Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews

Positive work environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 August 2017
The independence of working in the community develops accountability, time management, and critical thinking skills. The support from co-workers, supervisors and management akes work enjoyable.
productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 August 2017
management very supportive, low hours though but great opportunities to grow and learn. They support in continuing education. i met a lot of people from different backgrounds
Pros
free education sessions, dinners
Cons
low hours
Amazing company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 August 2017
I absolutely LOVED working with Saint Elizabeth.
The staff are great, My supervisor was amazing and the clients were incredible.
I'd work for them again in a heartbeat if I could.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Not a very friendly place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 July 2017
Over worked under paid office staff treat you very bad no matter how hard you work you will never be recognized for your hard work they expect way to much from you ....you have no life as your life is just to make them money they don't care if you have a family or a life it's go go go even if you are hurt or sick they will sick your job on you if they don't get what they want from you you have to be a puppet to work here people leave this company everyday due to no respect from office staff so much drama in the office !!!!!!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Disrespectful and dont care
Disorganized, too much maintenance, not enough training, great schedule though! Good luck
PTA (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON11 July 2017
If you are looking for a place with flexible hours and a flexible schedule their great. Pay isn't good. Takes too long to attain a full time schedule. Very disorganized. You have to be your own administrative assistant and go out of your way to make sure you are receiving the proper amount of training and orientation. If you are not comfortable asking questions you wont know anything. You will just be a number and not a name. Well I guess a name but only for consent and legal purposes. Not my first choice. Especially if you are passionate about progressive patient care. The care given is to maintain but ends their. Good luck!
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Disorganized, too much organization, not my standard of patient care, not enough training, uncertain because not enough training
Terrible management
Psw (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON10 July 2017
Terrible management you are but a number when you work for this company! Scheduling is unorganized and poorly maintained with little regard for patient centred care. Management is inconsistent and inconsiderate with regards to work place conflicts supervisor are often unavailable and require that you deal with problems on your own. The pay is lower than other organizations with the same positions. Work/life culture is also underrated the company states they are flexible to your availability but as soon as you request to change avail or refuse to pick up outside your availability you are penalized the next week with no hours. Lots of cleaning involved with there positions too I don't mind light housekeeping and assisting with ADLs but I am a PSW not a housekeeper when you speak to management in regards to issues such as that you will be told you are required to clean even if there is no "care" actually being done! Think twice before accepting a position I wish I had of saved myself months of stress and constant advocating for patients that got me no where.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Long hours poor pay bad management
Horribly organized, no respect for PSWs
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 July 2017
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. The training was next to useless and they basically throw you into it blind, theres barely any communication or feedback with the PSWs from the supervisor/coordinators, you basically feel like you're on your own all the time which is terrible working conditions and also dangerous for the clients as well. The scheduling is incredibly disorganized and clients complain about it often, major lack of communication with the company and the clients.
They often lack info on care plans such as apartment number or buzz in number, so you're left to find this information by yourself which is stressful and shouldn't be left up to the PSWs.. how hard is it to update care plans and make sure all the info is there... very hard for Saint Elizabeth apparently. Also they expect you to call clients ahead of time (the night before) to inform them when you will be visiting... WITHOUT being payed for that time you spend calling, which surprisingly can take a lot of time. Ridiculous that they expect unpaid work. Do yourself a favour and look for another job. Also the pay is mediocre compared to other PSW jobs. I would not recommend this job to anyone unless its short term.

