Sage

Sage Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Treading water in a sinking ship
Software Engineer Quality (Former Employee), IrvineDecember 1, 2012
Pros: somewhat decent benefits & 401k, good vacation and sick policy, number of dedicated staff; nice office
Cons: see full review. company and management continually change strategy to cover up their mistakes.
Sage executives and management seem to be at a loss on what to do to increase revenue, so they harvest and sunset the money-making products, while still selling said products to new customers (are the customers being told the product for which they just spent thousands is being eliminated?), to force a euro product into the US. It is unknown whether – more... US business will accept or adopt the product because it's too complex and setup intensive. Further, the Euro product uses UI terms that are based on European financial terms; company abandons or won't invest in tools to increase efficiency; pours money into unproven products, bleeding current customers to support excessive management personnel while cutting the people that do the work; increasing costs to partners and customers with no loyalty or benefit of same; corporate mission statements promote quality & brand camaraderie while backdoor actions promote fear, uncertainty, low morale, inefficient meetings, spreadsheets, gossip, continual shifting of priorities; lots of finger-pointing. Employees are transferred to different products without asking them what they want, and where they want to be (employees took these jobs because they had a feeling that they would be laid off if they didn't). Salary & promotions not kept up-to-date with performance while higher pay and promotions given to non-producers or empty promise makers. Company behind the times in software technology in money-producing products due to lack or ignorance of vision, insufficient effort to maintain loyalty to customers and partner, and uses tactics like changing product names to increase sales instead of spending time and money getting the training, technology, and tools to be the best in the industry. Keeping managers just 'because' they've been loyal in lieu of laying off numerous productive, caring, employees. Woefully underestimated the move to the cloud and mobile technologies. Most staff who work on (or want to learn) newly introduced cloud / mobile technologies have to buy their own equipment (phones, laptops, ipads, iphones, etc). No test recording equipment so testers must do most testing manually, then write (in Excel/Word) the steps/data setup, and submit to one dept that sends it to India, who then has to send it back for review (and often revision). The test then sits on the shelf till someone has time to create it, but testers have to go dig through endless spreadsheets and documents to find out if the test has ever been automated (and generally, it has not)--why not just bite the bullet on a test recorder and automated system to save time and increase efficiency company wide? Ok job till you decide what you really want to do with your life, but if you value integrity, stability, commitment to customers and technology, keep your education up-to-date and be as loyal to Sage as they won't be to you, and I wouldn't plan on staying as long as I did. – less

April 23, 2013

Some have talked about how great the pay is. Well, not in the support departments here. For a working knowledge of computer troubleshooting of hardware (so we know it's not a problem with the software) and solid software troubleshooting skills, not to mention a basic knowledge of networking and network troubleshooting, then a basic understanding of accounting, then a SOLID understanding of a VERY large software package, we get 32k a year if you're lucky enough to even get hired. Everyone gets brought in as a temporary contract worker, and most get let go by April, the few that remain are often still temps 2 years later making $11.75 an hour with no benefits or vacation time or even sick time. I've had three interviews with other companies doing less knowledge-intensive support that paid $39-42k a year.

