Sage is a dynamic organization experiencing exciting growth. Our products reach our customers located both domestically and internationally. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Applications Engineer / Technologist to be an integral part of our team and our future growth.
Sage specializes in the design and fabrication of modularized natural gas compressor packages utilizing rotary screw, rotary vane, and reciprocating compressors, including natural gas driven power generation packages for our domestic and international clients.
Sage is committed to providing an exceptional work experience for its employees focused on providing a continuous learning environment, positive corporate culture and opportunity to work alongside a team of industry experts with deep experience. Sage provides exceptional opportunity for skill development and career growth.
COMPANY NAME: Sage Energy Corporation
POSITION TITLE: Applications Engineer / Technologist
REPORTS TO: VP of Sales
As an integral part of the Sales team, you will be responsible for defining the project scope of supply for natural gas reciprocating and screw compressor packages including refrigeration and power generation packages for our domestic and international customer base.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish the most sound technical and economical product solution offering based on a thorough evaluation, review and analysis of customer process conditions and technical requirements
- Perform sizing and selection of major components including compression equipment and peripheral fabrication componentry and confirm deliverables align with project schedule requirements
- Prepare detailed scope of supply, cost estimate and accurate technical proposal for submission
- Prepare Turn-In Documentation to engineering on new orders and assist with internal project kick-off meetings.
- Assist in further improving the department efficiencies and quoting accuracy through the ongoing development of tools and processes
- Develop strong relationships with external/internal customers and key suppliers
- Attend customer proposal clarification and pre-bid meetings as required to maintain customer relationships
- Promote SAGE’s Vision & Culture
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in oil and gas industry preferably in gas compression
- Bachelor of Engineering degree, diploma or equivalent qualifications and experience
- International experience and understanding of codes and standards in the global markets that SAGE is active within will be considered an asset
- Experience with rotating machinery and fabrication of modularized packages an asset
- Experience working with compressor sizing software including Ariel, GE, Dresser-Rand, Frick Coolware, Sullair
- Good working knowledge of MS Applications (Word, Excel)
- Results oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet customer deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work well under minimal supervision and in a team environment
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
WAGE / SALARY: Competitive compensation and benefits package.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Sage’s requirements will be contacted.
All applications will be reviewed by Salopek & Associates and will remain in strict confidence.
For more information on Sage Energy please visit: www.sageenergy.ca.