Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad Management, Worst Training I've Ever Experienced
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 19, 2016
Working as a CSR for 8 months even over night at home and they terminate me saying I'm not a good fit!!!
Basically they change the protocols almost everyday ... so much confusion and as others have said the management blames the casual part time on call workers for every mistake. Co workers too were never very helpful...they are always too busy to help train. Save yourself the aggravation and don't waste your time...long hours and lots of stress plus they are turning the Private Pay department into a call centre...ridiculous for a medical facility!!!
Pros
Cons
Pretty much every aspect of this organization is a con
Job was a bit stressful but very rewarding
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 16, 2016
Great Bosses
Good Co-workers and work environment
Day was spent making sure clients had visits from the appropriate nurses at times specified by their medical requirements
Pros
staff meetings done at lunch with free lunch
Cons
lots of overtime
Like all jobs, good and the bad, more good with Saint Elizabeth
RN (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 8, 2016
I have worked as a RN with Saint Elizabeth for 9 years. Community Nursing is a challenging occupation, with skills required in everything from pediatric to geriatric, oncology, dialysis, wound care, palliative and everything in between. You work independently, using great assessment skills, but have a team behind you to ask for help.
Their benefit package is pretty good. This company is not for profit so the pay is a bit lower, but that is made up for the paid km''s and the oncalls.
Overall, this is a good company to work for.
Pros
Giving back to the community, work independently, one on one care of patients.
Cons
Driving in all road conditions.
Good first job
Part time Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2016
Learning is limit. You do not grow or develop that much. Work load and unorganized programs. helping people is the best part.
Good place to build the resume
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 5, 2016
Good place to build the resume, experience great projects. Enjoyed working in a team of talented individuals. Poor work-life balance due to lack of resources.
Great place to work and enhance your skill set
COMMUNITY NURSE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2016
Great place to work as a young nurse, very supportive environment with lots of opportunity to learn and grow as a nurse.
Very progressive company, using technology to benefit and further health care.
Very good staff
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2016
My supervisor is very supportive. Co-workers are really nice as well. It is very nice to work at Saint Elizabeth but I only got few hours shifts and I need more work hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not much work available
Great company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 14, 2016
I enjoy this company. I've worked for other home care agencies, and have found my niche! The employment is fair, recognizes staff, and is about growth and development.

The care that clients receive is second to none! We take pride in our work because we are cared for as staff, and it shows in how we care for our clients!
Not very client oriented
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 13, 2016
Everything is black and white. There are no gray areas. If the client is not happy with worker...........seniority rules not client preference.
Good place of employment , very client based , the rate of pay could be much better.
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 15, 2016
Co workers are great, a lot of driving around , clients are excellent , get paid travel time but not kilometers , hopefully this will change .
Am applying for a Clerical assistant / Stores
PSW (Current Employee) –  90 Allstates Pack way MarkhanJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day is a day i found my client on floor for more than 14 hours with food., I called 911, then followed by letting my office know
Stressful and Exhausting
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
This job is very high stress. Fast paced work environment with tight deadlines. Schedule nurses and psw's for in home client care and answer phone calls in queue system.
Excellent
National Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 31, 2015
As an employee of Saint Elizabeth for 7 years i have had many opportunities. I have been recognized for my accomplishments and promoted accordingly. Victoria staff are a tight, well functioning team with an excellent area manager who listens and assists all staff to adapt to ongoing change. The hardest part of my job is attempting to locate eligible candidates for positions in other provinces. My most enjoyable is the time i get to spend with the Victoria team.
Pros
Acceptable hourly wage
Cons
No retirement plan
Great company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 6, 2015
Wonderful company, too bad corporate nepotism is obvious in virtually all areas of the company. Very difficult to get in, very easy to get disposed of. One of my ex colleagues actually referred to the company as a prison. Pay raises are only enjoyed by management and their pets.
Quality, productivity, reducing risks, safety, and fun.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
A typical workday is generally flexible in nature since it's mainly providing direct care to clients in their homes; it then means one can work within the availability that is provided to the employer, and this could be modified occasionally to suit one's prevailing needs.
The main lesson that I learned is the cultural diversities which is truly representative of Canada, and this is a plus for me in my future career.
My present employer has a very good Organizational structure in place; this ensures quality,productivity, reducing risks, and safety.
I work with amazing people; they are cooperative, and are willing to help at any time.
The hardest part of the job is; a typical workday that is packed with clients that need help for mobility but do not require a Lift, this is not a very common scenario though.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I work with the Seniors; one could also learn quite a lot of lessons from them.
A job that enables you to connect with patients
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2015
Working as a community nurse I have greater autonomy in the way I treat and manage patients, I got to see your patients feeling less stressed and anxious than in hospital wards and at the same time built a close teamwork with a wide range of other professionals. The best part of the job is I had the opportunity to look at people holistically; where I had to be aware of their whole home situation, not only their condition.
Pros
Seeing happy patients that appreciate your efforts
Cons
not enough hours
WORST PLACE TO WORK FOR IN OTTAWA, ON
Service Coordinator/nurse/psw (Current Employee) –  ottawa, onOctober 14, 2015
This place does not care about the employees, they only care about how money money the managers make and their bonuses. hence: the high turnover rate! this place hires 5 new staff and 3 people quit within the first two weeks. such a stressful place to work for, supervisors and managers are useless and will always blame you for the bad things that happen in the company. SE is under staff in all and ever area (nurses, psw's, supervisors and service coordinators). co workers are nice people though. this place discriminates, they do not have any consideration what so ever, not enough desks for people to work, unrealistic expectations. while I work there there were two or three different supervisors because they either fire them or they quit without notice oh! and two managers left as well.

the paid is nothing to what the salary ratings says. they pay 16.50 to start, which is nothing compare to all the amount of work you have to do. their "raises" are 20 cents!!!

managers and supervisors give you no support at all, but hey! they do give you more work and more responsibilities with the same pay. you literally have to learn the job yourself, training is so poor! the worst I have ever hard in my life! . there is no structure at all! their system and computers suck! if you are working an 8 hr shift, good luck with leaving on time, because you have to finish your work so pretty much your day is like 9 or 10 hrs of work and they don't pay you these hours, they called it overtime!! which you can't never claim!

if you think you can do this, thing before you apply! the pay
  more... is not enough , trust me even if you live at home, go and work somewhere else. the stress levels of this place will drive you nuts and will destroyed your life and feel miserable. NOBODY IN THE CORPORATE OFFICE OR MANAGERS CARE ABOUT SE EMPLOYEES!  less
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
paid is so miserable, stress, not enough space, no support from managers supervisors etc.
fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
great company to work for, professional all employees are amazing to work with, management are great as well.. I don't realty think there is something hard about the job, as long as you do your work management will not be all over you
Did not enjoy working for this company
Visit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 3, 2015
I did not have a good experience with this agency. Poor management, poor coordination, co-workers were not team players.
Overall, I do not recommend working for this company as you will get no job satisfaction, other than the clients you see.
good job
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 5, 2015
good people good expereince helpful people good clients good service good location helpful people good calls good service good everything
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing

2.9