SAINT-GOBAIN

SAINT-GOBAIN Employee Reviews

This was actually the best job ever , , , it was the management that sucked.
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  MoundsviApril 29, 2016
The atmosphere was not comfortable. Very separated and hostile environment. Not team oriented. Schedule and ability to work from home was great. Pay was amazing. Good benefits. Kept me busy and always had opportunity to learn new things. This was the first time I working and interacted with an international company. It was a very good learning lesson. I enjoyed traveling to Canada and being provided that and many other opportunities.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Sad, sorry, and diffifcult managment. Not a Team environment
Good worker, knows his job well and always thinking of better ideas
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, MIApril 25, 2016
Is a good worker, gets the job done no matter the time needed, dedicated to the team and the company, Trained and received training in the time he was there. Company is great place to work, people and management are great.
Pros
Good Work environment, good team members
Cons
Long Hours
Sexist, nephenistic, stab in the back bunch of bullies
scapegoat (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
The pay is not worth not worth the headache or bullying.
You will never be appreciated for you efforts. Everyone but, management, is doing it wrong even though there is no correct procedure.
Pros
Management likes you, getting away with anything short of murder .
Cons
Management lost, blame their short comings on workers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMarch 10, 2016
I really liked learning to how to distinguish different types of sandpaper and to different destinations to where to send them and working with my coworkers
Pros
Good bonus and overtime
Flexible
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIFebruary 26, 2016
great place to work if you are in college, they are flexible with your schedule and if you go into certain fields they will reimburse you part of your tuition. I loved working there I wish I still did.!!!!
Edicts from top management often makes many positions very stressful.
Health & Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 12, 2016
A large company that tries hard to make improvements, but perhaps is caught in the system rather than the results. Their WCM program ends up being nothing more than a check the box activity.
Pros
Many opportunities.
Cons
Not enough emphasis on people development.
French and German Language Expert (Current Employee) –  Navi Mumbai, MaharashtraFebruary 8, 2016
Saint-Gobain is a very good place to work and enhance your skills in It sector especially It infrastructure and It applications . We not work as workaholics but have equal time fr enjoyment and personal life as well. A great balance between both.
Pros
Free Snacks, Gym
Cons
Lack of Growth Opportunites
Saint-Goblin is a very nice to work. Company good to its employees
Payroll Audit and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Saint-Goblin Corporation is a very nice to work. They just moved into a new up to date building in Malvern Pa. The company are very understanding on working form home if required. Management is open to making change if required. Co-workers are all age groups which is great because you are always getting new ideas from a younger staff. The best part of the job was learning new things each day.
Pros
New headquarters
Cons
healthcare
I loved going to South Carolina
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Saint-Gobain, 6105 Cynamide Rd, Benton, Ar. 72015January 2, 2016
A normal day at Saint Gobain started by going thru the email and looking or any problems that that accured the night before. insure that all mobile equipment was ready go, if not , call vendor to send maintenance tech for repair. Go thru all work request, and approve the one that be done. Alot of time is used planning work, ordering part, and working with production, and maintenance to schedule time for repairs.

At Saint gobain I was sent to class in South Carolina for maintenance panning/scheduling, as well as learning more about Infro EAM program. enter acting the maintenance tech every day, I was able to learn alot more about the machines.

The people in management were down to earth, and willing to help with any problems

I have to say that working with my wo-work at Saint Gobain was one of the best times I've had.

The hardest part of my job was scheduling the time of repair with production, maintenance, any mobile equipment, to the day that the parts would come in for the workorder. the part of my job that is the most enjoyable, is when all the planning, and scheduling makes for a smooth repair process, and the job is completed without any problems.
Pros
Learning more about the process
Cons
Not having manufacture manuals for equipment.
I loved my job
Sr. Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Washougal, WADecember 17, 2015
I loved my job with this company, and would have stayed forever, but was informed that my job was being eliminated, so I was let go. Then they turned around and gave my position to someone else after I was let go. I still kept a positive attitude, because maybe it was time for me to move on to new adventures, because the company closed up about two years later, due to poor managing.
Pros
Great place to work with great people
Cons
Poor management
great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 16, 2015
worked from 5:30 am to 2:30.
Close enough to my apartment I go home for lunch

Generally like the people who work here

Good benefits

Job description will probably look good on a resume
Excellent college program.
Kiln Setter/Drawer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 23, 2015
I started at Saint-Gobain following my High School graduation. Saint-Gobain offers an amazing College Program that allows students to make their own work schedule. This allowed me to attend as a full-time student, while also making a competitive pay salary. For every hour worked, Saint-Gobain compensated a bonus at the end of each semester to be used towards tuition costs.
On-time delivery of quality product and ensure customer satisfaction.
Representative (Former Employee) –  California, San DiegoNovember 12, 2015
Although the overall company expectation was high, but we managed to achieve it through team-work efforts. Extra trainings were offered to help improve performance and chance to grow. Introduction of a healthy and fun working environment through exercise. Safety awareness was a priority. I enjoyed working and learning from our great technical team 24/7. Management cared a lot about the welfare and continue to motivate employees at all times. I really enjoyed my work and was a great assistance to our customers because I had a variety of product knowledge and customer satisfaction was my priority.
Pros
Gifts and quarterly performance rewards.
Cons
Only 2 weeks vacations throughout the year.
Productive and good atmosphere work place
Projects Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dubai, AENovember 3, 2015
Pleasure to learn and work
co-workers are too good never felt strange
hard work pays in this company
learned more in to sales and technical part
very good place to learn and employees are too good to teach anyone
management are very easily approachable
no hide and seek with employees.everything is open to all
Very Challenging with limited resources
Reliability Engineer - Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 24, 2015
Enjoyable family-like atmosphere. Close working relationship with everyone at the facility. Teamwork atmosphere across multiple facilities.
Saint Gobain cares about employee safety.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 23, 2015
You change your clothes to your Saint Gobain uniform
How to work with chemicals
Set up game plans with the needs of the customer
Teamwork everyone works together for the customer satisfaction
Researching and Developing
When you conquer a project in Researching and Developing. and start the product for sale
Pros
Saint Gobain cares about their employee
Cons
No AC during the hot summers
Great learning eeperience
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJuly 27, 2015
Great team to work with. Busy fast paced environment. Learned how both sides of payables work. most enjoyable was learning new things.
Lots of over time
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2015
Lots of changes in the management and there way of applying new rules. My typical day was none stop. I learned that there is no job security or advancement unless your a favorite.
Pros
fair wages
Cons
Poor Management
Fun
Human Resources Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2015
Place is amazing,
Great benefits, great experience and the people are unbelievably kind.

I worked in HR and dealt with people all day it was something I had not had this much exposure to but I feel like my skills have grown leaps and bounds from being here.
Nice company to work with
Process Executive (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KAMay 25, 2015
Saint Gobain Grindwell Norton is a nice company that always looking for standards and safety of the employee as well as the environment. They provide good exposure to all the workmen thru various employee interaction forums and get-togethers.
Pros
MNC company, well known, Brand name