Life in the Deli Department
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) – Thunder Bay, ON – 28 February 2017
- Hours get cut often ( I once went two weeks without getting even a 4-hour shift)
- Working a 6:00- 11:15 pm shift as a student can be very hard on you, I do not recommend.
- You will constantly smell of meat.
- Management shows little respect for part-time workers.
- You'll make a lot of friends and interesting people.
- Great selection of food to eat at your 15min coffee break (also Starbucks).
- Especially in the deli department, the working conditions are disgusting.
- You get most holidays off (Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Family Day, etc.) or get paid timeX2 for it.
- (personal opinion) the uniforms are so uncomfortable and ugly.
- Everyone is constantly in a rush so it can be a very stressful environment.
- They'll hire just about anyone, so if this is your first job I would definitely recommend it to get some work experience.
- You have a lot of responsibilities.
Extra pay for holidays, great first job
Bad overall environment