The only upside to the job is the satisfaction of helping those in need. Helping others is very rewarding work and its great to put a smile on clients' faces. The other PSWs are very friendly and helpful, good team ethic.
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
RPN (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 June 2017
I learned a lot about different nursing procedures at this job. I really enjoyed my clients. It was very accommodating to my life and definitely molded me into the nurse I am today.
Personal Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2017
a wonderful company that provide excellent health care service for elderly and disabilities.I worked in this company for several years already. I like their working environment.
Flexible working environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 May 2017
Working with saint Elizabeth gives you very flexible work schedule. Suitable for people with two jobs. Although it requires a lot of driving, you can plan your time around your schedule.
Pros
Free food during staff meetings
Cons
Driving around during bad weather and night
Great Workplace for a PSW
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 May 2017
I'm currently training in the HSW Program and so far everyone I've met from Saint Elizabeth has been so helpful and kind. The company provided me with an excellent opportunity for paid education and has no shortage of opportunities if you are looking to advance your career. I highly recommend working for them, they are an amazing company.
Pros
Subsidized education, lots of clients/hours available, great management
Great benefits and wages.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 May 2017
I was an in-home support care worker. I was responsible for helping clients with daily living tasks they could not complete themselves, such as bathing, dressing, mobility, etc.
I was responsible for maintaining my own schedule, but conflicts often arise when coordination would add clients that did not fit appropriately into that schedule.
Pros
Good wages for work done.
Cons
The driving was very hard on my car.
Teamwork, productive and much more ...
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
SE will forever be one of my favorite jobs. They pay well, and are very involved. Management is patient and understanding in all areas whether you be sick or need help with your schedule. SE is always helping you grow in your career so you can stay informed and up to date. They have great opportunities to further your education and will help you along the way. Coworkers are friendly, informative and helpful. Truly an AWESOME!! place to work.
Cons
$$/km instead of $$/hour for driving
Total Chaos But Rewarding Work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 April 2017
Management deals with the higher ups breathing down their necks a lot and so that frustration trickles down to the poor people breaking their backs to keep this place in business. I absolutely loved my clients and developed very strong bonds with them. I was very well liked by clients and received an overwhelming amount of praise from them and their families in regards to the quality of my work. I was with Saint Elizabeth for almost 2 years and received that positive feedback maybe twice from management. What I did receive on a fairly regular basis from the office was hostility for things that were not my fault, ie scheduling issues I would call or email about that did not get corrected and so visits were missed or I was late for. Or once I called in sick and they did not remove the clients from my schedule and a supervisor I was not working under called and actually yelled at me asking why I didn't tell a supervisor I was not coming in. My response was that usually they transfer me to a supervisor after I speak with schedule coordinator but this coordinator did not transfer me after we were done speaking but that I assumed that they had removed the clients because THAT is their job when they talk to someone who says they are not well enough to work their scheduled shift.
The job itself is very rewarding just be prepared to stand up for yourself often as you will be walked all over if you don't and be prepared to not feel appreciated by the company. My favourite part of this job was spending time with the clients and their families and the rare times I'd actually get to talk
  more... to my co-workers because they were all pretty awesome.  less
Pros
One of the higher paying home care agencies. Rewarding work.
Cons
Chaotic. Poorly managed. Under appreciated by the company.
RPN (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 April 2017
I really enjoy sant Elizabeth. The nurses are great work well with everybody. Great communication between nurses and clients. Our supervisor is great very understanding and caring. The flexibility is great.
Pros
Flexibility of the job
Cons
Community care hours are not dependable either there is hours or there is noe
great workplace
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 April 2017
this was an amazing place to work. I loved my job, but it is very depressing job. the people were great and went out of their way to help you in any way they could.
Pros
great place
Cons
not enough pay
Amazing efforts on management's part to communicate.
Registered Practical Nurse - Community Shift Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 April 2017
Our supervisors facilitate meetings in a way that encourage open, honest communication. Being a community nurse can feel very isolating, but I always know I have the support of my bosses.
Pros
One on one community care, I can give my clients what they need.
Cons
All night shifts. Extremely hard on the body/circadian rythm.
Great energy but beware
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 April 2017
I worked for SE on a one-year contract. In many ways, they've got "culture" covered: fun atmosphere, innovative thinkers, great (for the most part) employees, decent professional development, challenging and worthwhile work, etc.

Having had a fantastic performance review, I was abruptly asked to leave four weeks prior to end of contract. Money was deemed the issue but that makes no sense as SE is rolling in $$$. I was very disappointed, embarrassed and shocked and found out my own manager was laid off about a year later. Definitely not a great ending to what could have been an excellent experience for both me and the company.
Pros
Fun culture, meaningful work, interesting employees
Cons
Manipulation behind the scenes
Job Security and well balanced
PSW (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 April 2017
I have been working with the company for almost 3 years and every morning that I wakes up and get ready to work I still have the smile on my face that makes me always feel first day of work. It is because the people I work with are fun and easy going, there are no jealousy and bosing around, everyone is dedicated to their work and everyone is willing to help one another.o Also at Saint Elizabeth there are a lot of room to grow, the company wiill support and willing to give a hand
People don't leave jobs they leave managers
Palliative Care Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 April 2017
in healthcare, our efforts afford to be recognized, and generously so, as the burden of caring for others, their families and pets becomes greater than our ability to perform, and soon the job has encompassed your life to the point of no return

this company is about running a business and making a "not for profit" profit on the humps of the front line workers - the workers have to fight for every penny, every minute worked - nobody has enough fight

this organization should have all of its employees on the front line unionized

retention would not be an issue if RHPs were protected and paid along side the rest of our colleague in Ontario....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.