Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Application/ Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2016
Had a very fun time working at Saint Elizabeth. The environment was friendly which increased the productivity of the staff, although i worked as a contract staff for the migration project.
Not worth the stress
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 2, 2016
Very high stress all the time. Management was never helpful. Found most to be bullies, afraid to ask for anything. Stayed over 10 years, hoping to advance, never did happen, but never had a bad review, was always rated one of the highest in my position. But they had no problem watching me walk away.
Advancement in this company is limited. Hardest part was the workload and not having the resources to be able to do my job properly.
Company was very client based which is good, but really does not care for their employees.
Pros
client based
Cons
Never having resources to do job, and have more piled on.
Horrible Management!!!!
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 24, 2016
This is a wonderful non-profit organization, the care they provide for the clients are amazing. the field staff; nurses, psw and therapist are wonderful. The only issue is actually working in the office. The management is the worst! The Supervisor was not supportive of the admin staff, there was no confidentiality with admin staff and management, a lot of blame was placed on the admin staff. No unity, a lot of back biting. Very stressful work environment. A lot of lies, scheming between the management/supervisor. Staff was basically set up for failure. No accountability with the management team. It was almost like management was against the admin staff, not wanting come up with solutions to fix issues. Some employees were paid more that others, regardless of senority, when this was brought management lied to staff. There was a lot of favoritism, a lot of vindictive behavior from the management staff. Overall working at Saint Elizabeth was a dream of mine, as Honoring the human face of health care was something I took pride in. Unfortunately this particular office tainted my love of working in the administrative side of Health care. Hopefully the with new management staff this office could keep that mission statement alive. I hope!
Pros
I met some awesome field staff along the way!
Cons
horrible working environment.
Bad Management, Worst Training I've Ever Experienced
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 19, 2016
Working as a CSR for 8 months even over night at home and they terminate me saying I'm not a good fit!!!
Basically they change the protocols almost everyday ... so much confusion and as others have said the management blames the casual part time on call workers for every mistake. Co workers too were never very helpful...they are always too busy to help train. Save yourself the aggravation and don't waste your time...long hours and lots of stress plus they are turning the Private Pay department into a call centre...ridiculous for a medical facility!!!
Pros
Cons
Pretty much every aspect of this organization is a con
Job was a bit stressful but very rewarding
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 16, 2016
Great Bosses
Good Co-workers and work environment
Day was spent making sure clients had visits from the appropriate nurses at times specified by their medical requirements
Pros
staff meetings done at lunch with free lunch
Cons
lots of overtime
amazing company to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 14, 2016
was hired upon graduating from psw program. took the bus to all clients while employed .loved the people , staff , management and the benefits package . hours were steady and travel was crazy at times but i now drive and would love to go back to such an amazing company.
Like all jobs, good and the bad, more good with Saint Elizabeth
RN (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 8, 2016
I have worked as a RN with Saint Elizabeth for 9 years. Community Nursing is a challenging occupation, with skills required in everything from pediatric to geriatric, oncology, dialysis, wound care, palliative and everything in between. You work independently, using great assessment skills, but have a team behind you to ask for help.
Their benefit package is pretty good. This company is not for profit so the pay is a bit lower, but that is made up for the paid km''s and the oncalls.
Overall, this is a good company to work for.
Pros
Giving back to the community, work independently, one on one care of patients.
Cons
Driving in all road conditions.
Good first job
Part time Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2016
Learning is limit. You do not grow or develop that much. Work load and unorganized programs. helping people is the best part.
Good place to build the resume
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 5, 2016
Good place to build the resume, experience great projects. Enjoyed working in a team of talented individuals. Poor work-life balance due to lack of resources.
Great place to work and enhance your skill set
COMMUNITY NURSE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2016
Great place to work as a young nurse, very supportive environment with lots of opportunity to learn and grow as a nurse.
Very progressive company, using technology to benefit and further health care.
Very good staff
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2016
My supervisor is very supportive. Co-workers are really nice as well. It is very nice to work at Saint Elizabeth but I only got few hours shifts and I need more work hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not much work available
Great company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 14, 2016
I enjoy this company. I've worked for other home care agencies, and have found my niche! The employment is fair, recognizes staff, and is about growth and development.

The care that clients receive is second to none! We take pride in our work because we are cared for as staff, and it shows in how we care for our clients!
Not very client oriented
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 13, 2016
Everything is black and white. There are no gray areas. If the client is not happy with worker...........seniority rules not client preference.
Good place of employment , very client based , the rate of pay could be much better.
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 15, 2016
Co workers are great, a lot of driving around , clients are excellent , get paid travel time but not kilometers , hopefully this will change .
Am applying for a Clerical assistant / Stores
PSW (Current Employee) –  90 Allstates Pack way MarkhanJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day is a day i found my client on floor for more than 14 hours with food., I called 911, then followed by letting my office know
Stressful and Exhausting
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
This job is very high stress. Fast paced work environment with tight deadlines. Schedule nurses and psw's for in home client care and answer phone calls in queue system.
Excellent
National Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 31, 2015
As an employee of Saint Elizabeth for 7 years i have had many opportunities. I have been recognized for my accomplishments and promoted accordingly. Victoria staff are a tight, well functioning team with an excellent area manager who listens and assists all staff to adapt to ongoing change. The hardest part of my job is attempting to locate eligible candidates for positions in other provinces. My most enjoyable is the time i get to spend with the Victoria team.
Pros
Acceptable hourly wage
Cons
No retirement plan
Great company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 6, 2015
Wonderful company, too bad corporate nepotism is obvious in virtually all areas of the company. Very difficult to get in, very easy to get disposed of. One of my ex colleagues actually referred to the company as a prison. Pay raises are only enjoyed by management and their pets.
Quality, productivity, reducing risks, safety, and fun.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
A typical workday is generally flexible in nature since it's mainly providing direct care to clients in their homes; it then means one can work within the availability that is provided to the employer, and this could be modified occasionally to suit one's prevailing needs.
The main lesson that I learned is the cultural diversities which is truly representative of Canada, and this is a plus for me in my future career.
My present employer has a very good Organizational structure in place; this ensures quality,productivity, reducing risks, and safety.
I work with amazing people; they are cooperative, and are willing to help at any time.
The hardest part of the job is; a typical workday that is packed with clients that need help for mobility but do not require a Lift, this is not a very common scenario though.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I work with the Seniors; one could also learn quite a lot of lessons from them.
A job that enables you to connect with patients
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2015
Working as a community nurse I have greater autonomy in the way I treat and manage patients, I got to see your patients feeling less stressed and anxious than in hospital wards and at the same time built a close teamwork with a wide range of other professionals. The best part of the job is I had the opportunity to look at people holistically; where I had to be aware of their whole home situation, not only their condition.
Pros
Seeing happy patients that appreciate your efforts
Cons
not enough hours

2.9