Safway Employee Reviews

Racist, sexist, not safe, no job security, soap opera, liars
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 September 2016
Doesn't matter how hard you work, in this industry, it's who you know that keeps you employed. Women at a hair salon don't whine like Scaffolders do. The hardest part about this job, is watching everyone cut throat each other, then shake hands with the same person they were just bashing behind their backs. Good money, but you're only working here and there. The most enjoyable part of the job, besides going home, putting in earphones to drown out the social vomit.
Worst boss I've ever had
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB18 August 2016
Terrible and negative work environment. Thought I was going to see a fist fight break out in the office. Manager was degrading and sexist.
Very professional company that has many advantages and opportunities.
scaffolder (Former Employee) –  suncor8 February 2016
Would recommend anybody that has the opportunity to work for Safway to take advantage of it.the opportunity to further your education and to advance within the company are within reach and the company is very accommodating in helping you reach your long term goals.
Pros
salary.co-workers
Cons
productive and fun workplace in shell scotford
Scaffold Erector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2014
I worked 10 hr days Mon to Fri working with a 4 man crew. The journeyman pushed me hard to give them the supplies they needed for the job at hand. i worked in a tight atmosphere but i gained alot of knowledge and worked really hard. My coworkers were very knowledgeable about our job and explained things thoroughly about what we were doing. The hardest part of the job was hoisting up all the material to the pipe rack.. some were over 50 lbs and i would do that for hours on end.
Pros
experience
Cons
my first scaffold job
The safest i've ever felt
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 December 2013
Safety was number 1. Management had a hand on all production and i felt looked after, every moment of being employed with safway.
Good Family atmosphere
Scaffold Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 November 2013
A typical day consists of, Toolbox talks, permits, organize work, sheduling meetings, ETC
Good place most the time
Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 October 2013
I learned alot working here and was given alot of good opportunities, but the company has been heading down hill for awhile. Management has no concerns over their employee's and will screw over anyone to make themselves look better. They have a tendancy to set workers up for failure rather then find ways to make them a better employee
Pros
two on two off 12 hour days
Cons
Management Issues