Safeway

Safeway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FUN PLACE TO WORK ..
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 31, 2015
Pros: HELPING OUT CUSTOMERS. SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO EXPERIENCE EVERY TIME
Cons: NO PROPER TRAINING OR S.O.P
BLIND IS LEADING HERE ,,, NO S.O.P OR PROPER TRAINING. IF THAT WAS PROVIDED AND MENTORED PROPERLY I WOULD BE WORKING THERE.
n
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), nAugust 31, 2015
good company.very friendly people, co workers and management. I would recommend Safeway to everyone whether you want to shop there or work with the team.
clean and respectful
Customer service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: it was my english
I worked there for 1 year it was nice while I study, I learned how to deal with different people which the location was very close to a university comps. Very clean job and feel helping other was makes me feel good about myself.
Very enjoyable.
Floral Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Union job
Cons: Competition for job
I did all the work that was assigned to me - preparation of flowers, customer service, fruit baskets, cashier, watering plants. I liked my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was the amount of knowledge needed to be in this department. There was nothing I disliked about my job.
Good experience while at Canada Safeway
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Surrey BCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Good company that trains employees well
Cons: Hours initially were sporadic.
The produce section was very well run. Efficiency was maintained in all aspects at all times. My fellow employees and the Produce Manager were a pleasure to work alongside.
Like this job
Front Desk/Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 20, 2015
Fun coworkers fun atmosphere! I like the people here and the people like me. Customers are fun too. Just watch out for the shoplifters....theres a lot of them
Great working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), EdmontonAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great working with people
Cons: Not enough hours.
A lot of running around doing your own tasks and helping other employees with others whether its watching the customer service desk, cashing, filing out timecards to ensure employees get paid, helping meet customers needs and ensuring they are happy with the service you are providing them.

I learn that it takes hard work to move up in the company, and that you have to prioritize the tasks you are given on a daily basis and ensure they all get completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job has to for sure be interacting with customers and employees on a daily basis.
Love
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 12, 2015
This was my favourite job so far.
The customers were for the most part really nice and understanding
My boss and co-workers were a blast to work with
They were willing to teach you every part of the job
Taking time was very fair and easy.
Productive space with decent management and lots to do
Baker's assistant (Former Employee), Lethbridge, AlbertaAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Regimented, guaranteed breaks, decnt management, great coworkers
Cons: Irregular hours, hours per week not guaranteed
Great place to work. Had a second job at the time and were very accomodating of that. Sometimes difficult to get hours, lots of employees, and as I was a new employee, hours were given to them before me. So the hierarchical nature of the employee organization made it a bit difficult for me. Shift work meant irregular hours, but that was fine by me, I needed as much work as possible. I was kept very busy, which I enjoyed.
Work at Safeway
Acting Manager and staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Calgary, AB OgdenAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Unknown Shopper on the spot check.
Cons: Air miles Tuesday.
Work at Safeway was fun and quite good. I was a valued staff. I would have stayed but needed to help my wife with our baby since she was was going to Nursing school during the day. This was the reason I joined Shoppers first as an overnight pharmacists. The benefits and compensation was quite good.
Great place to work if you have no career aspirations
Manager - Application Development (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Great pay.
Cons: No career advancement
Well paid and laid back culture. Not fast paced and lacks the challenge.Well paid and laid back culture. Not fast paced and lacks the challenge.Well paid and laid back culture. Not fast paced and lacks the challenge.
great place
Deli clerk (Former Employee), Vernon, BCJuly 31, 2015
great place to work. always liked being busy and the fast paced environment. enjoyed helping customers and general customer service. the hardest part of the job there was the lack of flexibility with my daughter. overall i liked working for the company.
Good job.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 31, 2015
This was my first job and it was a good place to work. The flexibility was good. I learned a lot here about customer service and how to exceed customers expectations every day.
It's a great job
Store Associate, Subway (Current Employee), CapilanoJuly 27, 2015
I work in the deli at safeway as a deli clerk. I work at capliano safeway. Its a very team work related job and I enjoy going to work there. I find my coworkers to be very friendly and helpful and willing to help me whenever need be.
productive and taught me some new things
deli clerk (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbJuly 23, 2015
A typical work day involved prepping salads, sandwiches, subs, using industrial ovens to cook turkeys and chickens. use of deep fryers, cutting meats with slicer and tenting to customers. I learned to use the meat slicers and how to weigh meats and salads on a scale in grams and pounds. How to sanitize all cookware, ovens and deep fryers. Can't really say much about management because they hardly came around. My Co-workers were fun and knowledgeable and I appreciate the things they taught me in so little time. The hardest part of my job at Safeway was cleaning the deep fryer. I enjoyed working their because it was close to home.
Low hours, low pay, no reason to stay
Lower Management/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 18, 2015
Low hours, low pay, no reason to stay. Like many grocery/department stores they hire a bunch of part-time people to avoid paying benefits, to work 15 hours a week in four 4-hour shifts at all times of the day. Pay is lousy, you have to come in all the time for very little hours and it just is not a good place to work.
Not much to say
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2015
Safeway was my start up job. Deli work. It was a fun atmosphere, mostly young people. I worked there for a couple years but had to leave. Safeway is not a place that I would call my permanent job. As a start up job its amazing.
lots bagging and demanding always good and nice face under bad siuations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 655 osborneJuly 14, 2015
most of time have to stand and working hard, nice team working but not regular work hour makes me unstable income,demanding of bagging all the time is my hardest part.
Fun and enjoyable place to do work experience
Bakery Assistant/Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 12, 2015
Pros: amazing employees
Cons: rude customers
Safeway is a fun and enjoyable place to get work experience.
personally grow and develop you interests.
put your work ethnics to work.
fun and productive
Produce assistant manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2015
Pros: benefits and great people work with
Cons: no chance of moving up in company
enjoyed my experience with safeway, but reach my potential in the job i was doing and was no longer rewarding....applied for Management but was overlooked many times even in seniority so time to move on....

1 2 3 4 5

About Safeway

Safeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY), a Fortune 500 company, is North America's second largest supermarket chain after Kroger Co., with, as – Read more