Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Your own paste
PSW/UCP (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: work at your own paste
Cons: be your own boss
Working with Saint Elizabeth Health Care, has helped me develop other aspect of my working habit I did not have before, for instance, Patient, Understanding, Compassionate and Sharing.
flexible hours
Visiting Registered Nurse (Former Employee), northumberland countyAugust 5, 2014
Pros: use of company blackberry, flexible hours, the clients
Cons: income depends on hours you work, not stable hours, no gaurentee
able to creat your own hours but company very unorganized, good place to work if you have a family
good place
Enterostomal Therapy Nurse (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 5, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: long hours
Good Place to Work

Good co-workers

Love my patients!

Need I say More!
Home to home Personal Support
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Port Hope, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: lack of hours
The company is well managed and is recommended by clients who experienced the competition.
Many opportunities available for continuing and advancing skills
Visiting Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: unpredictable work schedule
Over all a nice job. Many opportunities available to expand my horizons, increase and advance my nursing skills on a daily basis as well as meet new people from many cultures. Problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills are a must for this job.
Great people
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 12, 2014
Great people to work with. Great work and family balance. Too bad the pay isn't better.
company not fun clients were great
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: meeting diffferent people
Cons: not time to eat
I was helping seniors in their home. And I have meet alot of different people, and some of the stories of their lives from the past was very exciting to me to hear.
I have done everything from giving showers to cleaning house.
Great Company to work for!
Part time RPN (Current Employee), Kemptville OnFebruary 1, 2014
Saint Elizabeth does as much as they possibly can for all of their employees. Continuous learning is important to them and is very important to myself. For my first nursing position this is a great place to start.
Very fast paced, high demand position
Service Coordinator, Central Delivery Centre (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioJanuary 24, 2014
Coordinated multiple front line workers on daily / weekly basis with constantly changing deadlines and demands
Fun , Interesting , Caring place to work!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: love seeing people happy in their homes!
Cons: driving all over
A typical day at work would have me driving to my clients house, getting them up and showered. After a shower I help them get dressed and put on any creams or take any pills that need to be taken. Depending on the time of day (lunch) I would make them a meal and make sure they have all they need. I do some house keeping for the clients that are not – more... able to anymore. The thing I learned while on this job is never take your life for granted because you never know what can happen, always live your life to the fullest because life isn't actually that bad when you look at it!
I don't normally see or talk to my co-workers at this job as it is just me that is travelling to my clients. When my company has meeting though I do love getting to meet new people because everyone I have met so far has been really friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is going home and not trying to think about some clients because you start to become close. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that when I leave their home and they have a smile on their face that I did something good for someone other than myself. ( and I get to do that EVERYDAY)! – less
Evolving
Part-time Visiting Nurse (Current Employee), Whitby, ONDecember 6, 2013
Pros: time flexibility
Cons: excessive driving
Great place to work, always travelling to different clients. Rarely see co-workers unless its a school clinic. The most enjoyable part of the job is wound repair. Hardest part of the job is being powerless in the face of impending death for palliative and end of life clients
Aproductive day work
Support Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: applause from the clients i served.
On a typicla day, I would have 10 clients that I saved in different locations around Toronto. I would drive from one house to another even when the temperature was almost 35 Degrees Celcius.
I learned to be punctual and dedication to work which pays at the end of the day.
Management was always at hand to support us in whatever we did as the supporting – more... staff. We always had meetings on the last Thursday of the Month.
Though we worked as individuals in different locations, we always communicated on the mobile phones the company gave us to use for logging in and out whenever we started our shifts and when we finished. So there was always that cohesion of whatever we were doing.
The hardest part of the job was when i ran out of supplies. Working with elderly people required extra care and therefore, we always needed more supplies in order to accomplish the task.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the wisdom I used to get from the elderly people(clients) that i worked with. It was really amazing to get to know how life used to be like in canada before as compared to now. How these elderly people worked hard to put Canada where it is now. I always find pleasure in whatever I do especially when its in the interest of the Company I am working with. – less
Caring and Compassionate Organization, Client focused
Health Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 2, 2013
Pros: education
Cons: long hours
Great work environment
Great communication with upper management
No work /life balance
St.Elizabeth is just an all around great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioOctober 23, 2013
I enjoyed everything about my employment at St.Elizabeth. The management was always there whenever needed, from the smallest thing to the biggest. A typical day at work was going from client to client and helping them with their every day needs. The hardest part of the job was really nothing, I liked the challenges that some clients provided. When we – more... came to an agreement between the client and myself it was rewarding for all involved. The most enjoyable part was helping the client in any way possible. – less
Meaning work and supportive, educational agency
Visiting RPN (Current Employee), Ingersoll, OntarioSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, autonomy
Cons: over staffed, shortage of hours
Each day is different. You never know what may come onto your client list. Who may be added as a new client being discharged from hospital or who may leave your caseload.
You are autonomous in your daily schedule and in your decision making but with lots of support available from management and co workers
I enjoy having such a direct interaction and – more... effect on the clients health care. Advocating, teaching, supporting and assisting them through very difficult times and accessing other necessary resources
The hardest part of the job is saying good bye to the palliative client
The most enjoyable part is really seeing your clients as individuals in their home environment.
I have had the opportunity to learn many added skills and really learn about humanity. – less
problem in managment and scheduler - rude behaviour
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 15, 2013
Scheduler was very rude and didn't respond. Management was also not flexable
Kudos to some really dedicated field workers and others
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 1, 2013
Enjoyed the challenges and worked with some great co-workers.
Great staff
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), windsor, onJuly 22, 2013
Enjoy helping people in their homes, great if you are an independent worker.
awesome place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), hamiltonJuly 14, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: pay your own gas no company car
love working in the community, you have more freedom to get things done. can take a break when you need it and even pick the kids up from school and drop off at a babysitter if you have to.going home to home you get to spend more time with your clt, its great.
Nice place to work, variable patient issues to care for.
RPN (visiting program) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2013
Pros: training is regularly provided.
Cons: lots of driving
Good place to work. Visiting community nursing is nice work
and you really do feel that you have accomplished something by the end of your day.
Regular training is provided, and is well done. The administration
want to keep the staff happy, and listens to the staff.
Lots of driving, so be aware of that.
Co-workers are helpful and friendly. You do get – more... to see them every week during the staff meeting.
Met lots of great people who needed care, it was a pleasure to help them. – less

1 2 3

About Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Saint Elizabeth (www.saintelizabeth.com) has been a trusted name in Canadian health care for more than a century and is a leader – Read more