Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
WORST PLACE TO WORK FOR IN OTTAWA, ON
Service Coordinator/nurse/psw (Current Employee), ottawa, onOctober 14, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: paid is so miserable, stress, not enough space, no support from managers supervisors etc.
This place does not care about the employees, they only care about how money money the managers make and their bonuses. hence: the high turnover rate! this place hires 5 new staff and 3 people quit within the first two weeks. such a stressful place to work for, supervisors and managers are useless and will always blame you for the bad things that happen in the company. SE is under staff in all and ever area (nurses, psw's, supervisors and service coordinators). co workers are nice people though. this place discriminates, they do not have any consideration what so ever, not enough desks for people to work, unrealistic expectations. while I work there there were two or three different supervisors because they either fire them or they quit without notice oh! and two managers left as well.

the paid is nothing to what the salary ratings says. they pay 16.50 to start, which is nothing compare to all the amount of work you have to do. their "raises" are 20 cents!!!

managers and supervisors give you no support at all, but hey! they do give you more work and more responsibilities with the same pay. you literally have to learn the job yourself, training is so poor! the worst I have ever hard in my life! . there is no structure at all! their system and computers suck! if you are working an 8 hr shift, good luck with leaving on time, because you have to finish your work so pretty much your day is like 9 or 10 hrs of work and they don't pay you these hours, they called it overtime!! which you can't never claim!

if you think you can do this, thing before you apply! the pay – more... is not enough , trust me even if you live at home, go and work somewhere else. the stress levels of this place will drive you nuts and will destroyed your life and feel miserable. NOBODY IN THE CORPORATE OFFICE OR MANAGERS CARE ABOUT SE EMPLOYEES! – less
Fun , Interesting , Caring place to work!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: love seeing people happy in their homes!
Cons: driving all over
A typical day at work would have me driving to my clients house, getting them up and showered. After a shower I help them get dressed and put on any creams or take any pills that need to be taken. Depending on the time of day (lunch) I would make them a meal and make sure they have all they need. I do some house keeping for the clients that are not able to anymore. The thing I learned while on this job is never take your life for granted because you never know what can happen, always live your life to the fullest because life isn't actually that bad when you look at it!
I don't normally see or talk to my co-workers at this job as it is just me that is travelling to my clients. When my company has meeting though I do love getting to meet new people because everyone I have met so far has been really friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is going home and not trying to think about some clients because you start to become close. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that when I leave their home and they have a smile on their face that I did something good for someone other than myself. ( and I get to do that EVERYDAY)!
Aproductive day work
Support Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: applause from the clients i served.
On a typicla day, I would have 10 clients that I saved in different locations around Toronto. I would drive from one house to another even when the temperature was almost 35 Degrees Celcius.
I learned to be punctual and dedication to work which pays at the end of the day.
Management was always at hand to support us in whatever we did as the supporting staff. We always had meetings on the last Thursday of the Month.
Though we worked as individuals in different locations, we always communicated on the mobile phones the company gave us to use for logging in and out whenever we started our shifts and when we finished. So there was always that cohesion of whatever we were doing.
The hardest part of the job was when i ran out of supplies. Working with elderly people required extra care and therefore, we always needed more supplies in order to accomplish the task.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the wisdom I used to get from the elderly people(clients) that i worked with. It was really amazing to get to know how life used to be like in canada before as compared to now. How these elderly people worked hard to put Canada where it is now. I always find pleasure in whatever I do especially when its in the interest of the Company I am working with.
Quality, productivity, reducing risks, safety, and fun.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
A typical workday is generally flexible in nature since it's mainly providing direct care to clients in their homes; it then means one can work within the availability that is provided to the employer, and this could be modified occasionally to suit one's prevailing needs.
The main lesson that I learned is the cultural diversities which is truly representative of Canada, and this is a plus for me in my future career.
My present employer has a very good Organizational structure in place; this ensures quality,productivity, reducing risks, and safety.
I work with amazing people; they are cooperative, and are willing to help at any time.
