Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 14, 2016
I enjoy this company. I've worked for other home care agencies, and have found my niche! The employment is fair, recognizes staff, and is about growth and development.

The care that clients receive is second to none! We take pride in our work because we are cared for as staff, and it shows in how we care for our clients!
Not very client oriented
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 13, 2016
Everything is black and white. There are no gray areas. If the client is not happy with worker...........seniority rules not client preference.
Am applying for a Clerical assistant / Stores
PSW (Current Employee) –  90 Allstates Pack way MarkhanJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day is a day i found my client on floor for more than 14 hours with food., I called 911, then followed by letting my office know
Stressful and Exhausting
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
This job is very high stress. Fast paced work environment with tight deadlines. Schedule nurses and psw's for in home client care and answer phone calls in queue system.
Excellent
National Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 31, 2015
As an employee of Saint Elizabeth for 7 years i have had many opportunities. I have been recognized for my accomplishments and promoted accordingly. Victoria staff are a tight, well functioning team with an excellent area manager who listens and assists all staff to adapt to ongoing change. The hardest part of my job is attempting to locate eligible candidates for positions in other provinces. My most enjoyable is the time i get to spend with the Victoria team.
Pros
Acceptable hourly wage
Cons
No retirement plan
Great company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 6, 2015
Wonderful company, too bad corporate nepotism is obvious in virtually all areas of the company. Very difficult to get in, very easy to get disposed of. One of my ex colleagues actually referred to the company as a prison. Pay raises are only enjoyed by management and their pets.
Quality, productivity, reducing risks, safety, and fun.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
A typical workday is generally flexible in nature since it's mainly providing direct care to clients in their homes; it then means one can work within the availability that is provided to the employer, and this could be modified occasionally to suit one's prevailing needs.
The main lesson that I learned is the cultural diversities which is truly representative of Canada, and this is a plus for me in my future career.
My present employer has a very good Organizational structure in place; this ensures quality,productivity, reducing risks, and safety.
I work with amazing people; they are cooperative, and are willing to help at any time.
The hardest part of the job is; a typical workday that is packed with clients that need help for mobility but do not require a Lift, this is not a very common scenario though.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I work with the Seniors; one could also learn quite a lot of lessons from them.
A job that enables you to connect with patients
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2015
Working as a community nurse I have greater autonomy in the way I treat and manage patients, I got to see your patients feeling less stressed and anxious than in hospital wards and at the same time built a close teamwork with a wide range of other professionals. The best part of the job is I had the opportunity to look at people holistically; where I had to be aware of their whole home situation, not only their condition.
Pros
Seeing happy patients that appreciate your efforts
Cons
not enough hours
WORST PLACE TO WORK FOR IN OTTAWA, ON
Service Coordinator/nurse/psw (Current Employee) –  ottawa, onOctober 14, 2015
This place does not care about the employees, they only care about how money money the managers make and their bonuses. hence: the high turnover rate! this place hires 5 new staff and 3 people quit within the first two weeks. such a stressful place to work for, supervisors and managers are useless and will always blame you for the bad things that happen in the company. SE is under staff in all and ever area (nurses, psw's, supervisors and service coordinators). co workers are nice people though. this place discriminates, they do not have any consideration what so ever, not enough desks for people to work, unrealistic expectations. while I work there there were two or three different supervisors because they either fire them or they quit without notice oh! and two managers left as well.

the paid is nothing to what the salary ratings says. they pay 16.50 to start, which is nothing compare to all the amount of work you have to do. their "raises" are 20 cents!!!

managers and supervisors give you no support at all, but hey! they do give you more work and more responsibilities with the same pay. you literally have to learn the job yourself, training is so poor! the worst I have ever hard in my life! . there is no structure at all! their system and computers suck! if you are working an 8 hr shift, good luck with leaving on time, because you have to finish your work so pretty much your day is like 9 or 10 hrs of work and they don't pay you these hours, they called it overtime!! which you can't never claim!

if you think you can do this, thing before you apply! the pay
  more... is not enough , trust me even if you live at home, go and work somewhere else. the stress levels of this place will drive you nuts and will destroyed your life and feel miserable. NOBODY IN THE CORPORATE OFFICE OR MANAGERS CARE ABOUT SE EMPLOYEES!  less
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
paid is so miserable, stress, not enough space, no support from managers supervisors etc.
fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
great company to work for, professional all employees are amazing to work with, management are great as well.. I don't realty think there is something hard about the job, as long as you do your work management will not be all over you
Did not enjoy working for this company
Visit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 3, 2015
I did not have a good experience with this agency. Poor management, poor coordination, co-workers were not team players.
Overall, I do not recommend working for this company as you will get no job satisfaction, other than the clients you see.
good job
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 5, 2015
good people good expereince helpful people good clients good service good location helpful people good calls good service good everything
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
I love what I do!
PSW (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 23, 2015
I'm so glad I decided to get into the medical field. I've always had a passion for people however I didn't accomplish my goals early in life. I discovered other opportunities but finally fulfilled my wishes to complete the RPN program. I enjoy working as a PSW but I needed more responsibility. I enjoy the one on one care that I provide, and I've not had a family tell me they didn't want to see me again to care for them - that makes me feel really good.
Good Team to work with
Service Co-Ordinator (PT) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 28, 2015
Very stress full job at times, due to the fact that they have a high turnover in staff.. Not enough care workers to provide service making staffing very difficult at times. co-workers pulled together. job satisfaction came from helping the community and problem solving
Pros
Good team effort in the office, interesting and i enjoyed the job
Cons
they dont have the staff RN/PSW to fulfill the commmunity service referrals
if one is desperate to have job
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
over going major changes due to switching from non-profit to corporate organization, no work and life balance , low pay , high overturn of front line employees
hardest part of the job - lack of appreciation and professionalism, no pay increase levels for many years
most enjoyable part of the job - clients to work with , helping community
Pros
having a job if desperate
Cons
unprofessional management
A really great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 15, 2015
This has to be one of, if not, the best working experience that I've had throughout my work history. To me it is not like a typical workplace environment, it is more of a family like company.
productive and fun work place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  london, onApril 8, 2015
. provide support to people in there own home

. I learned how to deal with diferent kind of people in a different emviroment

. I really enjoyed this job, nothing about the job was hard except for the winter weather in london ontario
Pros
manage my own time
Cons
bad weather
Action packed work envrionment
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Markham, OntarioMarch 24, 2015
This company has been around for over 100 years. Serving the community and providing home health care. They must be doing something right.
very concern about working safe
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 13, 2015
a typical day at work is when we meet for training or meeting the personal support worker are always happy. the hardest part of the job is transferring . the most enjoyable part of the job is when you make your client happy and they give you a hug .
Pros
free goodies
Cons
free pizza
work with new lessons and experiences, day to day.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMarch 11, 2015
The smile and blessings of people whom I care help me to be confident & satisfied. Teach me new aspects of work everyday. Co-workers are so co-operative and friendly. Interacting with clients is most enjoyable.