Safeway Employee Review

Amazing Experience Provider.
Cashier/ Check-Out Clerk (Former Employee) –  1440 Henderson Highway16 September 2013
This job taught me many useful skills in any field of work such as outstanding customer service and an outstanding display of work ethics. Coming to work was never stressful and management was always kind but thorough with their teaching methods. I personally worked as a cashier/ check out clerk which was very enjoyable. The job itself was very easy to maintain and Safeway's number one concern was being kind to their customers thus resulting in them not being very angry or hostel due to the expectation of getting good customer service from us (the employees) resulting in the job environment being very joy filled and positive.
Pros
Employee benefits.
Cons
Not enough hours.

Other Safeway Employee Reviews

Union Job UFCW1518
Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 November 2017
Was only part time had no benefits and no stat pay for my position. Was working towards getting full time hours but is hard in a union environment. Great company
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Hard work in dusty areas at times
Easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 November 2017
Nice staff and co-workers sometimes very annoying customers and struggled to remember produce codes which irritated some. Training was provided and very well done.
Pros
Nice staff, forgiving
Cons
Takes up weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safeway. Our community is ready to answer.