros
Free food during staff meetings
Cons
Driving around during bad weather and night
Great Workplace for a PSW
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 May 2017
I'm currently training in the HSW Program and so far everyone I've met from Saint Elizabeth has been so helpful and kind. The company provided me with an excellent opportunity for paid education and has no shortage of opportunities if you are looking to advance your career. I highly recommend working for them, they are an amazing company.
Pros
Subsidized education, lots of clients/hours available, great management
Great benefits and wages.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 May 2017
I was an in-home support care worker. I was responsible for helping clients with daily living tasks they could not complete themselves, such as bathing, dressing, mobility, etc.
I was responsible for maintaining my own schedule, but conflicts often arise when coordination would add clients that did not fit appropriately into that schedule.
Pros
Good wages for work done.
Cons
The driving was very hard on my car.
Teamwork, productive and much more ...
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
SE will forever be one of my favorite jobs. They pay well, and are very involved. Management is patient and understanding in all areas whether you be sick or need help with your schedule. SE is always helping you grow in your career so you can stay informed and up to date. They have great opportunities to further your education and will help you along the way. Coworkers are friendly, informative and helpful. Truly an AWESOME!! place to work.
Cons
$$/km instead of $$/hour for driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.