SAINT-GOBAIN

SAINT-GOBAIN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Demanding, Challenging
Upkeep, operator, Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TX Henderson, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: benefits are lacking in some areas
Start the day making sure all employees were in attendance and ready for work. Made sure all employees had the proper PPE and tools to perform their daily task. Keep quality and productions level up and down time to a minimum.

I've learned sometimes things will not go as planned and you must come up with solutions to fix the problem.

Management has – more... expectations and sometimes its hard to meet but this is what is required.

Keeping a balance with all expectations and demands placed on a day to day varying production levels

Ending the day with expectations meet and all employees worked safe and everyone gets to go home with a good work day and attitude. – less
excellent
Senior Staff Accountant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Hudson, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Great environment and great helpful staff as we worked to solve a large backlog on unreconciled assets.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Laboratory Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Parow, WCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: could be able to interact with hr
a typical day at work-
Upon clocking in I view my email to see there is any particular tasks to be done advised by my mentor, supervisor, or any bodies. Thereafter I test samples of gypsum plasters prior made the night before. I then venture to the Plaster Mill where most of my testing and observations is to be done and reported to the foreman and Process – more... Engineer.
what you learned-
I have learned alot in the short period of time, on how to delegate my tasks and give feedback to the respected personnel. I learned to work with people on various tasks and projects and how respect their opinion. I have learned to manage my time well as at some point I had to be in charge of the laboratory which include customer complaint and investigate for rectification. And without saying I learned to think on my feet, convey information in the appropriate format, to be apply my knowledge even in areas outside my expertise.
management -
I have learned alot from management,even at time not seeing them, and they even gave me the opportunity to partake in management meetings and conveying information to employees particular to the laboratory procedures and environmental aspects.
the hardest part of the job -
At first I found it difficult to management my time especially when I am assigned to do projects as my work schedule is time based. I have found to multi-task. I had to take criticisms and work on it as I am an impatient person, and learned to listen and learn to speak/do with grace to overcome this obstacle.
the most enjoyable part of the job -
To be able to apply my knowledge and obtaining sufficient results. To learn everyday something new and to be able to give realistic feedback. – less
productive
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 17, 2014
leaned lot thing like organizational behavior, working with team, and lot of knowledge about the market situations.
Fun working over there
Senior Analyst at HCL Technology Ltd (Former Employee), NoidaJuly 5, 2014
Its good to work for Saint-Gobain Client. Every task has a special procedure to follow before start of that activity. I learned many new things from client
Fast paced, fun Job
Certification Technician (Former Employee), Hoosic Falls, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced day
Cons: long hours
Customer relations, QA/QC, certification, and computer work.

I learned a lot about quality and customer relations at this job.

The hardest part of this job was the long hours,and the most enjoyable part was the staff and day to day operations.
Great pay, poor management
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Hiram, OHApril 22, 2014
Completely disorganized management. Not worth the heartache, there are better jobs.
Good Guidance from Seniors but less renumeration
Engineer - Projects (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 12, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, free lunch, free transport
Cons: less renumeration, top heavy management
Nice place to work. Good guidance from Seniors and excellent commaraderie between peers but a top heavy management is the only drawback.
Very challenging work place
Process Leader EPC (Current Employee), Palghat, KLFebruary 26, 2014
Interaction with customers on New requirements.
Leading Enquiry Processing Team for Technical and commercial study of requirement.
New Glass Furnace Designs and Proposals.
Interaction with sub vendors for resale materials.
Submission of quote and new proposals.
Working in New development designs.
Process improvements using Lean Six Sigma methodology.
Terrible!
Management (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 21, 2014
Cons: uncaring management, lots of back stabbers!
The GM in Canada does not care about his staff. He said himself "I can put on a good poker face". He didn't take safety seriously at all. Get's rid of people easily. Do not recommend working here at all!
productive and Results orientated workplace
Management Development Trainee (Current Employee), Germiston, GPJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches during audit, you stand a chance to present to top management
Cons: no benefits
I have learnt different pillars that keeps a company running without waste,how to save costs,i also improved on my research conduction and project leadership..the employees enforce a good safe working environment.Managers are not only managers but leaders
great place to work. I was there for 38 years.
SGA - Manager of Maint. and Powerhouse (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 31, 2013
very collaborative workplace. Large company with lots of movement available.
This was by far the worst company where Ive ever worked. Ive never been treated like less than a person in my life. If not for the $ I wouldve left
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PADecember 7, 2013
Pros: the pay was decent
Cons: temp for 3+ years during that time no one was hired, i was hired i was told it was temp to hire in a period of time or if a permanant left, 4 left and still hiring was forbidden, unqualified people to keep the price down, we as temps were to bring them along as perm people were too busy, they did the same job as us!
This company is more worried about headcount and pinching pennies than getting the job done correctly and efficiently. They promised me temp to hire and the whole 3+ years I was there they never hired a single person. They treat you like absolute garbage. The people in charge are not even in the same sate and had no idea what we did or how. They talk – more... to you like you're less than human because you're a temp. They have 12 workers there and only three are permanent. We were forbidden from taking vacations unless the permanent people had been able to take all of theirs. WE were forbidden from participating in any extra curricular activities including the Christmas party only permanent people were deemed privledged to go even if you've benn there for years BUT when it came to getting the job done the "temps" were expected to give up their free time and weekends to get the job done while the permanent people were excluded from weekends and it was mandatory for temp.

This was by far the worst place Ive ever worked and have never been treated like less than a human being in my life. – less
good place to work
Operation analyst (Former Employee), Huddersfield, ENGNovember 14, 2013
Pros: good shift patterns
Cons: tedius work
saint gobain is good place friendly people how ever the reason i left was because the work is tedius and slow
working for the military and traveling a lot
technition (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHNovember 9, 2013
good place to work, always learning new things, very interesting Traveling a lot.
Would not recommend anyone at this particular plant
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Fort Devens, MASeptember 6, 2013
Cons: benefits are below average, management is self-focused, poor atmosphere for work
The particular plant I work at is very degrading with no prospects of advancement from within. It has a structure that places you in almost a caste system that is in no way positive. Work is so slow, this is a new plant (Oct 2011), because of the almost incompetent planning. One order in eight months that agreed was to with payment!

Workers that do – more... not preform (what little is required)are not dealt with just ignored and their work is placed on others. – less
Very good place to work.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), ChowchillaAugust 12, 2013
Mostly working with people and very good place to work.
The maintenance department always worked very well with the other departments.
Productive days, good management, fun place to work
Trainee (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPJuly 11, 2013
Support Analyst (Former Employee), São Paulo, SP – July 11, 2013
my typical day at work started at 7:30 until 5:15 pm with 1 hour to have lunch
When i worked in Saint-Gobain i got the base how to work in a multinational company and i learned a lot about computers, hardware, software, help desk, ITIL, Servers, Backups, remote access, wireless security – more... and support to clients solve the problems.
The management was very good you ever had a feedback about your job and functions.
The co-workers are friendly, i think when you love your job don't have a hard part of the job, everything is enjoyable when everything is working, because you have more time do develop yours skills – less
challenging
Shift Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), Moundsville, WVJuly 10, 2013
A lot of paperwork associated with the wcm process. Good bunch of co-workers. Schedule changes weekly and that's not a good thing.
horrible hr managment
Former (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 18, 2013
worst hr managment,
lousy place
This is one of the worst companys to work for.the managment and hr stink
i would not recommend this compy to any one stay clear of it

1 2 3 4