The hardest part of the job is; a typical workday that is packed with clients that need help for mobility but do not require a Lift, this is not a very common scenario though.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I work with the Seniors; one could also learn quite a lot of lessons from them.
Meaning work and supportive, educational agency
Visiting RPN (Current Employee), Ingersoll, OntarioSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, autonomy
Cons: over staffed, shortage of hours
Each day is different. You never know what may come onto your client list. Who may be added as a new client being discharged from hospital or who may leave your caseload.
You are autonomous in your daily schedule and in your decision making but with lots of support available from management and co workers
I enjoy having such a direct interaction and effect on the clients health care. Advocating, teaching, supporting and assisting them through very difficult times and accessing other necessary resources
The hardest part of the job is saying good bye to the palliative client
The most enjoyable part is really seeing your clients as individuals in their home environment.
I have had the opportunity to learn many added skills and really learn about humanity.
If you are not willing to suck up to managment, look elsewhere
unknown (Former Employee), ottawa,ontarioDecember 2, 2014
This place is horrible. In the short time I was there I realize you have to sleep with the trainer and suck up to management to get ahead. Making mistakes in the place if you are not friends with management will get you out of the door with no questions asked. Even if the one mistake you made you apologized for it and it was an honest mistake. In a way im very happy im not working there bc if I have to work with a bunch of phony ppl again I will lose it. But kudos to the good workers that always took care of me, too bad management couldn't be better. Their training sucks, but they expect you to get on the phones and learn quickly even if you new. They never have any desk available when you start your shift, Will never recommend that place to anyone.
Productive, Hardworking, Compasionate
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 30, 2012
Pros: meeting new and interesting people
Cons: hours not steady.
A typical day at any of my employment were very busy. For Personal Support jobs my job was to make sure my client was living comfortably in the comfort of their home. Provided personal care, companionship, household cleaning.
Co-workers were great, great communication and organized throughout the company.
Most enjoyable part is knowing that I helped and individuals life in some way to make it a little bit or alot easier and happier for them. Enjoyed getting to know new people, working as a team or independantly. It was great to test my strengths emotionally and physically with each client. Each day is different with most jobs so it was exciting to see what each day would bring.
Unprofessional, company does not care for their employees!
PSW (Current Employee), Cobourg, OntarioJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They do not treat their employees right. Their wages are ridiculous! Making less than $600 in two weeks?! Their "raises" aren't even much of a raise as you can't even notice it on your paystub. Co-ordinators and bosses are usually very rude and are not friendly at all. I never go to social functions and events as I do not want to socialize with these people. Whenever there is an issue and it is trying to be resolved, no one decides to reply back to emails or try to resolve any issues. The people who are at the top of Saint Elizabeth do not care about anyone else.
I enjoy working with the elderly.
PSW (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2014
Cons: short hours
I learned to take care of the sick, the dying client, learned to give them a bath , assist with feeding, shower, preparing their meals, making beds and changing them, even bed bath.
At first I was very nervous because I realize
the clients are very delicate and have to handle with care.
The hardest part of the job on my placement was learning to use the hoyer lift.
i am working by myself house to house, my placement was with co-workers getting to meet different race and nationality.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your clients, their little stories of how they grew up.
Stressful and unorganize
Administrative Coordinator /Records Clerk (Former Employee), MarkhamSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: free food once in awhile
Cons: unprofessional
Working in Saint Elizabeth is so much pressure. Even they hired you to a specific position they wont care how busy you are on your specific job they need to pull you out and help you cover other people's job. That is the reason why some people cannot finish their deadline because they are covering other position. They dont care about their employee all they care is to bring money and have a lot of client knowing that the health care service that they render is not really as proficient as it shows in the papers
At first glance, a great place to work...
RN (Former Employee), Wellington County, ONJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: community care - clients are great
Cons: lack of consistent leadership.
