SAINT-GOBAIN

SAINT-GOBAIN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great learning eeperience
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHJuly 27, 2015
Great team to work with. Busy fast paced environment. Learned how both sides of payables work. most enjoyable was learning new things.
Lots of over time
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2015
Pros: fair wages
Cons: Poor Management
Lots of changes in the management and there way of applying new rules. My typical day was none stop. I learned that there is no job security or advancement unless your a favorite.
Fun
Human Resources Administrative Intern (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2015
Place is amazing,
Great benefits, great experience and the people are unbelievably kind.

I worked in HR and dealt with people all day it was something I had not had this much exposure to but I feel like my skills have grown leaps and bounds from being here.
Nice company to work with
Process Executive (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 25, 2015
Pros: MNC company, well known, Brand name
Saint Gobain Grindwell Norton is a nice company that always looking for standards and safety of the employee as well as the environment. They provide good exposure to all the workmen thru various employee interaction forums and get-togethers.
Corporate business
Product Manager (Current Employee), LoughboroughApril 23, 2015
Large international business who focused on delivering product innovation by identifying the true customer needs and delivering against them.
A real good company
Leadperson (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay and Benefits
Cons: None
I loved the job. I was planning on retiring, but another company bought it. I was glad to get up every morning and go to work...
Great Company
Plant Finance Controller - Luxury Perfumery, USA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Diversity of products and types of customers, inclusive environment, reward initiative
Global industrial company without a rigide organisation. Diversity of products and customer segments. Exciting missions in emerging countries. Rewards initiative and innovation.
Process Technician (Former Employee), Faribault, MNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: breaks, working as a team
Cons: if you work with someone not safety oriented
It was a great place to work with great people. It's hard to carry glass until you get used to how your suppose to carry it and who you carry it with.
Lean Organization
Retail Account Manager, Roofing Product Group (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Lean organization asks a lot from their employees, but compensates accordingly. Immediate management was approachable and worked hard to develop employees. Senior management was concerned with bottom line and not employee development / retention.
Good place to work at for 15 years.
Lead Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHFebruary 5, 2015
It was a good place to work at, and my co-workers were hard workers. I learned a lot about the different business within the shared services division. A new ERP system was integrated which enabled the AS400 system I worked on to be uploaded into the system to pay the bills in a timely manner.
Great atmosphere and employees were helpful.
Country Manager (Current Employee), Ukraine, Belarus, MoldovaNovember 11, 2014
It is respectful of its workforce and offers a good work/life balance. Driven by manufacturing and customer engineered solutions.
Productive, Demanding, Challenging
Upkeep, operator, Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TX Henderson, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: benefits are lacking in some areas
Start the day making sure all employees were in attendance and ready for work. Made sure all employees had the proper PPE and tools to perform their daily task. Keep quality and productions level up and down time to a minimum.

I've learned sometimes things will not go as planned and you must come up with solutions to fix the problem.

Management has expectations and sometimes its hard to meet but this is what is required.

Keeping a balance with all expectations and demands placed on a day to day varying production levels

Ending the day with expectations meet and all employees worked safe and everyone gets to go home with a good work day and attitude.
excellent
Senior Staff Accountant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Hudson, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Great environment and great helpful staff as we worked to solve a large backlog on unreconciled assets.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Laboratory Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Parow, WCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: could be able to interact with hr
a typical day at work-
Upon clocking in I view my email to see there is any particular tasks to be done advised by my mentor, supervisor, or any bodies. Thereafter I test samples of gypsum plasters prior made the night before. I then venture to the Plaster Mill where most of my testing and observations is to be done and reported to the foreman and Process Engineer.
what you learned-
I have learned alot in the short period of time, on how to delegate my tasks and give feedback to the respected personnel. I learned to work with people on various tasks and projects and how respect their opinion. I have learned to manage my time well as at some point I had to be in charge of the laboratory which include customer complaint and investigate for rectification. And without saying I learned to think on my feet, convey information in the appropriate format, to be apply my knowledge even in areas outside my expertise.
management -
I have learned alot from management,even at time not seeing them, and they even gave me the opportunity to partake in management meetings and conveying information to employees particular to the laboratory procedures and environmental aspects.
the hardest part of the job -
At first I found it difficult to management my time especially when I am assigned to do projects as my work schedule is time based. I have found to multi-task. I had to take criticisms and work on it as I am an impatient person, and learned to listen and learn to speak/do with grace to overcome this obstacle.
the most enjoyable part of the job -
To be able to apply my knowledge and obtaining sufficient results. To learn everyday something new and to be able to give realistic feedback.
productive
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 17, 2014
leaned lot thing like organizational behavior, working with team, and lot of knowledge about the market situations.
Fun working over there
Senior Analyst at HCL Technology Ltd (Former Employee), NoidaJuly 5, 2014
Its good to work for Saint-Gobain Client. Every task has a special procedure to follow before start of that activity. I learned many new things from client
Fast paced, fun Job
Certification Technician (Former Employee), Hoosic Falls, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced day
Cons: long hours
Customer relations, QA/QC, certification, and computer work.

I learned a lot about quality and customer relations at this job.

The hardest part of this job was the long hours,and the most enjoyable part was the staff and day to day operations.
Great pay, poor management
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Hiram, OHApril 22, 2014
Completely disorganized management. Not worth the heartache, there are better jobs.
Good Guidance from Seniors but less renumeration
Engineer - Projects (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 12, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, free lunch, free transport
Cons: less renumeration, top heavy management
Nice place to work. Good guidance from Seniors and excellent commaraderie between peers but a top heavy management is the only drawback.
Very challenging work place
Process Leader EPC (Current Employee), Palghat, KLFebruary 26, 2014
Interaction with customers on New requirements.
Leading Enquiry Processing Team for Technical and commercial study of requirement.
New Glass Furnace Designs and Proposals.
Interaction with sub vendors for resale materials.
Submission of quote and new proposals.
Working in New development designs.
Process improvements using Lean Six Sigma methodology.

1 2 3 4 5

About SAINT-GOBAIN

In 2015, Saint-Gobain is celebrating its 350th anniversary, 350 reasons to believe in the future. Backed by its experience and – Read more