The position of Public Educator will provide staff support in developing, coordinating, and implementing public outreach and education programs that promote awareness of issues related to Sexual Violence and facilitating referral services. This work includes working with youth in schools and assisting with coordinating public workshops, and other public events, development of brochures, fliers, and educational materials.
1. Assist with the promotion, scheduling, and implementation of school-based programs designed to educate youth about sexual violence.
2. Assist in the coordination and promotion of other education programs including the First Responders Training and the ONYX teen girl’s program. Responsibilities will include preparation of materials, booking the program and providing intake information. Also responsible for maintaining the records on public education statistics.
3. Assist in the coordination of public workshops, fundraising events, community events, interagency meetings and community awareness activities.
4. Provide information on the agency programs and services via telephone to the general public.
5. Assist clients in accessing appropriate services. Telephone answering and intakes may be required as needed.
This is a description of the principal functions of the position. The Public Educator may be assigned other tasks in order to meet the needs of the agency in serving the public.
Applicant must demonstrate the ability to perform the above duties and also demonstrate the possession of the following traits essential to the performance of the Public Educator duties. These are:
o Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills a must
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or other computer applications, as needed.
o Ability to organize and engage youth in a group setting.
o Ability to work independently and take a leadership role.
o Flexible and adaptable in all activities and responsibilities.
o Willingness to take direction and the ability to support colleagues and other program staff.
o Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines.
o Ability to respond with sensitivity to individuals in distress
o Ability to follow established procedures and guidelines for assisting consumers to access appropriate services
Special Qualifications and Requirements:
The following updated documents will be required for personnel file:
1. Criminal record check
2. CYIR check
3. Suicide Intervention
4. Oath of Confidentiality
37.5 hours per week with some flexibility. Work hours are generally Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 4:30 p.m.; however, due to the nature of this position, applicant must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends. – less
4 salaries reported
$20.00 per hour