Safway Services Canada – Fort McMurray, AB
Job: Sales Representative
Safway Services Canada ULC.
11237 87 Ave
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Four positions available:
2 Ft. McMurray area
2 Edmonton area
40.0 hours per week, overtime exempt
Wage: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 (commensurate upon experience) plus Commission
The Sales Representative establishes relationships with potential new customers and enhances relationships with current customers to sell scaffolding products and services to maximize branch revenue and profitability.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Generate sales leads and call on potential new and current customers to discover requirements and sell scaffolding products/services to them, consistent with branch revenue and profitability goals.
- Examine customer specifications and prepare proposals that fulfill customer requirements for the sale and/or rental and/or erection and disassembly of scaffolding systems. Coordinate engineering services relating to proposals. Perform duties related to proposal preparation, such reviewing blueprints and performing estimating.
- Present proposals to customers in a convincing manner and respond to customer questions and/or objections to secure the sale. Negotiate terms of sale to the best advantage of the company.
- Coordinate the sales, delivery, and/or erection and disassembly of scaffolding systems consistent with customer requirements and branch revenue and profitability goals.
- Provide leadership and assist in the supervision and direction of job site work crews to fulfill customer requirements and maintain job profitability. Discuss job requirements with construction job site management or other personnel to insure satisfaction of customer requirements and the safe utilization of company products and services.
- Review and administer billing activities to insure that customers are invoiced in an accurate and timely manner for all sales and/or rental of scaffolding systems and related services. Follow up with past-due accounts to secure payment for purchased products or services in a manner that insures payment but maintains the business relationship with the customer.
- Maintain documentation of sales activities and related expenses.
- Maintain awareness of competitor’s sales efforts and programs in the branch territory.
DESCRIPTION OF NONESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Participate in changing scaffolding systems that have not been built to specifications by the erectors.
Participate in the coordination of job site scaffolding erection personnel.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
- Requires education generally equivalent to a High School diploma. It is desirable for the incumbent to have attained additional business related education, such as an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Sales and Marketing.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of industrial sales experience. Scaffolding and/or Insulation sales an asset
- It is desirable for the incumbent to have previous experience in the construction industry.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner while carefully observing all traffic rules and regulations.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, company employees, and customer employees at job sites and give sales presentations and negotiate terms and conditions of sales to the best advantage of the company.
- Requires the ability to review and process important customer information (blueprints, plans, specifications, etc….) and prepare timely, accurate, and competitive bids for the sale and/or rental of scaffolding systems.
- Requires ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to customers and company personnel.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a calculator, telephone, computer (utilizing a variety of software packages), and facsimile machine.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
May require the wearing of safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, safety harness, hearing protection, hard hat, and protective gloves, and site specific personal protective equipment while visiting various job sites.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear, and/or use hands and fingers to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must also be capable climbing ladders to access scaffolding up to high precarious places. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places, is exposed to fumes, airborne particles, dust, non-weather heat, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is also occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and may work in varying degrees of confined space. The noise level is usually moderate, but may be loud at certain times while visiting construction job sites. There is significant work related travel.
The above statements reflect the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Safway offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, health, dental, vision, vacation time off, and paid time off leave.
5 Easy Ways to Apply!
Call Jenna Persson for more information: 780-912-0674
Drop off or mail your resume to our office:
11237 87 Ave
Fort Saskatchewan AB