Sage Employee Reviews in Canada

N/a
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 2, 2016
Generally speaking , Sage software is a great place to work with. It has very good knowledge base and fairy good training/curriculum. Company culture is also motivating employee to adjust work-life balance.
Terrible place to work
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 26, 2016
The management don't care if you're sick, they still want you to come in or it puts undue stress on other's which inturn get other's sick. No pay increase in over three years. You're hired as contract at first, which can last months and months. I received one bonus, which they put on the same cheque as your regular pay. So it didn't amount to much. You have to support multipe products with no pay increase. Unobtainable goals by management to try to get a bonus. If you dont get a bonus at the end of the year, you feel pretty bad for the next year and therefore dont try.
I wouldn't recommend working in Support
Bilingual Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 9, 2016
The job is relatively difficult with a fair bit of specialized knowledge in the Sage products.

The call centre is busy, expect to go from call to call with no gap between calls and dealing with customers that may have been waiting 15+ minutes.

The wage rate is low for the industry and for Vancouver and the management philosophy is to burn out employees in 2-3 years and have them move on to keep costs down. In my case, I worked there 10 years and received no pay increases or bonuses for the last five years. I finally left when I discovered that new hires were being paid more than what I was getting.

The vacation and benefits were reasonable.

The management in Atlanta don't appear to accept the reality of the Vancouver cost of living.

When I left, Sage was in the process of migrating positions from Richmond to Oregon so job security may be an issue.
Pros
Diverse range of call issues. Work days fly by. Reasonable benefits.
Cons
Poor salary. Disposable workforce management philosophy. Cutthroat workplace morale.
Okay place
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 4, 2016
Okay place to work. Beware if you make money they will do everything to make it difficult.

Getting laid off is something commun.
Many changes occuring locally with a shift towards our new Corporate Headquarters in Atlanta.
Administrative Assistant, Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 14, 2016
I have loved working at Sage Irvine. The culture here is amazing with colleagues assisting each other and a great feeling of courtesy, respect, and friendship.

There are many changes occurring within the organization on a Global level that in the end will benefit the company and the customers. Meanwhile the colleagues in North America are feeling the growing pains.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Disorganized leadership and lack of communication
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 16, 2016
I have learnt a lot, made many friends, love my job and the partners that fall under sage. A great place to be in, unfortunately, my position is being relocated to Atlanta .

There is future in this company and wish those remaining all the best
Bilingual customer support
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 4, 2016
Used to work in the Richmond Office, which is Sage 50 HQ in the customer support department.

Be prepared for a high inbound call volume.

Started in the company when many people working the help desk had actually 5+ years of work experience on the job.
Nowadays most customer support analyst on this help desk don't last much longer than 2 years
upbeat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 17, 2015
Working at sage was one of the best jobs that I had, being able to calm down a customer and walk them through their issue was and honor its hard to explain to people on the phone things in their software when your not there to see it. gets frustrating at times and when they don't understand you is hard too, the staff was great fun there was always laughter and fun but you knew when you needed to work. working with high volume calls can be a challenge as well cause sometime you feel you cant catch a small breather in between calls. but in the end you always leave happy never upset or anything else. I found that I would wake up feeling relaxed and ready for the day where some jobs I wanted to call in sick .
Pros
hours were great
Cons
people some times stole your lunch
Army-like command structure
Build/Release engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioJuly 1, 2015
May be because I worked in a branch, not at headquarters I have always had a feeling of a temporary, disposable worker, who is not supposed to talk back or show an imitative. The branch was moved and subsequently closed.
Cons
Dead-end job
Excellent Environment for Providing Technical Support
Tecnical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 4, 2015
Cool and professional environment and undoubtedly the best place to work for if you wish to have a career with best surroundings, support and everything. My co-workers are extremely helpful and my managers are very cooperative and supportive.
Amazing place to work and tons of learning opportunities
Supervisor, Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 6, 2014
I would highly recommend Sage Software Canada as a workplace to everyone who wish to have a proper work/life balance. You learn everyday and the opportunity doesnt end.
Pros
amazing health benifits
Cons
not easy transit option
Nice place to work
Software Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 10, 2014
Nice place to work.

I learnt to give a great service to customers.
Good training provided
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 22, 2014
Interesting interactions with clients allowing to learn and perform as a trouble shooter as well as solving problem quickly.
Great Company with great benefits
Supervisor, A/R, Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2012
My typical day is supervising my staff in regards to A/R, Credit and Collections. Dealing with difficult customers. Applying customer deposits and preparing bank deposit. Conducting credit checks and approve credits. I work with a great team and everyone was a team player. Management is very professional. The hardest part is staying very late at month end because I provided service for the Vancouver office and they are three hours behind us. I enjoyed the team spirit we had.
Pros
lots of pot lock and great people
Cons
long hours and commuting to mississauga.
Good customer service experience but quite repetitive tasks
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 24, 2012
Day at work : answering phone calls
Learned how to manage client anger and promotion skills, how to "educate" the customer.
Management was nice and helpful.
Co-workers were very nice and maintained a good atmosphere on the floor.
Hardest part of the job was to stay on the phone 90% of the day.
The most enjoyable part was the events organised by the company every now and then (Christmas party, new product launches events, etc..)
Pros
events organised by company
Cons
long hours on the phone
Good people, indecisive management
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 23, 2012
Production have become bogged down due to a change in direction, wrong management decisions. Good people are working really hard but not enjoying the fruit of their labour. Things keep on changing and not always for the best. My advice: settle down, focus on being productive - let programmers program again.
Pros
flextime
Cons
spinning their wheels, too many cooks, red tape, procedures etc.
Sage, a first good experience
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 1, 2016
Sage has enabled me to grow both professionally and personally and given me opportunities to work as part of a global team
Pros
enjoyable place
Cons
short break
Environnement de travail
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  RichmondFebruary 20, 2014
Atmosphère tres desagreable.
Manque d un bon leadership
Beaucoup de gossiping au sein du departement de customer service
Manque de clarte
Mauvais management.
Beaucoup d injustice.
Pros
repas gratuits, salaire bon
Cons
atmosphere