Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Team to work with
Service Co-Ordinator (PT) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 28, 2015
Pros: Good team effort in the office, interesting and i enjoyed the job
Cons: they dont have the staff RN/PSW to fulfill the commmunity service referrals
Very stress full job at times, due to the fact that they have a high turnover in staff.. Not enough care workers to provide service making staffing very difficult at times. co-workers pulled together. job satisfaction came from helping the community and problem solving
if one is desperate to have job
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: having a job if desperate
Cons: unprofessional management
over going major changes due to switching from non-profit to corporate organization, no work and life balance , low pay , high overturn of front line employees
hardest part of the job - lack of appreciation and professionalism, no pay increase levels for many years
most enjoyable part of the job - clients to work with , helping community
A really great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 15, 2015
This has to be one of, if not, the best working experience that I've had throughout my work history. To me it is not like a typical workplace environment, it is more of a family like company.
productive and fun work place
Support Worker (Former Employee), london, onApril 8, 2015
Pros: manage my own time
Cons: bad weather
. provide support to people in there own home

. I learned how to deal with diferent kind of people in a different emviroment

. I really enjoyed this job, nothing about the job was hard except for the winter weather in london ontario
Action packed work envrionment
IT Support (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioMarch 24, 2015
This company has been around for over 100 years. Serving the community and providing home health care. They must be doing something right.
very concern about working safe
PSW (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free goodies
Cons: free pizza
a typical day at work is when we meet for training or meeting the personal support worker are always happy. the hardest part of the job is transferring . the most enjoyable part of the job is when you make your client happy and they give you a hug .
work with new lessons and experiences, day to day.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 11, 2015
The smile and blessings of people whom I care help me to be confident & satisfied. Teach me new aspects of work everyday. Co-workers are so co-operative and friendly. Interacting with clients is most enjoyable.
It's fun to serve clients in the community!!!
Community Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: works independently...
Cons: driving is kind of a problem; especially when it snows.
My recent work experience as a community nurse of Saint Elizabeth Health Care involves the assessment of health conditions as well as the provision and promotion of wellbeing of clients by supportive, preventive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means. The task includes organizational and time-management skills, nursing care planning and evaluating, problem-solving, decision-making, documenting and reporting.
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 29, 2015
a regular day at work going from client to client
each client i visited gave me a new learning experience
management was good
i worked independently from client to client
I love my job
RPN (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: very friendly lovely place to work
Cons: unsteady hours
I worked at Saint Elizabeth Health Care for over 10 yrs. I loved my job and haated to leave but there was a cut in hours and I could not afford the loss in pay. I worked along side the ET nurses from Ottatwa, which was a very good experience. Very seldome did we fight about anything and if we did. \
If you are not willing to suck up to managment, look elsewhere
unknown (Former Employee), ottawa,ontarioDecember 2, 2014
This place is horrible. In the short time I was there I realize you have to sleep with the trainer and suck up to management to get ahead. Making mistakes in the place if you are not friends with management will get you out of the door with no questions asked. Even if the one mistake you made you apologized for it and it was an honest mistake. In a way im very happy im not working there bc if I have to work with a bunch of phony ppl again I will lose it. But kudos to the good workers that always took care of me, too bad management couldn't be better. Their training sucks, but they expect you to get on the phones and learn quickly even if you new. They never have any desk available when you start your shift, Will never recommend that place to anyone.
Good Company, Life and Work balance is fine
IT Analyst (Former Employee), MarkhamNovember 30, 2014
Pros: good place to work, stable environment, good employer
Cons: it helpdesk supervisor is useless
Supervisor in IT helpdesk, one of the rudest one I have ever come across,
-She feel that IT help Desk is not a help desk but soldires on front line and she is commanding officer.
- No knowledge about technicality at all
Excellent managment and easy to talk to supervisor
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Clarington, ONNovember 24, 2014
I began my career in health care with Saint Elizabeth Health Care. I enjoyed every moment working here. My clients were fantastic. I was always able to contact someone in the office if a situation arose where I needed assistance. I would work for this company again in an instant.
I enjoy working with the elderly.
PSW (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2014
Cons: short hours
I learned to take care of the sick, the dying client, learned to give them a bath , assist with feeding, shower, preparing their meals, making beds and changing them, even bed bath.
At first I was very nervous because I realize
the clients are very delicate and have to handle with care.
The hardest part of the job on my placement was learning to use the hoyer lift.
i am working by myself house to house, my placement was with co-workers getting to meet different race and nationality.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your clients, their little stories of how they grew up.
Productive, informative and fulfilling
Community Health Worker 2 (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: bus fare from client to client
Cons: split hours
I have learned the value of independence.The hardest part of the job is travelling from one client to another,it is split hours and short hours. The most enjoyable is knowing and dealing with different clients every shift,i enjoy talking with different people with different accent.
many social events happening each year
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 26, 2014
Pros: very good hours and close to home
Cons: no opportunities for advancements
Started work at 7 am and finished at 3 pm had very nice co-workers. I guess the hardest part of the job was the constant changes to our work load and the system changes often.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the social events and the hours of work
Your own paste
PSW/UCP (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: work at your own paste
Cons: be your own boss
Working with Saint Elizabeth Health Care, has helped me develop other aspect of my working habit I did not have before, for instance, Patient, Understanding, Compassionate and Sharing.
flexible hours
Visiting Registered Nurse (Former Employee), northumberland countyAugust 5, 2014
Pros: use of company blackberry, flexible hours, the clients
Cons: income depends on hours you work, not stable hours, no gaurentee
able to creat your own hours but company very unorganized, good place to work if you have a family
good place
Enterostomal Therapy Nurse (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 5, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: long hours
Good Place to Work

Good co-workers

Love my patients!

Need I say More!
Home to home Personal Support
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Port Hope, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: lack of hours
The company is well managed and is recommended by clients who experienced the competition.

1 2 3

About Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth (www.saintelizabeth.com) has been a trusted name in Canadian health care for more than a century and is a leader – Read more