excellent place to work
EDI Support Analyst (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 28, 2012
Sage software was an excellent place to work great pay and great benefits.
Manager (Current Employee), AtlantaNovember 13, 2012
Pros: culture, flexibility, growth
Cons: lots of changes
Although there have been many changes with leadership at Sage over the last several years, it has kept Sage headed in the right direction. Many of these leadership changes should have happened a long time ago.
Volunteering at SAGE is a great way to give back to the community.
Volunteer Massage Therapist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: i help people feel more comfortable in their bodies. i help my community.
Cons: it is not full-time paid work.
They set aside an hour and a half. I come in and see three clients. I give them Acupressure massage sessions. The women that run SAGE are hardworking angels that save people on a daily basis. SAGE stands for Standing Against Global Explotation, they help women, men, transgendered, and trafficking victims get out of prostitution.The hardest part of the – more... job is hearing the stories (sometimes they are too upset to recieve massage and just need someone to listen with compassion), and witnessing the injustice of the world. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving wholesome touch to people who are in real need. My eyes are tearing up just writing this. It is a great place to learn humility and gratitude. – less
Great international company
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2012
Sage is a Great international company to work for with awesome benefits
room for improvement
Timeslips Support Analyst II (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 22, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: stress, company stats, call volumn
the job is very stressful, and the pay is not up to standards.
Productive and Flexible Workplace
Senior Customer Support Analyst II (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 7, 2012
Sage is very flexible with its employees and i would recommend them to anyone
Review
Senior Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2012
Atypically day at the office consist of assisting employees' with benefit and HR related issues.
Not very family friendly
Advisor (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 1, 2012
call center job, nothing special
no flexible schedule for family needs
Awesome Opportunity
Training Manager/Consultant (Former Employee), Across the nationJuly 30, 2012
Pros: r&d and development, working from home
Cons: they abandoned the consulting initiatives.
I enjoyed being a part of the offerings and development behind the Intergy software.
Old School Technology
Wise for Windows Installer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 18, 2012
Pros: excelent benefits and family atmosphere within the group
Cons: poor training and mentorship
Sage was a great place to work, It was a private company when I was first hired as entry level and I work with some of the smartest people I have ever known. They were however an old school windows/c++ shop with sql server as a back end data base. They did not have good training or mentorship so it was sink or swim. This could have helped alot in th – more... elearning curve. The people there were excelent friends and I still contact several on a regular basis. – less
Ever-evolving work environment
Principal Desktop Analyst (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 11, 2012
Pros: manager was very flexible with my time, so i was able to do other activities outside of work as well.
Cons: the commute (50-52 miles round trip)
Sage Software was the last of a long line of owners for this company, the first of which was Scinet, which is where I started in 1998. The job duties & titles evolved as we were sold to different companies, depending on the current needs of the business. I learned to adapt and to learn technology on an as needed basis, rather than what was popular in – more... the industry at the time. I've learned a great deal from others in the company, especially my direct manager who took the time to teach me how to do DOS, and gave me the latitude to learn new things like scripting on my own. I enjoyed working with employees I supported. Mostly, I enjoyed learning new things, in particular software, programming and database related items. – less
Awesome role
Telesales Supervisor (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 10, 2012
I really enjoyed this role. I grew up here. So far it has been my best job within my business career.
informative company, learned alot about products
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 30, 2012
Responsible for helping customers with payments and getting new service.
OK Place
entry level (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 23, 2012
OK Place. Like anywhere, it always matters who you work for.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2012
Pros: health insurance, 401k, benefits, pto
Cons: sick days, no advancement
Served as a Customer Support Representative who Implemented company policies, technical procedures and standards for preserving the integrity and security of data, reports and access.

Provided customer service for an average of 50 calls per day, answering customer inquiries, solving problems, and providing new product information. Resolved product – more... issues, shared benefits of new technology, investigated customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.

Worked under strict deadlines and responded to service requests and emergency call-outs ensuring a superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy, and resolving problems on the spot. Received multiple reviews acknowledging my level of dedication to excellent customer service.

Provided technical support for the healthcare division in Medware and Intergy Software. Responsible for continuous coverage of Practice Management incoming call queues to respond to customer inquiries as they related to our products and/or operating environments. Documented each customer incident in the call tracking system in a clear, concise, and understandable format and ensured all information is recorded properly. Escalated unresolved customer issues with all pertinent information included, to appropriate resources. Assists customers in gaining the most value from our products and services by identifying additional product or training needs.

The co -workers were the greatest bunch of people I could have asked for. We were all very close and like a family.

The hardest part of the job was when I couldn't help the customer immediately when they needed it. It was when I would have to rely on someome else like a third party software and there was nothing I could do to ease their pain but empathize with them and let them know we will come up with a solution for their problem.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be about the customer and making sure that I fixed them 100% and they didn't have to stress anymore. I know when the customer is upset its not me they are upset with. I do a good job on calming and letting them know we will have a solution to their problem. At the end of the day I know I did everything I could to fix the customers issue and it makes me feel good. – less
Great Company
Sage - Senior Customer Support Representative II (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 4, 2012
Sage Software is a good company to work for. Various task per day depending on your level of expertise. Management is great and on top of things.
Good place to work but you may catch a questionable manager.
Field Support Engineer II (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 16, 2012
Pros: medical starts first day of month following hire, 3 weeks vacation
Cons: management. hr policing of managers
Good place to work but you may catch a questionable manager. Job security is shaky. There were two reductions in force while I was there. I had a manager that I feel sold the job while not being totally honest about job functions and field support inventory.
Job Opportunity
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 8, 2012
Friendly atmosphere, very helpful co-workers. Management has open door policy and treats everyone as humans not subordinates.
Sage Software Now Vitera Healthcare Solutions
Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: good benefits, great people, hour lunches
Cons: short breaks, not enough training
Over the past 13 - 14 years my employment with the company has been one of learning.. The company helped me to expand my knowledge base and assisted in helping me to achieve my goal of helping my career growth.

About Sage

With over 30 years of experience and 6 million customers worldwide, we know a thing or two about helping small and medium-sized – Read more