SAIL

SAIL Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace environment
Sales Representative, Sail (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day at the clinic started at 8:00 in the morning checking voicemail's and faxes from clients as well as WSIB claims we received that day. I found that I learnt a lot from this clinic because the diversity when I first moved to the Toronto area. I found it difficult to connect with certain staff members because they didn't see me as a co-worker but a day to day co-operative student. This disappointed me because I felt they used their education to their advantage. That is something I found very difficult to work with. The benefit of this job is I chose to better myself in the situation that I am placed into. I become more mature and responsible for my future. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning everything about WSIB and booking appointments. Handling the methods of payment and working hands on with health care professionals was by far the best experience I could ask for.
Nice play to work,
Cashier (Former Employee), OshawaJune 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: hours, distance
It is a nice place to work however buses don't run to often from north Oshawa to SAIL after 9 pm
Very technical knowledge job with a comfortable work environment.
Clothing and Apparel Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: excellent break room, understanding & reliable management
Cons: not enough shifts, dry climate inside the building
A typical day at work would be to arrive 10 minutes early, be on the floor and working 3 minutes prior my shift beginning. My duties were to maintain the department (make merchandise visually appealing and tidy) as well as help customers with any questions they had about our merchandise.

I strengthened many transferable skills such as organization, cleanliness, attention to detail and time management,

My co-workers were an excellent group of energetic people that were always ready to work and inspired me to work harder.

The hardest part of the job would be the lack of tasks to keep workers productive. If no customers were in the store, the employees were expected to be infinitely busy folding/straightening clothes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the rewarding feeling of helping a customer narrow their search down to a few specific products and find the one tailored to their every need.
some of these company reviews ARE NOT for SAIL
n a (Former Employee), oshawaDecember 7, 2013
This company is based out of Quebec, Canada. SAIL is an outdoor sporting goods store.
Get to communicate with great customers and meet new people
Cashier/Shipping & Receiving Associate (Former Employee), VaughanOctober 15, 2012
Pros: get to see first hand new products that will be coming out on shelves
Cons: cleaning up after hours
•Assisted customers with all inquiries related to promotions, products and services
•Handled cash and debit transactions including returns
•Leaded activities designed to promote in-store sales including shelf layout, point of purchase displays, and promotional events demonstrating my leadership skills
•Set up new plan-o-grams
•Maintained a clean working environment at all times.
New company with lots to offer.
Project Manager (Current Employee), ontarioJune 30, 2012
Pros: great culture
Cons: long hrs
great enviroment
look after their staff
customer focused
competitive
Environnement de travail agréable
Responsable du vêtement (Current Employee), Laval, QCAugust 31, 2014
Pros: on a des assurances collectives ce qui est très rare dans le commerce du détail
Cons: il y a trop de gestionnaires et ils n'ont pas l'air de savoir sur quel pied danser, les façons de faire changent beaucoup trop souvent, on a jamais de fin de semaine de congé complète pour passer du temps avec notre famille et amis.
Les gens sont très gentils, personnellement mes collègues de travail sont des collègues en or qui me font sentir bien et appréciée. L'ambiance global est bonne. Une compagnie ou l'on a des opportunités d'apprendre et de monter de grade si l'on veux avec le temps.
environnement de tavail agréable
Assistante-Gérante magasin (Current Employee), Québec, QCAugust 22, 2012
Cons: pas de weekend complet pour pouvoir avoir une vie plus agréable.
Le travail chez Sail est stimulant. Il me challenge chaque jour. Ma journée commence par une tournée du magasin, afin d’évaluer l’ensemble de la mise en marché. Redressé des situations qui sont incorrects. Gestions des e-mails et des différentes demandes de l’ensemble des employés et du bureau chef. Établissement des priorités. Le bureau chef est encore en développement. Beaucoup de points sont oubliés pour la bonne marche des affaires. Mes gérants et employés sont tous de bonnes personnes qui travaillent avec beaucoup de cœur au ventre. Le succès de notre magasin est en partie à cause de l’équipe fantastique qui y travail. L’aspect le plus difficile pour moi est que le superviseur de Montréal n’a pas d’expérience de gérance et il manque de professionnalisme. Il manque souvent de jugement lors de situations au niveau des ressources humaines. Aussi, je trouve difficile de n’avoir jamais de fin de semaine complète.
Je trouve mon travail chez Sail agréable, les clients et les personnes du magasin m’apportent beaucoup. J’ai le sentiment d’être utile.