Safeway Employee Review

productive
inventory (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba19 November 2013
come in put inventory away.
learned safeway's way of stocking shelves
management was good
co-workers were ok
hardest part was evening shift while maintaining my day job

Other Safeway Employee Reviews

Good co-workers worst management I've had to deal with
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 December 2017
At the start I was quite hopeful for this job but after a few months in night crew I got very frustrated with the management. Despite me writing that I was only able to work 2-3 shifts a week they'd often give me 4-5 and with awful hours they knew I didn't have a car and still scheduled me in for 11-3am so I'd be stranded in the worst part of town in the middle of the night. Management would often be upset if we didn't get other people's jobs done for example one morning we told the manager that we had finished the grocery order but weren't able to finish the bread then she scowled at us. The department I worked in only had 3 people so if anyone needed time off if you weren't working the expectation was you were to come in. They promised me a better position as well but kept me on night crew too which was frustrating. Everything was broken in the back as well. One of my last days all three pallet jacks were broken and two of those had been broken for weeks without repair or even a promise of repair.

My only advice would be to find a different store to work for as I've worked for multiple grocery stores and have friends who have as well and they all say that this place treats it's workers the worst.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Awful management
Generally quiet, monotonous
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2017
A decent starting job. Though, the uniform could have been a bit more comfortable, and I wish my hours were more consistent, but shifts were assigned through seniority so it was understandable.

Nothing special to note, really.
Pros
trivial work, easy customer service
Cons
late nights, far from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safeway. Our community is ready to answer.