SAINT-GOBAIN

SAINT-GOBAIN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I loved going to South Carolina
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Saint-Gobain, 6105 Cynamide Rd, Benton, Ar. 72015January 2, 2016
Pros: Learning more about the process
Cons: Not having manufacture manuals for equipment.
A normal day at Saint Gobain started by going thru the email and looking or any problems that that accured the night before. insure that all mobile equipment was ready go, if not , call vendor to send maintenance tech for repair. Go thru all work request, and approve the one that be done. Alot of time is used planning work, ordering part, and working with production, and maintenance to schedule time for repairs.

At Saint gobain I was sent to class in South Carolina for maintenance panning/scheduling, as well as learning more about Infro EAM program. enter acting the maintenance tech every day, I was able to learn alot more about the machines.

The people in management were down to earth, and willing to help with any problems

I have to say that working with my wo-work at Saint Gobain was one of the best times I've had.

The hardest part of my job was scheduling the time of repair with production, maintenance, any mobile equipment, to the day that the parts would come in for the workorder. the part of my job that is the most enjoyable, is when all the planning, and scheduling makes for a smooth repair process, and the job is completed without any problems.
I loved my job
Sr. Lead Technician (Former Employee), Washougal, WADecember 17, 2015
Pros: Great place to work with great people
Cons: Poor management
I loved my job with this company, and would have stayed forever, but was informed that my job was being eliminated, so I was let go. Then they turned around and gave my position to someone else after I was let go. I still kept a positive attitude, because maybe it was time for me to move on to new adventures, because the company closed up about two years later, due to poor managing.
great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 16, 2015
worked from 5:30 am to 2:30.
Close enough to my apartment I go home for lunch

Generally like the people who work here

Good benefits

Job description will probably look good on a resume
Excellent college program.
Kiln Setter/Drawer (Current Employee), Worcester, MANovember 23, 2015
I started at Saint-Gobain following my High School graduation. Saint-Gobain offers an amazing College Program that allows students to make their own work schedule. This allowed me to attend as a full-time student, while also making a competitive pay salary. For every hour worked, Saint-Gobain compensated a bonus at the end of each semester to be used towards tuition costs.
On-time delivery of quality product and ensure customer satisfaction.
Representative (Former Employee), California, San DiegoNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Gifts and quarterly performance rewards.
Cons: Only 2 weeks vacations throughout the year.
Although the overall company expectation was high, but we managed to achieve it through team-work efforts. Extra trainings were offered to help improve performance and chance to grow. Introduction of a healthy and fun working environment through exercise. Safety awareness was a priority. I enjoyed working and learning from our great technical team 24/7. Management cared a lot about the welfare and continue to motivate employees at all times. I really enjoyed my work and was a great assistance to our customers because I had a variety of product knowledge and customer satisfaction was my priority.
Productive and good atmosphere work place
Projects Administrator (Former Employee), Dubai, AENovember 3, 2015
Pleasure to learn and work
co-workers are too good never felt strange
hard work pays in this company
learned more in to sales and technical part
very good place to learn and employees are too good to teach anyone
management are very easily approachable
no hide and seek with employees.everything is open to all
Very Challenging with limited resources
Reliability Engineer - Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Benton, AROctober 24, 2015
Enjoyable family-like atmosphere. Close working relationship with everyone at the facility. Teamwork atmosphere across multiple facilities.
Saint Gobain cares about employee safety.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Saint Gobain cares about their employee
Cons: No AC during the hot summers
You change your clothes to your Saint Gobain uniform
How to work with chemicals
Set up game plans with the needs of the customer
Teamwork everyone works together for the customer satisfaction
Researching and Developing
When you conquer a project in Researching and Developing. and start the product for sale
Great learning eeperience
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHJuly 27, 2015
Great team to work with. Busy fast paced environment. Learned how both sides of payables work. most enjoyable was learning new things.
Lots of over time
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2015
Pros: fair wages
Cons: Poor Management
Lots of changes in the management and there way of applying new rules. My typical day was none stop. I learned that there is no job security or advancement unless your a favorite.
Fun
Human Resources Administrative Intern (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2015
Place is amazing,
Great benefits, great experience and the people are unbelievably kind.

I worked in HR and dealt with people all day it was something I had not had this much exposure to but I feel like my skills have grown leaps and bounds from being here.
Nice company to work with
Process Executive (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 25, 2015
Pros: MNC company, well known, Brand name
Saint Gobain Grindwell Norton is a nice company that always looking for standards and safety of the employee as well as the environment. They provide good exposure to all the workmen thru various employee interaction forums and get-togethers.
Corporate business
Product Manager (Current Employee), LoughboroughApril 23, 2015
Large international business who focused on delivering product innovation by identifying the true customer needs and delivering against them.
A real good company
Leadperson (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay and Benefits
Cons: None
I loved the job. I was planning on retiring, but another company bought it. I was glad to get up every morning and go to work...
Great Company
Plant Finance Controller - Luxury Perfumery, USA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Diversity of products and types of customers, inclusive environment, reward initiative
Global industrial company without a rigide organisation. Diversity of products and customer segments. Exciting missions in emerging countries. Rewards initiative and innovation.
Process Technician (Former Employee), Faribault, MNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: breaks, working as a team
Cons: if you work with someone not safety oriented
It was a great place to work with great people. It's hard to carry glass until you get used to how your suppose to carry it and who you carry it with.
Lean Organization
Retail Account Manager, Roofing Product Group (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Lean organization asks a lot from their employees, but compensates accordingly. Immediate management was approachable and worked hard to develop employees. Senior management was concerned with bottom line and not employee development / retention.
Good place to work at for 15 years.
Lead Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHFebruary 5, 2015
It was a good place to work at, and my co-workers were hard workers. I learned a lot about the different business within the shared services division. A new ERP system was integrated which enabled the AS400 system I worked on to be uploaded into the system to pay the bills in a timely manner.
Great atmosphere and employees were helpful.
Country Manager (Current Employee), Ukraine, Belarus, MoldovaNovember 11, 2014
It is respectful of its workforce and offers a good work/life balance. Driven by manufacturing and customer engineered solutions.
Productive, Demanding, Challenging
Upkeep, operator, Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TX Henderson, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: benefits are lacking in some areas
Start the day making sure all employees were in attendance and ready for work. Made sure all employees had the proper PPE and tools to perform their daily task. Keep quality and productions level up and down time to a minimum.

I've learned sometimes things will not go as planned and you must come up with solutions to fix the problem.

Management has expectations and sometimes its hard to meet but this is what is required.

Keeping a balance with all expectations and demands placed on a day to day varying production levels

Ending the day with expectations meet and all employees worked safe and everyone gets to go home with a good work day and attitude.
Links