For a not for profit organization, at first you think by are very supportive of nurses and that they are innovative and progressive, however, you quickly come to find that they really are more interested in the tax break for the charitable side of the organization. The prioroty isn't putting monies into providing excellent client care by supporting their nurses and managers appropriately. RPNs are held back to a lesser range of skills than at other home care organization and this creates an unchallenging work environment over time. Very unpleasant work environment.
St.Elizabeth is just an all around great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioOctober 23, 2013
I enjoyed everything about my employment at St.Elizabeth. The management was always there whenever needed, from the smallest thing to the biggest. A typical day at work was going from client to client and helping them with their every day needs. The hardest part of the job was really nothing, I liked the challenges that some clients provided. When we came to an agreement between the client and myself it was rewarding for all involved. The most enjoyable part was helping the client in any way possible.
Nice place to work, variable patient issues to care for.
RPN (visiting program) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2013
Pros: training is regularly provided.
Cons: lots of driving
Good place to work. Visiting community nursing is nice work
and you really do feel that you have accomplished something by the end of your day.
Regular training is provided, and is well done. The administration
want to keep the staff happy, and listens to the staff.
Lots of driving, so be aware of that.
Co-workers are helpful and friendly. You do get to see them every week during the staff meeting.
Met lots of great people who needed care, it was a pleasure to help them.
A job that enables you to connect with patients
Community Nurse (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Seeing happy patients that appreciate your efforts
Cons: not enough hours
Working as a community nurse I have greater autonomy in the way I treat and manage patients, I got to see your patients feeling less stressed and anxious than in hospital wards and at the same time built a close teamwork with a wide range of other professionals. The best part of the job is I had the opportunity to look at people holistically; where I had to be aware of their whole home situation, not only their condition.
Excellent
National Recruitment (Current Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 31, 2015
Pros: Acceptable hourly wage
Cons: No retirement plan
As an employee of Saint Elizabeth for 7 years i have had many opportunities. I have been recognized for my accomplishments and promoted accordingly. Victoria staff are a tight, well functioning team with an excellent area manager who listens and assists all staff to adapt to ongoing change. The hardest part of my job is attempting to locate eligible candidates for positions in other provinces. My most enjoyable is the time i get to spend with the Victoria team.
I love what I do!
PSW (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 23, 2015
I'm so glad I decided to get into the medical field. I've always had a passion for people however I didn't accomplish my goals early in life. I discovered other opportunities but finally fulfilled my wishes to complete the RPN program. I enjoy working as a PSW but I needed more responsibility. I enjoy the one on one care that I provide, and I've not had a family tell me they didn't want to see me again to care for them - that makes me feel really good.
It's fun to serve clients in the community!!!
Community Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: works independently...
Cons: driving is kind of a problem; especially when it snows.
My recent work experience as a community nurse of Saint Elizabeth Health Care involves the assessment of health conditions as well as the provision and promotion of wellbeing of clients by supportive, preventive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means. The task includes organizational and time-management skills, nursing care planning and evaluating, problem-solving, decision-making, documenting and reporting.
Good Team to work with
Service Co-Ordinator (PT) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 28, 2015
Pros: Good team effort in the office, interesting and i enjoyed the job
Cons: they dont have the staff RN/PSW to fulfill the commmunity service referrals
Very stress full job at times, due to the fact that they have a high turnover in staff.. Not enough care workers to provide service making staffing very difficult at times. co-workers pulled together. job satisfaction came from helping the community and problem solving
if one is desperate to have job
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: having a job if desperate
Cons: unprofessional management
over going major changes due to switching from non-profit to corporate organization, no work and life balance , low pay , high overturn of front line employees
hardest part of the job - lack of appreciation and professionalism, no pay increase levels for many years
most enjoyable part of the job - clients to work with , helping community
I love my job
RPN (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: very friendly lovely place to work
Cons: unsteady hours
I worked at Saint Elizabeth Health Care for over 10 yrs. I loved my job and haated to leave but there was a cut in hours and I could not afford the loss in pay. I worked along side the ET nurses from Ottatwa, which was a very good experience. Very seldome did we fight about anything and if we did. \
Headquarters