Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center

Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Work Environment
Patient and Equipment Transporter (Current Employee), Boise, IDJune 16, 2014
A typical day as a transporter includes 10+ miles of walking around the hospital interacting with patients, nurses, and doctors. A lot of heavy lifting and pushing heavy beds and carts.
Confidential, personable, detail focused, professional, dependable
Lead Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 3, 2014
Throughout my years of experience in the medical field, I have consistently exceeded projections, gaining a reputation as an expert with the ability to calmly and professionally deal with all levels of patient issues, from financial conversations to helping them to remain calm in crisis situations. In addition, I ensure that all daily duties were carried – more... out in an ethical, confidential dependable, professional, safe, economical and timely manner. As an Office Manager I also ensure that my staff carries out all the business requirements with customer service as a priority as well as coaching and motivating everyone to achieve excellence.

My organization, and detail focus, combined with my professional attitude have allowed me to successfully gain valuable insight into how to ask the right questions of the patients, to ensure that their needs are met, and that I develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with all levels of the Medical family I belong to. – less
Nice to help our patients become healthier.
Supply Chain Technician (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: working with some very great people around the hospital
Cons: no breaks, rarely was able to take lunch due to labor shortages.
Receiving over 200 packages and 15 pallets of freight a day.
I learned how to prioritize my days activities.
Management was mostly helpful and pleasant.
Co-workers did their job.
Having no communication on expected incoming shippments.
Working with some very dedicated and professional people around the hospital.
Good Hospital but Toxic work environment in Laboratory
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), BoiseNovember 4, 2013
Pros: half of the staff are very nice people to work with.
Cons: toxic work environment and low staffing.
Overall St Alphonsus has been a decent company to work for but with Trinity health owning and squeezing the Hospital for every penny it can get it has become a very unpleasant work environment in the Laboratory.

Productivity measures implemented by Trinity health and executive management means very low staffing at crucial times, mainly the evening – more... and graveyard shifts and results in employees being extremely stressed.

In house patient testing has to compete with thousands of clinic specimens to be resulted.

Turnover is extremly high due to high testing volumes and toxic work environment. Favoritism by Managers runs rampant.

Currently the Laboratory does a lot of out of state hiring so beware what you are getting yourself into if you are looking from out of state. This floods the Boise market with Technologists and as Boise has 2 main employers for Medical Technologists. This can be quite a headache unless you want to move back out of state. The Directors at these 2 Hospital labs are friends and they do not cross hire for the most part. This leads to low to no raises and low pay for a Medical Technologist.

Hardest part of the job includes dealing with Lead Hematology techs who launch into tirades at a moments notice and use foul language in a professional environment.

Overall rating for laboratory environment is poor. – less
I work on several of the most interesting and fast paced floors of the hospital where I am continually being challenged and growing as a nurse.
Float Pool RN (Current Employee), Nampa, IDOctober 17, 2013
I feel that my skills are being enhanced and are growing daily with every new challenge that is placed before me on a daily basis. I enjoy the critical thinking and the opportunity to become a more improved skilled nurse through my daily encounters and experiences in the float pool.
Good job
Customer Service Aide (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 18, 2013
Good job, good pay. I wish that some of the night managers would go easier on the staff. We can only go so fast!
No breaks or lunches
Endo Tech (Former Employee), Nampa Id. 12th stJune 12, 2013
Cons: no lunch relief ever.
I went to work as a casual employee(work as needed) . I never got told it would be on call for nights & weekends till after I was hired. Never spoke to OR manager about job. Person orientating me never gave me any breaks or lunches... Told they took them when all cases were done. Payroll says lunch after 6 hours of work . Consider this if u r thinking – more... of working there. – less
Fast pace environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Boise, IdahoNovember 29, 2012
I have learned that the hospital can bring many changes to one's life. So many things can happen in a day at the hospital. My manager is great and very thoughtful of our personal lives. I work with great co-workers! We are behind the scenes of patient care. I think that this is the best aspect of the job. What we do really matters, even if the patients – more... have no idea what we do. – less
Very Productive Professional Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Boise, IDNovember 8, 2012
Pros: lots of learning opportunities
Cons: turnover in technicians
Great place to work. Very professional and educated people work within this environment. Structure and proper learning processes were always in place within the facility to learn the new rules and changes.
St Als loves their employees and patients
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Boise, IDOctober 26, 2012
Pros: fantastic cafeteria
Cons: really there wasn't anything wrong
Just a great place work at and company. They know what it means when to take care of the patients and employees. I would highly recommend future job seekers to look at this hospital for work. I am sad that I had to leave (personal family business in another state)
This is a great place to work!
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Boise, IDAugust 7, 2012
This is a great place to work, they take care of their employees!
Productive and Busy Work place
IV Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 21, 2012
Pros: occational free lunches, great staff, good hours
Cons: stressfull
A typical day at work would depend on what shift I would be working because I was part of a IV team that consisted of 4 people and we would all switch shifts weekly to make things fair. Usually no matter what shift you were working you would always make sure all stat IV orders are filled, or make them if needed. Once all orders are completed I would – more... beging working on my window fill which consisted of making all regular scheduled IVs for all inpatients with active orders. When that was completed I was responsible for batching medications frequently through out the hospital including the neonatal unit. I was also responsible for restocking the IV room and every other day you were required to take down all equiptment and completely clean down the IV room. I learned alot from this experience because when I was hired I was just a prn hospital technician but advanced quickly due to my willingness to learn new things. My co-workers were great we had a good bond and were willing to step in and help one another when needed. The hardest part of my job was depending on the amount of people admitted in the hospital your work load can be extremely heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in the clean room and focusing on getting my work done with little to no interruptions. – less
Great Organization to work for :)
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 1, 2012
Pros: days went by fast - kept busy during work hours :)
Cons: no breaks exept lunch ... :)
enjoyed working with patients and patient families and friends and co workers , forviding an excellent customer service experience ! :)
Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 13, 2012
St Alphonsus is a busy Level Two trauma Center in the heart of Boise Idaho
Nepotism and Narcissism
RN (Former Employee), Boise, IdahoNovember 12, 2011
The only way you will get hired here is if you are friends with a manager or someone in HR. They do not care about experience, only that you are able to suck up to the right people. All the good nursing staff, from floor staff to researchers, are either goaded into quitting or suddenly find themselves out of a job.